GDT: #9 Ducks @ Stars | 5:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I feel so bad for Hampus. Made no mistake at any goal and is -3.

So he wasn't the one caught up ice leading to a 2-on-1 for the GWG? Hampus has been great for the most part but saying he made no mistake last night is ridiculous.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
That was Bieksa iirc.

Bieksa is the one that blew the 2-on-1 coverage :laugh: but Lindholm is the one that got caught up ice which allowed it in the first place. You can't let stuff like that happen in a tie game with less than 2 minutes to go.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
my bad, Bieksa was the one that didnt mow down roussel. Lindholm was in front of the bench, looked like he just finished contact with a stars player from the video replay because he was stationary.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Still pissed about this game. All the team needed to do was protect the puck and play conservatively to get the game to overtime. And they couldn't even do that. Bunch of flunkies.

They actually were better of taking an intentional penalty. That would be the only way they could keep icing the puck and get away with it.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I don't miss Bels, but Frankie should have been buried in Ducks gear. That guy gave so much to our franchise.

It's incredible how a GM can make the same mistake twice. Beauch should've never left Anaheim in the first place.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Still pissed about this game. All the team needed to do was protect the puck and play conservatively to get the game to overtime. And they couldn't even do that. Bunch of flunkies.

I think the opposite is true. All they needed to do was keep playing to score, while not over committing. Prevent defense is exactly what this team needs to do less of. Dallas, as a team, is far too offensively talented to just play conservatively against. Their defense, on the other hand, is a weakness, and one which Anaheim could, and should, have exploited.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
I think the opposite is true. All they needed to do was keep playing to score, while not over committing. Prevent defense is exactly what this team needs to do less of. Dallas, as a team, is far too offensively talented to just play conservatively against. Their defense, on the other hand, is a weakness, and one which Anaheim could, and should, have exploited.
agree 1000000000%...ducks should be playing a run and gun game right now...try to open things up and play with nothing to lose...instead they are FINDING ways to lose games....never a good thing/sign

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Stoner has been better than Bieksa last few games. Maybe Bieksa should go hunt a bear or something.

That's because he's playing in a role that suits him...15 minutes a night. I actually think Stoner could use some more PK time. Same with Holzer, I think both are fine in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad