GDT: 9/28/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas [SCF Game 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They were all checked out at the local Blockbuster last I checked. :(

Funny you mentioned that, I just talked about them in my other reply. I tell you they're really going downhill lately, you can never find anything good anymore and nobody rewinds their movies. If they don't change their ways they may go out of business soon.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
The off season and trade deadline moves all were all good. Made a difference . That third line of Gorde and they new guys was a wrecking crew.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015
Hopefully Tyler would be open enough to a move, of course. The NTC is the big question mark there. Not impossible to move those guys, but obviously they have to consent to it. And it's hard to imagine him being terribly keen on going to a non-competitive team after having played for a Cup-or-bust team for the last five seasons.

IF he can be moved, we can keep this squad together better. Otherwise, we have some tough decisions to make.

What are the odds any of these guys would agree to a salary contract restructure...im not too familiar with NHL contract rules but similar to other sports. Could it be unrealistic that these guys truly enjoy the family atmosphere they have developed and make further sacrifices to stay together? Not to mention vinik is a stand up guy that would most likely take care of some of these guys long term

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
What are the odds any of these guys would agree to a salary contract restructure...im not too familiar with NHL contract rules but similar to other sports. Could it be unrealistic that these guys truly enjoy the family atmosphere they have developed and make further sacrifices to stay together? Not to mention vinik is a stand up guy that would most likely take care of some of these guys long term

You know how salty that would make outside fans be?

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
volkov I thinK they put him in as we were struggling to score goals the last game in game 5 thought it was a good move put some skill with ceddy and maroon . Joseph I’m not sure they sent him back to the minors during the seasoni like the kid great speed but needs to play both ends of the rink with our cap crunch Joseph will make this nhl roster next season.
Thank you for info on Volkov - wasn't sure; With Joseph, to me, it's just that he was in the bubble for the entire time... and won't get his name engraved?? that just seems so wrong

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
They already did.

Stammer took less in 2016 to stay in Tampa.

2 days later, Heddy took less to stay with Stammer in Tampa.

a few weeks later, Kuch(ie - lolol - Kuchie Koo???) signed a bridge contract to keep space afloat

I think every one of them would do whatever they could to stay... why wouldn't they?

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015
They already did.

Stammer took less in 2016 to stay in Tampa.

2 days later, Heddy took less to stay with Stammer in Tampa.

a few weeks later, Kuch(ie - lolol - Kuchie Koo???) signed a bridge contract to keep space afloat

I think every one of them would do whatever they could to stay... why wouldn't they?

I was thinking maybe guys like TJ, killorn, or even stammer restructuring or making a pact with vinik to have a guarenteed role with the organization post career.

Idk im not to worried. We may lose a guy or 2. But JBB and this organization has proven time and time again they know how to pull the right strings.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I was thinking maybe guys like TJ, killorn, or even stammer restructuring or making a pact with vinik to have a guarenteed role with the organization post career.

Idk im not to worried. We may lose a guy or 2. But JBB and this organization has proven time and time again they know how to pull the right strings.
That would violate the CBA.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Was just watching the VOD of the game, and this was my favorite moment from the handshake line:

full

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Thank you for info on Volkov - wasn't sure; With Joseph, to me, it's just that he was in the bubble for the entire time... and won't get his name engraved?? that just seems so wrong

I don't think they brought in Volkov if they were looking for some goals, dude has never scored an NHL goal before. Joseph isn't a big goal scorer himself but he did pot 13 last season and had 4 this. I think they wanted the bigger body to play dump and chase over Verheaghe. As for his name not being on the Cup I can't see how it's not. The criteria is 41 games but that's in a normal 82 game season, the lightning played 70 and he played 37 which is more than half our games so he should get on without even needing the team requesting him on it.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I would think so. I don't know if exit interviews or whatever have to happen first? Probably hear something by the end of the week I would assume. Still celebrating right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad