Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Saw the clip of the Smith fight.

What was he so angry about post fight?
I assumed it was because the other guy kinda quick-shotted him there before Smith could even get the gloves off, and then probably exacerbated by the refs jumping in when Smith finally got on top and in position (which in the refs' defense was appropriate). Just a cheap shot and then he couldn't really respond.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Zibanejad died after the game and they didn't announce yet.

It's because he netted his first two of the season, tells a lot of good things about this locker room...

He also fixed our top line. Kreider was not that active, but Zib & Zucc is a duo for real.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
At the game the PA (not the ref) announced the misconduct was for "continuing the altercation". Can't remember seeing that before. Smith seemed to disagree and rightfully so IMO.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
At the game the PA (not the ref) announced the misconduct was for "continuing the altercation". Can't remember seeing that before. Smith seemed to disagree and rightfully so IMO.
They said on TV it was because they told him to let go and stop punching, but he didn't. Between that and the yelling/finger-pointing at the linesman, I assumed it was coming.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
well that was a f***ing awesome experience

probably the best seats I’ll ever have and we played pretty damn well too. missed most of the first but i honestly thought we crushed them for the majority of periods 2 and 3

zbad and zucc were ballin tonight. easily players of the game, don’t see any close seconds.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Think Filip is FAR from lost on wing, but he probably is more comfy at center. Hope he isn't "another" pass 1st guy. We have WAAAAY TOOOOO MANY of those. We need 3 more Mika's. Need more SELFISH EGOTISTICAL STATISTICAL HAPPY PLAYERS.

Chytil has always been more of a balanced maybe leaning playmaker guy but especially as a rookie I feel like he's trying to be unselfish and maybe make too many passes.

That line generated some of the Rangers more sustained cycle pressure and chances even if they didn't get rewarded for it. I'm kind of torn on whether you let Chytil keep working through his game and when to send him down if he doesn't start producing, just seems a littttle off. Could be a thing where it clicks and suddenly everything is going for him, or he could continue to just bobble pucks at the wrong time, take a half second too long to make a decision, etc.

Kinda weird game, seemed real out of sync in the first, then obviously got things going in the second, kinda slacked in the third when Florida made their push...

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
well that was a ****ing awesome experience

probably the best seats I’ll ever have and we played pretty damn well too. missed most of the first but i honestly thought we crushed them for the majority of periods 2 and 3

zbad and zucc were ballin tonight. easily players of the game, don’t see any close seconds.
You picked a good period to miss/good time to show up, the first was a snooze

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Actually went to a political debate tonight (my first ever!) and so missed the game, but pleased with the result, obv.

The whole goal is to compete in every game, and as a result, they'll win their fair share – but wind up with a sub-.500 record... and then sell off at the deadline, accumulate assets, and hope for the best in the lottery. (Great year for it – even if you don't get Hughes, there are a ton of true first line "consolation prizes".) IT'S NOT TO "TANK". Nor should it be.

Walter t

Mar 12, 2018
well that was a ****ing awesome experience

You can't really be "ballin" in this sport. I believe the term is that they were "puckin great".

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Chytil has always been more of a balanced maybe leaning playmaker guy but especially as a rookie I feel like he's trying to be unselfish and maybe make too many passes.

That line generated some of the Rangers more sustained cycle pressure and chances even if they didn't get rewarded for it. I'm kind of torn on whether you let Chytil keep working through his game and when to send him down if he doesn't start producing, just seems a littttle off. Could be a thing where it clicks and suddenly everything is going for him, or he could continue to just bobble pucks at the wrong time, take a half second too long to make a decision, etc.

Kinda weird game, seemed real out of sync in the first, then obviously got things going in the second, kinda slacked in the third when Florida made their push...
I was thinking about this during the game. The NHL pace seems a bit too fast and heavy for him in general. He has the talent to make a few really nice plays every game though, so, I don’t know if they ride it out or send him down.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Was at the game- really enjoyable game to watch! Overall, good effort against a very weak Florida team with terrible goaltending!

Glad I got to see a win in person this year!

Pionk really racking up the points! He makes many good plays with the puck. He seems like he’s distanced himself from DeAngelo!
Lots of empty seats?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I was thinking about this during the game. The NHL pace seems a bit too fast and heavy for him in general. He has the talent to make a few really nice plays every game though, so, I don’t know if they ride it out or send him down.

He definitely has the agility, but man does he need some serious conditioning [ex. the Gary Roberts school] to play in his natural skillset in the NHL.

If they send him down, it shouldn't be to "just learn the game". He gets the game in an instinctive sense, but he does not have the current fitness for the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad