GDT: 9/29/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay vs Pittsburgh @ Johnstown, PA [Preseason Game 5]

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
At least Drouin had a nice goal. Would have been nice to have some goalkeeping to keep pace with theirs.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Yes he looked good. If he plays this season like he did this preseason this team should be in pretty good shape. I expect the triplets to be fine. If Stamkos and Drouin are playing like they can watch out.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
So it sounded like another unimspired night from the Lightning? Thats not good as season gets closer. Although I will say our 4th line with Condra and Boyle actually looks like a legit 4th line. That was a pretty play from those two. And Drouin is going to be ready to hit the ground running this year.

Opinions on the goaltending situation?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So it sounded like another unimspired night from the Lightning? Thats not good as season gets closer. Although I will say our 4th line with Condra and Boyle actually looks like a legit 4th line. That was a pretty play from those two. And Drouin is going to be ready to hit the ground running this year.

Opinions on the goaltending situation?

We're looking at Nabokov-esque backups right now. If Bishop goes down we're in huge trouble for a couple months.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
My slightly late thoughts on the game

#1 Drouin is wow
#2 I'd seen Murray a few time before so I knew what to expect but he still played a ridiculous game
#3 The 4th goal reminded me of that goal off Bishop's glove in the Detroit series which I wish I could forget
#4 I've been thinking of Vlad as on his way out but he's looking great
#5 Carle wasn't terrible
#6 Looked like half the team didn't give a **** but I stopped giving a **** halfway through too so I can't blame them
#7 I miss Vasy
#8 I still don't know what Slapshot is about or why anyone cares. But when my mother asked about it I said it was the American equivalent of Intouchables and now she wants to rent it. I did not think this lie through very well.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Biggest issue I see is our backup goalie is going to be bad, lets hope bishop holds up till vasy gets back.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hmm not sure how much concern to put into this pre-season. Goal tending has been atrocious but Vasy is hurt and Bishop played only a half a game where we won that game. Drouin, Vladdy, and Condra have been excellent, Hedman and Stralman have been fine, TKO with the exception of Kucherov this pre-season dont seem to care too much now and look bad out there.

I thought the Stamkos line was good last night, they scored a goal , and looked good on both ends, that first goal was not on them at all, was a fluke goal. So some good things and some bad things.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Last preseason we won 5 out of 6 games which was great but I do wonder if that had something to do with personell, I mean back then other than Stamkos, Hedman, Filppula, Bishop and Carle everyone else was either new at TDL (Callahan) or during FA (StrÃ¥lman, Boyle, Garrison, Morrow, Nabby) or they were the young guys trying to prove that they were not going through a sophomore slump but all of them were playing to fit into the lineup while this year we only have three players really that needs that, Condra who is the new guy and Drouin and Vladdy who are the young guys who all for one reason other the other needs/wants to prove themselves to fit in while the rest of the guys don’t really have to do it this time (they should always do it but you can understand why they don’t even if you don’t agree). It’s one of the negative sides of not making many changes over the summer, players can get to comfortable, but I’m hoping that I’m sort of wrong and it’s just a preseason thing and they will become the Lightning team we know and love once the regular season starts.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Last preseason we won 5 out of 6 games which was great but I do wonder if that had something to do with personell, I mean back then other than Stamkos, Hedman, Filppula, Bishop and Carle everyone else was either new at TDL (Callahan) or during FA (Strålman, Boyle, Garrison, Morrow, Nabby) or they were the young guys trying to prove that they were not going through a sophomore slump but all of them were playing to fit into the lineup while this year we only have three players really that needs that, Condra who is the new guy and Drouin and Vladdy who are the young guys who all for one reason other the other needs/wants to prove themselves to fit in while the rest of the guys don’t really have to do it this time (they should always do it but you can understand why they don’t even if you don’t agree). It’s one of the negative sides of not making many changes over the summer, players can get to comfortable, but I’m hoping that I’m sort of wrong and it’s just a preseason thing and they will become the Lightning team we know and love once the regular season starts.

I think your kinda right because this is only preseason. But it is hockey and you would think after losing the cup they would be jacked up. But i think this team will be fine. Only concern I have is backup goalie.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think your kinda right because this is only preseason. But it is hockey and you would think after losing the cup they would be jacked up. But i think this team will be fine. Only concern I have is backup goalie.

It's probably kind of the opposite. Not exactly easy to pump yourself up for games that literally don't matter when the last games you've played were the biggest of your life.

We were missing a lot of grit last night from the vets, but I'd rather just go into the season healthy than go 7-0 in the pre-season but have guys with minor injuries already piling up. The players who need to have a good pre-season are having one.

Kucherov looked like he'd rather be playing video games or something last night. But whatever. If he's like that a week from now, it's a problem. I doubt that'll be the case though.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's probably kind of the opposite. Not exactly easy to pump yourself up for games that literally don't matter when the last games you've played were the biggest of your life.

We were missing a lot of grit last night from the vets, but I'd rather just go into the season healthy than go 7-0 in the pre-season but have guys with minor injuries already piling up. The players who need to have a good pre-season are having one.

Kucherov looked like he'd rather be playing video games or something last night. But whatever. If he's like that a week from now, it's a problem. I doubt that'll be the case though.

Nah, he wanted to get back to his hotel room and watch Slapshot.

lightningfanqc

Oct 30, 2009
Nordiques City
Is it me or Sustr doesn't get better with time.....he was so bad yesterday on at least 2-3 goals of the Pens and he plays softer than any d-man on our team even Matt Carle. I see Koekkoek staying rather than the akward giraffe Sustr.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00