GDT: 9/28/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas [SCF Game 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Just finished to watch the game...We were better team, we deserved to win!guys its been 3 years for me,much lesser than for many of you! I'm so glad we won! I had tears in my eyes. Its been great pleasure to be here with you,to cheer for the team. I will say to my kids,and I'm sure that not only me will say this...I saw bad loss from 3:2 lead of the series. I saw sweep from record making season. I saw 5OT win. I saw last goal call from Peckham. I saw OT series win twice. I saw my captain with injury went for the game played 2 minutes,made one shot and scored the goal. And then I saw my favourite team lifted the cup!! Im so happy right now!! Thank you ,Bolts. Thank you!!

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Keeping it close? They had 8 shots in 2 periods and were dead in the water had we not gone into turtle mode.

Cooper and crew came up with a strategy to deal with tight teams (such as Columbus), and it worked.

Sticking to the same game plan that was used against the Caps in 2 games (both were shutouts just like this game was) and expecting different results for a 3rd time for Bowness in 2 years. That is getting out coached in game 6 (not the entire series where that was out-talented). It was to the point where even the announcers questioned Bowness strategy throughout the entire game when it clearly wasn’t working.
I don't know what you were watching, but keeping it close on the scoreboard was the strategy, and it was the only strategy. They won a game with it and were in 2 others till the end. And you still haven't told us what Bowness should have done, what affirmative change should he have made that would not have resulted in more lobsided losses. They lost because they're not as good. Period.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Tampa Bay Lightning Fanatics Authentic 2020 Stanley Cup Champions Crystal Hockey Puck - Filled with Ice From the 2020 Stanley Cup Final

thumb.aspx
its-so-beautiful-crying-gif.gif

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I don't know what you were watching, but keeping it close on the scoreboard was the strategy, and it was the only strategy. They won a game with it and were in 2 others till the end. And you still haven't told us what Bowness should have done, what affirmative change should he have made that would not have resulted in more lobsided losses. They lost because they're not as good. Period.

You should go and read the short second paragraph of the quote where I said I’d use Cooper’s strategy that he used to combat Columbus.

I am not a top head coach in the entire world like Bowness is, but if fans and announcers alike can identify that dump and chase wasn’t working, why keep doing it? That’s what happened in game 6 and 7 of the Caps series (he was on our staff for those games), and the exact same situation played out for him and he kept with it regardless of current and prior poor results.

If keeping it close on the scoreboard was the only strategy, then that’s still a poor strategy because it means you’re not playing to win, but rather hang on. Lose by 2 or lose by 10, losing is still losing.

The five games prior in the series were vastly different for Dallas compared to game 6. Talent got us the cup, but that doesn’t mean coaching didn’t get us game 6.

Reactions: DaBolts

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
You should go and read the short second paragraph of the quote where I said I’d use Cooper’s strategy that he used to combat Columbus.

I am not a top head coach in the entire world like Bowness is, but if fans and announcers alike can identify that dump and chase wasn’t working, why keep doing it? That’s what happened in game 6 and 7 of the Caps series (he was on our staff for those games), and the exact same situation played out for him and he kept with it regardless of current and prior poor results.

If keeping it close on the scoreboard was the only strategy, then that’s still a poor strategy because it means you’re not playing to win, but rather hang on. Lose by 2 or lose by 10, losing is still losing.

The five games prior in the series were vastly different for Dallas compared to game 6. Talent got us the cup, but that doesn’t mean coaching didn’t get us game 6.
Still waiting for you to tell us what they should have done differently?

You've admitted that you don't know as much as Bowness (how magnanimous of you), so how in god's name do you feel you have any basis upon which to criticize? For the last time, the Stars are not as good as the Lightning and there was no coaching strategy that was going to change that so you keep it close and hope for breaks and luck. Bowness did that very well and any Lightning fan who would say they were comfortable at any moment before that final horn blew last night is a goddamn liar.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015

You've admitted that you don't know as much as Bowness (how magnanimous of you), so how in god's name do you feel you have any basis upon which to criticize? For the last time, the Stars are not as good as the Lightning and there was no coaching strategy that was going to change that so you keep it close and hope for breaks and luck. Bowness did that very well and any Lightning fan who would say they were comfortable at any moment before that final horn blew last night is a goddamn liar.
Lol just let it go, we won the cup for christ's sake. :help:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Please don't fight at this time of celebration. You both have valid points, but in the end....
tenor.gif

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016

I never once said the Stars were better than the Lightning and even stated that talent won us the Cup. Cooper deployed the strategy and the talent and practice of it allowed the team to execute it on a near perfect level.

What gives me the ability to criticize? Probably the same ability as the entire Lightning board had when they criticized Cooper for being out coached by Quenville in 2015, Trots in 2018 and Torts in 2019.

So why can’t Cooper get any credit when he gets it right and we win the Cup?

Reactions: DaBolts

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I never once said the Stars were better than the Lightning and even stated that talent won us the Cup. Cooper deployed the strategy and the talent and practice of it allowed the team to execute it on a near perfect level.

What gives me the ability to criticize? Probably the same ability as the entire Lightning board had when they criticized Cooper for being out coached by Quenville in 2015, Trots in 2018 and Torts in 2019.

So why can’t Cooper get any credit when he gets it right and we win the Cup?
No one is taking anything away from Cooper. He had the horses to get the job done and he did, but do you think Cooper could have coached Dallas to victory in this series? If so, you'll be the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad