GDT: 9/27/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay in Orlando [Preseason Game 6]

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's no way to leave this kid off the team. That's exactly the kind of goal we've been missing for years and years and years.

I think he could plug into the top-six. His game is so simple and effective.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hard to argue against it. Unless he turns back the clock someone else is going to play better

Joseph, Cernak, and Volkov have all made a pretty compelling case tonight that we're really gonna need that roster spot. Who'd've thunk it's not even really a money thing? Just a roster space thing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Martel's not fast enough to overcome his size issue, IMO. Average skater, kind of weak... I don't think he's made much of a case.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Coop put Joseph on the top line most of this period. I think that might be telling. If we're making a point of getting a look at him on the top line, we're trying to see how versatile he's going to be in the NHL.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
The real money and term isn't bad for Callahan it shouldn't be a impossible task to move him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I have been drinking Caesers since 4PM PST, as I watched this game, this is all I thought.

I know. I mean, sure, some of these kids are gonna have hiccups, but both Joseph and Volkov should be in the NHL. And even if they have bad stretches, their good nights are going to be a lot more frequent than Callahan's.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Joseph, Cernak, and Volkov have all made a pretty compelling case tonight that we're really gonna need that roster spot. Who'd've thunk it's not even really a money thing? Just a roster space thing.

You're not kidding. If you're familiar with the WAR metric Callahans probably near negative value at this point

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I know. I mean, sure, some of these kids are gonna have hiccups, but both Joseph and Volkov should be in the NHL. And even if they have bad stretches, their good nights are going to be a lot more frequent than Callahan's.
That goes to say that Cally stays healthy. With the amount of injuries piling up with him, you can't imagine its too much longer. I would love to keep Cally on in a trainer/coach aspect.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Martel's not fast enough to overcome his size issue, IMO. Average skater, kind of weak... I don't think he's made much of a case.
Yeah, you can even see him thinking about how he's taking his shot (which is pretty weak) before he shoots.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Man, I REALLY hope we keep some of these young guys up. They are what the team needs, youthful new energy. I think the locker room was getting kinda stale as far as "being excited to play" goes. Plus they seem pretty good. I feel like we could have a really deep lineup.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I have no idea who you send down if you don't make some trades. Making room for these kids probably improves the team now and in the future.

Reactions: Master P

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I have no idea who you send down if you don't make some trades. Making room for these kids probably improves the team now and in the future.

A good rock and hard place situation. Personally, if we keep 1 up, Joseph. Joseph can fit a roll from the fourth line to second line. Volkov is a waste being on anything less than the second line. Cernak in my opinion beat out Koekkoek, but we won't trade Koekkoek until TDL at latest. Cernak goes down with the assumption of that he takes over the #1 spot in Syracuse. Martel needs more time with our skating coaches and trainers. He showed flashes of good IQ and good placement, he just needs more time with our system.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Stephens and Martel are gone. Conacher's the one I'm not sure about, because we might need a guy to sit in the pressbox. At the same time, he might be more valuable contending for the AHL scoring title.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
I think Volkov could be used on the 2nd or 3rd line as those lines could use a shooter on those lines but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets sent down. Cernak looks like he has supplanted KK although I don't think KK has been bad, just Cernak has been better and is a righty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad