Post-Game Talk: #9 - 10/23/18 | panthers @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Was at the game- really enjoyable game to watch! Overall, good effort against a very weak Florida team with terrible goaltending!

Glad I got to see a win in person this year!

Pionk really racking up the points! He makes many good plays with the puck. He seems like he’s distanced himself from DeAngelo!

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Good game. Nice to see Zucc get a couple. Zib needs to find that game consistently. Not the points every night, of course, but the shots, the hustle and creating chances.

Hayes had a really good game, overall, but when you're point blank, shoot the goddamned puck man!

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That Zibanejad curl down from the top of the circle shot with Kreider is like a cheat code when they execute it right.

Great game from Zibanejad. Liked what I saw from Pionk, he’s just a smart player. Chytil is playing well I just get the feeling that once he can pot one the floodgates are gonna open.

Solid game from Georgiev, great bounce back from his last performance.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Very ugly game, team could barely string consecutive passes together. Maybe the ice was just awful. But that was as bad as the Calgary game was good. Hayes line was nice though and Zib was great.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A very good win after a really slow start. Zibanejad took the game over. That shorthanded goal of his breathed life into the building and the team. Zucc with 2 big goals as well. Chytil played very well and I thought Namestnikov was really good too.

I hate to tell some people because I know they like to hate on him but Pionk's been really good since coming back from those 2 scratched games. 6 assists in 3 games and plays in all situations. If you want to keep arguing for ADA start targeting Shatty instead.

Georgiev with a really nice game too.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Kudos to 42 for getting involved in that scrap after having a horrid 1st period. It changed the temperature.

Thought 13 really struggled (again). He's caught in between, Fast's generous gift at the end should take the monkey off his back, maybe?

If anyone has suggestions on killing two birds with one stone, I'd be happy to jettison Vesey and his older brother Spooner on the same flight.

Nice game from 90, solid work at the end to block that shot and clear the zone.

Happy for Zucc tonight, but fear there won't be many more like that for him.

This was a really nice result, need to build on it with Henrik in Chicago, and Sunday brunch in LA.

Let's go on a run.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Zibanejad is by far the best player on this team. Whole lot of garbage otherwise.

I’d put Howden back to 4C and move Chytil back to center. He’s lost on the wing.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A great team win and many who had a good game tonight including our young talents. Florida missed the playoffs last year with only 1 pts. - so it was overall a very strong team performance by the Rangers. It will be interesting to watch next game to see if our lines can follow it up with another strong performance. And Hayes goal was important for him - he looked frustrated on some occasions throughout the game.

I can`t remember when Zib had 4 pts. and I don`t expect him to be that productive, but hopefully Mika boosted his own confidence and shot accuracy - he has a very strong shot. Alright time to get some rest and a new Rangers game in less than 48 hours, 8.30 PM ET 25th Oct. :)
Night, nite. ))

Last edited:

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Rangers have scored 10 goals in Georgiev’s 2 starts and only 13 goals in Hank’s 7 starts.

Quinn needs to sneak Henrik on the ice in a Georgiev jersey to trick them.
We secretly replaced Henrik's usual jersey with ours. Let's see what happens...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
How is Georgiev not a near-unanimous star? He wasn't exactly required to put together a highlight reel of saves, but 36 stops for the W is 36 stops.

Also, 3-5-1 really isn't that bad. I mean we could get slaughtered on this trip, but I don't think we will. I think the team is gonna be in most games this year.

Reactions: Siddi and Kovalev27

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Zibanejad is by far the best player on this team. Whole lot of garbage otherwise.

I’d put Howden back to 4C and move Chytil back to center. He’s lost on the wing.
Think Filip is FAR from lost on wing, but he probably is more comfy at center. Hope he isn't "another" pass 1st guy. We have WAAAAY TOOOOO MANY of those. We need 3 more Mika's. Need more SELFISH EGOTISTICAL STATISTICAL HAPPY PLAYERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad