GDT: 9/27/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay in Orlando [Preseason Game 6]

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
It'd be hard for Cernak to jump in as a regular until the regular season starts. But I kind of agree with Rschmitz that we might go 11-7 on opening night, because Cernak's been too good, IMO, to keep out of the lineup, at least initially. But we've seen guys who've had great camps sent down before.
So then the 11 forwards would be Kucherov Point Stamkos Gourde Killorn Palat Miller Cirelli Joseph Erne and one of Volkov/Paquette?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So then the 11 forwards would be Kucherov Point Stamkos Gourde Killorn Palat Miller Cirelli Joseph Erne and one of Volkov/Paquette?

I obviously think Joseph has to make it. Volkov's on the bubble, I think, and I wouldn't be surprised if he spends the year jumping between the Crunch and the Lightning as needed.

I think it's tough to say what'll happen with Cernak. He's outplayed Koekkoek, I don't think there's much argument on that, but, of course, other factors are at play. I think he's been great in camp, but hasn't necessarily "forced" his way onto the team the way Joseph has. But I do think Cernak, as of right now, might be our 6th best defenseman, 7th or better for a certainty. Gotta love the physical tools. Big kid who can skate, and plays a smart game. All you really need.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
LOL, yeah, yeah... at least I didn't hit you with the Pat Jablonski, Rob DiMaio, or Rob Ramage references... LOL

It's cloudy but I vaguely remember being excited by Hamrlik and the first playoff series against the Flyers. Was at the inaugural game too but I'm pretty sure I was more interested in what was at the concession stand than the score lol. I hopped on board during the 97/98 season as a freshman in high school, just in time to appreciate the product on the ice once they became good. Some of the best memories of my life involved coming back against the Capitals in in the 02 playoffs :)

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
I had high hopes on Joseph making the team. I have watched him a lot the last few years. He is very hard on the puck and good in the corners and around the net. With Palat, Joseph, Gourde, and Point, these guys can possess the puck. My concern is our size. We almost have to go with Paquette, just to match the physical play. I guess Erne helps. But, that is my main concern. I guess that's an easier problem to fix than depth at D that has haunted us the last few years. Cernak has all of the qualities to be a very solid player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad