GDT: #9 Ducks @ Stars | 5:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Could have given up 2 2nds for top pairing defenseman for Boychuk. Instead we give up 1 2nd and get bottom pairing Bieksa. That's pretty much Bob Murray in a nutshell

Yes. For the last two years, while on the cusp of a cup he continues to dumpster dive instead make the big move. Pissing away assets for marginal talent until we end up here. If anything, Frankie's leadership and known team chemistry was worth keeping over Bieksa. Even if neither are any good in year three, Frankie was the better move. You would think any GM would know that. But not Bob. :shakehead

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Mike Santorelli has arguably been our best player all season. Bargain bin success.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Yes. For the last two years, while on the cusp of a cup he continues to dumpster dive instead make the big move. Pissing away assets for marginal talent until we end up here. If anything, Frankie's leadership and known team chemistry was worth keeping over Bieksa. Even if neither are any good in year three, Frankie was the better move. You would think any GM would know that. But not Bob. :shakehead
Nobody knew about Boychuk before it happened. If the Bruins were smarter they would have shopped him a bit longer instead of rushing a deal with the Islanders.

And Beauchemin and Beleskey wouldn't turn this team now into a Cup contender.

getzforfighting*

Nobody knew about Boychuk before it happened. If the Bruins were smarter they would have shopped him a bit longer instead of rushing a deal with the Islanders.

Yes they would.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Huh?

That doesn't make any sense. Boston probably would have rather traded Boychuk to a western team.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Agreed. Sign the man.

Speed, makes smart decisions with the puck, seems to be in the right place at the right time and brings a needed energy to his line.

I think Rakell had a solid game even though he didn't get on the score sheet.

Fowler is becoming a #1 before our eyes IMO. Connected on pretty much every pass and is skating as well as I've seen from him. Hampus too.

Bieksa was just atrocious. Why does he feel the need to skate the puck into the offensive zone 80% of the time he has it in the NZ?

gradin123

May 12, 2010
Pretty much this. They were just gassed, and it showed. The only one play of lackluster play was that Bieksa garbage...Do ANYTHING there, for a guy who is supposed to be a leader, that is unacceptable effort with 90 seconds left in a game when you've been clinging to life the past 18 1/2 minutes.

Sadly true.

Canucks fan here. Not trolling.

I am just trying to figure out what is happening in Anaheim.

Looking at the box scores I really am shocked to see how much Bieksa is playing. He is playing a lot more this year in Anaheim than he did last year in Vancouver.

Last year he showed obvious signs of decline in his play and I actually was really surprised the Ducks gave up much as they did for him.

Bieksa is a great person, really good guy but it is clear his best days are behind him. I wish him the best but there is no way Imo he should be playing as many minutes as he has this year. On a good team he should be no more than a 6th or 7th defenseman at this stage of his career.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015

Looking at the box scores I really am shocked to see how much Bieksa is playing. He is playing a lot more this year in Anaheim than he did last year in Vancouver.

Last year he showed obvious signs of decline in his play and I actually was really surprised the Ducks gave up much as they did for him.

Bieksa is a great person, really good guy but it is clear his best days are behind him. I wish him the best but there is no way Imo he should be playing as many minutes as he has this year. On a good tean he should be no more than a 6th or 7th defenseman at this stage of his career.

He has shifts where he looks like he belongs but for the most part gets carried by Hampus.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

In case you didn't take the time to fully understand my post, it wasn't about Boychuck or whether Beauchemin is the answer to our current problems. It's that our GM isn't very good and has not played to the level of a cup winning GM.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Bieksa is a great person, really good guy but it is clear his best days are behind him. I wish him the best but there is no way Imo he should be playing as many minutes as he has this year. On a good team he should be no more than a 6th or 7th defenseman at this stage of his career.

You got even for Sbisa. No more complaining.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Despres is supposed to be a top 4 dman playing the right side but he's out hurt. Manson would be the obvious replacement but he's hurt as well. We're left with Bieksa and Vatanen to eat up all the minutes that don't go to Korbinian Holzer.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Despres is supposed to be a top 4 dman playing the right side but he's out hurt. Manson would be the obvious replacement but he's hurt as well. We're left with Bieksa and Vatanen to eat up all the minutes that don't go to Korbinian Holzer.

eh. even with our full d-core bieksa was playign a **** ton of minutes. although he wasn't this bad in the beginning

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Huh?

That doesn't make any sense. Boston probably would have rather traded Boychuk to a western team.

Boychuk wasn't a top pairing defenseman in Boston. He really has flourished and grown his game on the Island.

I honestly kinda miss Beauch/Bells.

I miss Bells, at least you knew he was always going to bring it, and do anything he could to help the team win a game.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Boychuk wasn't a top pairing defenseman in Boston. He really has flourished and grown his game on the Island.

I disagree. His underlying numbers have always been fantastic, and he has a big shot, solid skating, and decent hands...IMO he was a #2 in Boston after Chara. Him/Seidenberg/Chara were what made those Boston teams defense so special. Boston missed the playoffs without him last year...that says something

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010

cMWalaa.gif

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I disagree. His underlying numbers have always been fantastic, and he has a big shot, solid skating, and decent hands...IMO he was a #2 in Boston after Chara. Him/Seidenberg/Chara were what made those Boston teams defense so special. Boston missed the playoffs without him last year...that says something

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm not going to argue that he wasn't important because he obviously was, but he was a clear #3/4 in Boston behind Chara and Seidenberg. Which is not top pairing defenseman, not to say that the potential was not there.

Steppin Razor

Nov 11, 2013
At this point, I don't know whether I should be more disappointed in myself for thinking we would actually win after going up 3-0, or in the team for actually blowing a 3-0 lead.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Well we looked good for 20 minutes. Ha. It's embarrassing to cough up a 3-0 lead so easily, back to backs or not. Completely outplayed in the final 40 minutes.

What a dumpster fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad