GDT: 9/29/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay vs Pittsburgh @ Johnstown, PA [Preseason Game 5]

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Yep. Guds seems to like to scramble wildly.

Know what kind of goalies scramble wildly? Weak ones.

I don't ****ing get it, either.

I've watched him in Syracuse, i've watched him calm and composed and smooth and holding his posts, challenging effectively, doing lots of things right.

Then, you see this ****, and you know what? It infuriates me, because I know damn well hes better than this ****, but I don't trust him right now, and the org doesn't, either.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Yeah - I mean, he's athletic and that's fantastic. But every save can't be a reaction save.

Every goalie that I've seen/heard described as primarily athletic, isn't good. Rinne is described as athletic. But he is one, huge, and two, plays his angles first and foremost. When the puck zips by in excess of 100 miles per hour, you simply can't rely on reflexes. It's impossible. You need to play probability / angles. When you can't swallow it, which SHOULD be rare, you're allowed to scramble a little to do so.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The big question with Guds is how much of this is how he would play if he was our backup and how much of it comes from the nerves he must feel for having to perform as well as there always is someone comming in to challange for "his" spot, not that it's any excuse, he shouldn't feel of it but it also can't be easy always being behind someone now that Casy is around getting the backup, I dunno, it's just hard to see him like this when you've seen how good he can be, like in the Canada game as well as his first NHL game against CBJ.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The big question with Guds is how much of this is how he would play if he was our backup and how much of it comes from the nerves he must feel for having to perform as well as there always is someone comming in to challange for "his" spot, not that it's any excuse, he shouldn't feel of it but it also can't be easy always being behind someone now that Casy is around getting the backup, I dunno, it's just hard to see him like this when you've seen how good he can be, like in the Canada game as well as his first NHL game against CBJ.

Gudlevskis played in the Olympics. How he's nervous NOW makes no sense to me.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

I want to believe, I just don't think he has the mental stuff for the this level yet.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The young guys were a lot more impressive than the vets. Pre-season.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
That was that, oh well, this was like a homegame for the Pens and most of the people in the stands are their fans so i guess they could get to enjoy this.

Back to the game itself, saw some great things and some concerning things, hopefully the concerning things are just because its preseason and not something we'll see a lot of.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
First time that much of the big club is together, bound to be a sloppy game. Also think the pens having so many AHL guys who busted their butts didnt help. No big deal

Only thing I am concerned about it the powerplay. Gonna be a lot of banging my head against a wall again this year.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
With this abysmal showing in so far we really need to step up and get a big win if we are going to qualify for the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad