GDT: 9/25/13 Pittsburgh @ Detroit 1930hrs

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Wait till you start looking at birthdays and you see you where in high school when they where born :(.

Thought we where gonna ice a almost full lineup as well tonight. Will be a interesting test. Hope the boys come hungry tonight. I worry that one of criesby or malking will run roughshed over our team tonight. Hope mrazek shuts the door and says no soup for you. Though between their two centers I would prefer malkin having a good game. Hope criesby gets stuffed tonight.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Teams have made most of their cuts, this is the big boy portion of pre-season where you can start to get a better feel. Big game for Mrazek to start to earn more confidence from his future teammates on the big club, since he always rises to the occasion I expect him to be quite good against the big guns on Pittsburgh.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Funny story, I just got back from Meijers. And on my way out of the parking lot I was behind a car with the license plate ZTRBERG. Pretty confident it was not him. I doubt Hank drives a ****** Toyota.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Funny story, I just got back from Meijers. And on my way out of the parking lot I was behind a car with the license plate ZTRBERG. Pretty confident it was not him. I doubt Hank drives a ****** Toyota.

Also important to know which part of town you were on for that, he lives in Bloomfield Hills, not a bunch of Meijers around those parts. They also report to the rink a little after lunch on most game days, you could have been looking at the car of his bombshell wife but I doubt it.

Most of the Swedes call him Zäta (means Z) if I remember right. So also would be surprised if he choose that for a novelty plate.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Also important to know which part of town you were on for that, he lives in Bloomfield Hills, not a bunch of Meijers around those parts. They also report to the rink a little after lunch on most game days, you could have been looking at the car of his bombshell wife but I doubt it.

Most of the Swedes call him Zäta (means Z) if I remember right. So also would be surprised if he choose that for a novelty plate.

It was the Meijers off Coolidge and 14. Like I said. It was definitely not him. Pretty sure Hank drives a fully loaded black luxury sports car. I was thinking it may be someone from HF boards. Maybe you.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It was the Meijers off Coolidge and 14. Like I said. It was definitely not him. Pretty sure Hank drives a fully loaded black luxury sports car. I was thinking it may be someone from HF boards. Maybe you.

:laugh: Well I live in Milwaukee these days so no dice.

Does bother me whenever I see all these guys driving non-Michigan cars I will say that. That 48 hours with Lidstrom with him going around in a BMW bugged me. Homer picked him up in a big Ford SUV. Guess that is from being from an auto-family and growing up in the area, but I do notice that on all our athletes and I am happy when they drive American autos. Thought it was really embarrassing for Toews to wreck a foreign import car when he and Kane are the face of the Chevy dealerships in Chicago, I would have chewed him out royally for that if I was the Chicagoland dealers.

Really liked that when they did Howard's driving to work interview he was driving a big GM made SUV.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
BVBMxdWCYAAq_sN.jpg
Odd how Babcock has Nyquist and Tatar playing the opposite of their usual wings. Nyquist has always played RW and Tatar LW... well before they ever played together. Curious.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
:laugh: Well I live in Milwaukee these days so no dice.

Does bother me whenever I see all these guys driving non-Michigan cars I will say that. That 48 hours with Lidstrom with him going around in a BMW bugged me. Homer picked him up in a big Ford SUV. Guess that is from being from an auto-family and growing up in the area, but I do notice that on all our athletes and I am happy when they drive American autos. Thought it was really embarrassing for Toews to wreck a foreign import car when he and Kane are the face of the Chevy dealerships in Chicago, I would have chewed him out royally for that if I was the Chicagoland dealers.

Really liked that when they did Howard's driving to work interview he was driving a big GM made SUV.

Doesn't bother me. They've worked hard to earn their money. Free to choose whatever auto they want. I would say it's nice to see them driving those domestic cars since it shows they may be somewhat responsible with their money. Toyota, Acura, Honda are just as US made as the others.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Anyone else already tired of Ozzie? Better than Murphy. Any suggestions of former players that would be good at this? Chelios would be great.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Doesn't bother me. They've worked hard to earn their money. Free to choose whatever auto they want. I would say it's nice to see them driving those domestic cars since it shows they may be somewhat responsible with their money. Toyota, Acura, Honda are just as US made as the others.

False and my brain almost imploded into my neck reading that statement, I could go on for days about how wrong that is. Just because they drop the engine block and weld the doors on here doesn't mean they did much here or employ many people. Nissan does a decent amount of assembly and raw material production, but what you listed are not built here by in large and that is believing the lie they are telling you and want you to believe.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Anyone got a stream with Mickey and Ken calling the game?

Found one nvm

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Anyone else already tired of Ozzie? Better than Murphy. Any suggestions of former players that would be good at this? Chelios would be great.

Right up until he swore on air. :laugh:

Think Draper might be, I personally really enjoyed the last game with Ozzie, I think he is going to be very good once he gets some seasoning.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
False and my brain almost imploded into my neck reading that statement, I could go on for days about how wrong that is. Just because they drop the engine block and weld the doors on here doesn't mean they did much here or employ many people. Nissan does a decent amount of assembly and raw material production, but what you listed are not built here by in large and that is believing the lie they are telling you and want you to believe.

This is super off-topic, and I suggest we drop it promptly in the GDT, but in case anybody is interested TZE is referencing lists like this, which show actual percentage of how much a car is American.

Note that the top "American made" car, Toyota Camry, is only the #9 for percentage of American parts. Keep in mind I'm not making a judgement on good or bad, merely passing on this information.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/american-cars/story?id=13801165

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad