GDT: #9 | Penguins @ Rangers | 01/30 | 7:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I mean I make fun of Todd Reirden and the idea that some fans were even EXCITED having him back in the fold for some reason but he has little to do with the powerplay succeeding or failing.

Nothing in how he coached the PP then versus how he coaches it now has changed.

The entire Bylsma era Reirden coached powerplay was predicated on Crosby or Malkin making some amazing play to win a 1 on 2 battle to set up or score a goal. This one is too. Who knows, maybe the problem with that will dawn on him eventually. :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

The entire Bylsma era Reirden coached powerplay was predicated on Crosby or Malkin making some amazing play to win a 1 on 2 battle to set up or score a goal. This one is too. Who knows, maybe the problem with that will dawn on him eventually. :laugh:

I think I'm going to pop a blood vessel screaming "USE THE BUMPER POSITION FOR ONCE" every time I see the Pens pass the puck around the perimeter and either wait for an un-screened Malkin or Letang point shot, or a low percentage cross goal line pass for a tap in fail.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think I'm going to pop a blood vessel screaming "USE THE BUMPER POSITION FOR ONCE" every time I see the Pens pass the puck around the perimeter and either wait for an un-screened Malkin or Letang point shot, or a low percentage cross goal line pass for a tap in fail.

I wouldn't worry. If you haven't already burst the blood vessel screaming it over the last how ever many years, odds are you can continue to do so safely. :D

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Yeah I mean this is how I remember Todd Reirden, too. But I thought maybe I had just clogged up my synapses too much the last few years or something so I didn't want to dampen the uh... enthusiasm over hiring... Todd Reirden.

Reactions: KIRK

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Just like I told @Gurglesons a few hours ago, the lines are . . .

Whoever Sid Wants from Jake and Zucker - Sid - Whoever Sid Wants from Rust and Kapanen
Whoever Sid Doesn't Want - Malkin - Whoever Sid Doesn't Want
McCann-TB-Tanev
Whatever-Whatever-Whatever

I’m just glad we got Sceviour out of the line-up. Pretty obvious he was the reason our top six was a no show last game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I’m just glad we got Sceviour out of the line-up. Pretty obvious he was the reason our top six was a no show last game.

I just hope the coming product from GM Crosby are better than that from Bench Boss Crosby . . . :oops:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Still not expecting much with the D we are icing right now. Big chore to get the puck up ice and in with sustained pressure.
We'll see how it goes, i guess.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
About time Sceviour was scratched. Dude has generally done nothing since coming to Pittsburgh, I've been wildly disappointed in what I've seen from him. I was expecting a Tanev-lite player according to Panthers fans, but he just looks like a dime a dozen 4th liner that doesn't do anything special.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They could have just said nothing and nobody would have noticed Sceviour was even scratched. I agree with Empo... Cats fans said he was alright but I sure haven't seen hardly any indication of it. Just more flotsam and jetsam on this roster.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
f*** $GME... who’s betting his house on a Rust goal with me?

ElLKSS.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
About time Sceviour was scratched. Dude has generally done nothing since coming to Pittsburgh, I've been wildly disappointed in what I've seen from him. I was expecting a Tanev-lite player according to Panthers fans, but he just looks like a dime a dozen 4th liner that doesn't do anything special.

He’s leading the Pens in even strength goals

Z8M9X4w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad