GDT: #9 - 02/05/2013 | New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Miller and Kreider looked incredible on the powerplay, I loved watching that, I hope they get another chance because they are close to netting at least one!

bickel has had 42 seconds of ice time, while Gilroy has about 6 minutes I think I saw...wow, I guess bickel is benched already haha

Miller looked pissed, he wants to win, I love the attitude!!!! GO GET IT!!!

wr50l

Nov 5, 2011
Power play is horrendous, momentum killer yet again. How the people in charge on and off the ice are not held accountable is by the far the biggest failure of this organization. We are now rolling out the bottom six players as if that's a solution. It's abject coaching void of ideas and this overlying structure which bans creativity and risk taking in general is killing us.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Some people need to stop excuses. they werent luckky goals. We all know Hank cant save the over the shoulder shots that his weakness. The second goal was a nash brainfart but hank has to be aware. By the way Kreider and miller look great together

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
What the **** do they do in practice? Imagine how horrible this team would be without practice. Could have taken a 2-1 lead if the Flowerplay didn't suck big donkey dick. Instead, they're down 2-0. Seriously. Why can't they come to play every night??

That's the point. We don't practice. Other teams show signs of knowing each others playing styles. We don't.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Another stellar performance by Lundqvist...

The guy cannot come up with a timely save when it matters anymore.

Misread the play behind the net on the first goal, and on the second goal you can't fault him, but you need to make him a big save.

This is one of the worst starts to a season he has had in his career. They need better goaltending out of him to start to climb the standings.

You really going to blame Hank for those 2 goals? Devils scored of a horrible Hagelin turnover and Nash losing the puck in his skates.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
lol. If Hagelin or Gaborik turned it over, there would be a 30 pg thread bashing them. But it's Nash, so he'll escape criticism for his incompetent play.

Agenda is still going strong, he didn't turn it over in the slot it was blindly tossed at him, in his feet and he failed to clear. Which is something he needs to be able to do... But, since you dislike him and want JM back and to trade for Vanek you blow it outta proportion.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I would give Miller a look with top six wingers, because he looks okay with the puck on his stick and has some poise. Can't be any worse than we've been.There's still plenty of hockey to play and we didn't look so bad when we weren't on the PP.

The PP is absolutely the most damning and frustrating thing about this team. It literally needs to be torn down, dragged out, burned, buried and rebuilt from the bottom up.

As for MDZ... I constantly can't stand him. I called him brainless earlier in the season and took heat because he was 'playing like our best d-man'. I honestly think MDZ is a disaster waiting to happen in most games and it's just a matter of whether it will or not. He has all the skill in the world and literal bricks between his ears.

Maaxse

Aug 23, 2011
Montreal
8 mins of bad power play just sucks the confidence out of you.
and then being down 2-0 is the worst.

It's up to Torts now.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
And beyond Lundqvist, who needs to be better for us to climb in the standings, our PP needs a complete overhaul. And if that means moving our coveted PP coach, than so be it.

Even if Lundqvist was as inconsistent as he was this season, IF our PP was even AVERAGE, we'd have at least another W in the standings. Fact is that our PP has crippled our come back ability and impacts the momentum in our games EVERY time. Time to go back to the drawing board.

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
It's Sullivan's fault that Stepan couldn't shoot into an empty net. Also his fault that Saal couldnt finish.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'm telling you people, this isn't a player problem. This is a coaching issue.

It's both unfortunately. They don't have natural instinct on what to do. You can only 'coach' it so much.

You can only practice so much, it comes down to the players knowing naturally what to do based on what the other team is doing to them.

The coaching is an issue, and I would fire Sullivan for it because it hasn't gotten ANY better in forever.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
You know, I actually thought the Miller-Stepan-Kreider-Staal-Pyatt PP looked better than the one with Nash, Richards and Gaborik.

Without a doubt. Not been around long enough to learn the dump and chase PP strategy that reigns with the established PP guys. They actually played a possession game looking for that nice chance. Resembled what 29 other teams are allowed to do. Staal shoulda potted one. This PP strategy is a catastrophe. Seems like the strategy is... nothing. Simply nothing at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad