Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Playing Bieksa that much is Bruces fault

What should he play with Lindholm?

Fowler? Nice, that leaves for Holzer-Bieksa ''super-shutdown pair''

This team have huge issues. Bob is partly responsible for that. Stoner and Bieksa in the last 2 offseasons are really questionable at best

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
What should he play with Lindholm?

Fowler? Nice, that leaves for Holzer-Bieksa ''super-shutdown pair''

This team have huge issues. Bob is partly responsible for that. Stoner and Bieksa in the last 2 offseasons are really questionable at best

Stoner has been "fine". Bieksa through nine games has been absolutely terrible. I hate comparing to other teams, but in this case I feel it's appropriate: The Blackhawks won a Stanley Cup with a terrible 5-6 defense pairing. Mind you, the Ducks don't have a Keith (or even Seabrook) on their roster, but still... Bieksa is terrible and Lindholm needs a better partner. That shouldn't even be up for debate.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Vancouver wanted nothing to do with Bieksa, they realized that he had regressed too much to bring anything to the table. They chose Anaheim's left-over, Sbisa over him - but in Anaheim Bieksa is supposed to be a first pairing defenceman?

Give me a break, terrible signing. He's a bottom pairing guy at this point of his career.

Manson is clearly better.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Ducks.nhl.com looks like a soviet disinformation thing! Walk and talks with kent french and players, where we talk about **** that doesnt matter and everybody is smiling.

Smiling should be outlawed.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
The Ducks are fragile mentally, once they felt the Stars take the momentum and pour it on, you could just see that they were expecting bad things to come their way.

I'm really starting to buy into the idea that there are a myriad of underlying ailments with key players to go along with the ones we know about. So many key guys look 'off'.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The Ducks are fragile mentally, once they felt the Stars take the momentum and pour it on, you could just see that they were expecting bad things to come their way.

I'm really starting to buy into the idea that there are a myriad of underlying ailments with key players to go along with the ones we know about. So many key guys look 'off'.

It's a slump. Very few guys have confidence right now, and coupled with a back to back, last night's result isn't too surprising.

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
It's a slump. Very few guys have confidence right now, and coupled with a back to back, last night's result isn't too surprising.

This is how I feel. Going up against the strongest offense in the league with a mentally fragile team. My brother text me at the end of the first acting like our issues were behind us. I told him to relax and let the rest of the game play out.

I was hoping they'd be able to hold on or add to the lead but instead... lol Even my optimistic ass is starting to lose heart. This streak is so depressing I went from optimistic about a potential turnaround to confused. I'm not even mad. I can't fathom what has transpired.

I can only hope they turn it around. Even if they do they'll be going into the playoffs after having run up hill for 85% of the season.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

I think this is more than just a slump. But your point still stands, the result wasn't surprising at all. The only surprise was the three goals to all the newbies to go with this loss. I expected the Stars to blow us out.

Roussel potting the game-winner was just cruelty from the hockey gods.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
fX9A9pa.gif

31z5mQr.gif

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Wagner reminds me of Beleskey before he found his scoring touch on the NHL level. Loves hitting, but locks up a bit when he gets put into an offensive role.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Stoner has been "fine". Bieksa through nine games has been absolutely terrible. I hate comparing to other teams, but in this case I feel it's appropriate: The Blackhawks won a Stanley Cup with a terrible 5-6 defense pairing. Mind you, the Ducks don't have a Keith (or even Seabrook) on their roster, but still... Bieksa is terrible and Lindholm needs a better partner. That shouldn't even be up for debate.

I would probably agree that Stoner hasn't been as bad as some say, but he hasnt brought value with that contract.
To me at least, makes the Stoner/Bieksa comparison pretty valid.
Murray has done a very good job getting them to the precipice. Has he
done the correct things to push them over? Early signs not good

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Oleksiak got Wagged

I really like Wagner, weather it is because the rest of the team plays bad or anything, i don`t care. The kid comes to play every night

And, he is very similar to Jonathan Toews by his looks and playing style/character. One might argue that Toews is a better player though. hehe

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Chris Stewart needs to go me thinks.

It's somewhat Ironic that he's playing for you guys how his brother did for us. I loved Anthony as a person (he's an amazing twitter follow btw), but the guy was beyond brutal on the ice and it got to the point where we literally gave the Kings two picks just to get rid of him.

Though, I will admit, the fact we got Kevin Westgarth back and considering Bill Cowher's relationship with the team, it brought the nepotism banter to all time highs :laugh:

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Just saw the Wagner hit and loved it (other than the fact he hit an ex-Northeastern player). How did he play otherwise? From the comments it looks like typical Wagner at the moment - good physicality but just can't produce yet offensively?

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
To say Wagner is not able to produce offensively is unfair at this point. 10 games in his career and all on the 4th line, in 4th line situations on the ice and the PK, is not a fair assessment.

Give him some line mates that have offensive ability and he will put up points, I believe that. Last night he created his own chance on the 4th line. His speed and tenacity will create offensive opportunities with the right guys.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
To say Wagner is not able to produce offensively is unfair at this point. 10 games in his career and all on the 4th line, in 4th line situations on the ice and the PK, is not a fair assessment.

Give him some line mates that have offensive ability and he will put up points, I believe that. Last night he created his own chance on the 4th line. His speed and tenacity will create offensive opportunities with the right guys.

I wasn't insulting his play when I said that. That's why I added the word "yet" in there. I believe, with time, he'll be able to.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Oleksiak got Wagged

I really like Wagner, weather it is because the rest of the team plays bad or anything, i don`t care. The kid comes to play every night

And, he is very similar to Jonathan Toews by his looks and playing style/character. One might argue that Toews is a better player though. hehe

Would it be a stretch to say Wagner could be worse? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad