3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This is unfortunately very true. It makes me sad when I make it back for games. Rangers’ games always feel so...subdued.
Honestly, there probably is more excitement amongst Rangers fans, when I attend here in Pantherville. True Rangers fans with semi affordable prices, that truly are into the atmosphere and the enjoyment of a hockey game, win or lose.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I, a Ranger fan, even find myself doing the “so do you!” response to the tools who do the Potvin Sucks chant.

Not because of Potvin. Just because the vast majority of those who persist on doing the chant these days do suck.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
To me, the whole interior architecture of the Garden has been modernized but turned into this kind of cold and sterile atmosphere. It seems the lighting is darker too post-renovations compared to more intimate atmosphere pre-renovations.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I, a Ranger fan, even find myself doing the “so do you!” response to the tools who do the Potvin Sucks chant.

Not because of Potvin. Just because the vast majority of those who persist on doing the chant these days do suck.

Sorry, because I've actually done it at my daughter's school (K-12 private) football games. I had a couple Ranger fan transplants dying of laughter. One of the cheerleaders (daughter of a Ranger fan about my age) couldn't stop laughing. The band played the opening bars to it. Couldn't resist. I bust it out maybe once a year.

I've told the story on here about how the chant still bothers that jerk, and because of it, it should never die.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Sorry, because I've actually done it at my daughter's school (K-12 private) football games. I had a couple Ranger fan transplants dying of laughter. One of the cheerleaders (daughter of a Ranger fan about my age) couldn't stop laughing. The band played the opening bars to it. Couldn't resist. I bust it out maybe once a year.

I've told the story on here about how the chant still bothers that jerk, and because of it, it should never die.

Again...there are excpetions, but the vast majority of those doing it now are memes who are “doing it for the memes”.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Two things you will never hear at the Garden ever again:

December 20, 1985 - Rangers vs Islanders. Game ended in a tie. Potvin set some record for assists during the game. Some guy starts screaming/singing at the top of his lungs to the tune of Camptown Races:

Potvin takes it up the ***, doo dah, doo dah!
Sutter takes it twice as fast

Absolute classic, still remember it 30+ years later like it was yesterday.

Sunday night in January 1990, Flyers went up 3-1 on the Rangers with about 10 minutes to go in the third period. Some girl who had every South Philly stereotype in a Flyers jersey #8 with Rachel on the back gets up and starts flipping off every Ranger fan in Section 340.

Rangers make it 3-2. We start giving it back. "Get off your knees, Rachel" was probably the most tame.

Rangers tie the game. It didn't stop.

Leetch won the game in OT. I don't know how that girl got out of there alive.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
If that's the case, then get rid of the chants (Isn't high time we let go of that stupid chant about Potvin? We need to. Ulfie and Anders are long gone. and not good for the couple of kids that attend, it's embarrassing, which in turn
Enable the PA system to lower the music......which
Allows the fans to actually watch the game and interact with one another.
Also......confiscate cell phones. Lol.

Boy, do I remember sitting regularly up in the blues. Half the fun was interacting with other fans.

Sat in the red seats about a week later, and I felt I was in the twilight zone, watching and attempting to get a chant going.......literally alone, while others were looking at me as if I had lost my mind. Sad.

Red Seats Suck!!!

December 20, 1985 - Rangers vs Islanders. Game ended in a tie. Potvin set some record for assists during the game. Some guy starts screaming/singing at the top of his lungs to the tune of Camptown Races:

Sunday night in January 1990, Flyers went up 3-1 on the Rangers with about 10 minutes to go in the third period. Some girl who had every South Philly stereotype in a Flyers jersey #8 with Rachel on the back gets up and starts flipping off every Ranger fan in Section 340.

Rangers make it 3-2. We start giving it back. "Get off your knees, Rachel" was probably the most tame.

Rangers tie the game. It didn't stop.

Leetch won the game in OT. I don't know how that girl got out of there alive.

I watched the 12/20/85 with a couple of friends & remember hearing the chants through the TV. As 14 year olds we thought it was the funniest thing we'd ever heard to that point in our lives.

To Potvin's credit, that was the night he set the all time points record by a defenseman passing Bobby Orr. (none of us were happy for him)

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Back in those days, I used to see a lot of familiar faces at MSG & Shea. I wonder if that was the same clown (I mean that admirably) who starting singing "Houston takes it up the ... Doo Dah, Doo Dah" after the Mets clinched the division at home in '86. Coincidentally, I was with the same friends that night, and we probably laughed harder. :laugh:

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Late 80's I got the company seats so I was down in the reds. Middle of the game the blues start with the "red seats suck" chant. This guy in a god awful ugly sweater stands up and starts waving his hand up at the blues. From one leather lunged blue seater - "Nice ****ing sweater". Broke up the place and ugly sweater guy melted into his seat.

Winston2018

Winston The Maltipoo
Feb 5, 2018
NNJ
Ill tell you the panthers look like crap. Lots of decent talent and no nothing. Need a new coach..AV is living down there should happen soon.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I gotta agree. Barkov is really good as are ekblad and yandle. Dadanov I like too

Otherwise who else is that talented? Lot of underachieving players on that team. Far from impressed

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I gotta agree. Barkov is really good as are ekblad and yandle. Dadanov I like too

Otherwise who else is that talented? Lot of underachieving players on that team. Far from impressed

It's early in the year. The season we went to the SCF, we started 2-6-2. The season we went to the ECF with Tortorella, we started 3-3-3.

Talk to me at the end of November.

Reactions: NCRanger

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
If that's the case, then get rid of the chants (Isn't high time we let go of that stupid chant about Potvin? We need to. Ulfie and Anders are long gone. and not good for the couple of kids that attend, it's embarrassing, which in turn
Enable the PA system to lower the music......which
Allows the fans to actually watch the game and interact with one another.
Also......confiscate cell phones. Lol.

Boy, do I remember sitting regularly up in the blues. Half the fun was interacting with other fans.

Sat in the red seats about a week later, and I felt I was in the twilight zone, watching and attempting to get a chant going.......literally alone, while others were looking at me as if I had lost my mind. Sad.

How exactly do you get rid of chants? Snipers?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

I remember it as Potvin takes it up the ***, doo dah, doo dah!
So does Trottier.

The problems began at a Sunday game on CBS when the crowd started chanting "CBS sucx"

One time, I thought MSG fans went too far, chanting "Buy a Porsche, Potvin, buy a Porsche" right after the Flyers goaltender had died driving a Porsche.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Is it just me or does it seem like Zuc is kind of butting heads with the coach over shooting more, the second day of him basically saying hes not changing his game to be a shooter.

And he won't change his game. But he does shoot if he thinks it's the best option, just look at his stats. Bit of luck this time, first goal was deflected by one of their d, the second was a rocket but also poor goaltending.

He actually says the first one was supposed to be a pass..

Last edited:

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Imagine if Zibanejad was consistent...

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It's early in the year. The season we went to the SCF, we started 2-6-2. The season we went to the ECF with Tortorella, we started 3-3-3.

Talk to me at the end of November.

Better rosters with better Hank.

But yeah we’ll have a much clearer picture of where this team stands by thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad