Post-Game Talk: 9/26 PS 7 - Red Wings 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
So, Acciari puts you to sleep? I must have missed all those bone-crushing memorable hits by Winnik over the last few years? :laugh:

I said we have plenty of hitting from small guys. We don’t have a lot of size in this lineup.

Accairi isn’t incapable of a worthwhile hit...but most are just noticeable on the stat sheet. Even though he likes the gym. Heh

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-9-26_20-42-3.png

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Stempniak should have passed that earlier to Frederic. There was a lane.

T-Freddy looks stronger on the puck than JFK.

Everyone knows Heinen is my boy, but there are reasons. If you are DVRing the game watch the little stuff he does. He is so smart and calm with the puck. He made two really nice plays in the NZ on that last shift. He was in traffic, got the puck, and made nice short, accurate passes to get the puck out of trouble, and it led to transition.

Give him and JDB time together and they will be good. DeBrusk is like a bull in a china chop and Heinen is so smooth and subtle. They will compliment each other nicely.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I haven’t seen Backes that hot in a long time and especially not in a preseason game.

I’m really hoping Marchy didn’t slam his stick and break it.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not only this, but Moore only makes $2.75m. He could easily be moved if there are too many LHD at some point. And I haven’t even brought up the impending SEA expansion draft. If Moore is an unnecessary commodity then, he can be exposed, allowing the B’s to protect a more valuable player.

Yup, I have never worried about that 5 year deal. I suspect he doesn't see year 3, and Boston gets a nice piece (pick) when they trade him

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I said we have plenty of hitting from small guys. We don’t have a lot of size in this lineup.

Accairi isn’t incapable of a worthwhile hit...but most are just noticeable on the stat sheet. Even though he likes the gym. Heh

Noticeable to other teams too. I remember during a behind the B episode where a buffalo player (Risto maybe) made a comment to one of the bruins on how solid of a hitter acciari was

Reactions: FanSince72

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Noticeable to other teams too. I remember during a behind the B episode where a buffalo player (Risto maybe) made a comment to one of the bruins on how solid of a hitter acciari was

Wagner brings that. We don’t need another guy that just hits.

Ehh, whatever...I think we all expect Acciari to make it. Just would be nice to address a need.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

He’s not “small”, he’s like 5’10” and weighs 215 pounds.

I can’t remember who said it, but one of the Hockey East coaches said Acciari was the hardest hitter in the conference. This is in addition to being voted Defensive Player of the Year in 2015.

Acciari Named Hockey East Defensive Forward Of The Year - Providence College

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad