GDT: #9 - 02/05/2013 | New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Outworked and deserve to be down 2. They are being outworked by the Devils PKers. They are angling the puck in their own zone like it is a grenade.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
i really wonder sometimes if this team even practices, nobody can shoot the ****ing puck, nobody can handle passes or skate in traffic, i mean this teams focal point of the offense is dump it in, play the boards and somehow thats going to turn into a goal, i cant remember the last time i saw a guy playing the boards kick a puck out to the front of the net, or score with his back to the next and 3 sticks between his legs. ***** getting pathetic, sather goes out and gets powe and makes lineup changes looking for more offense and whatever how about hiring somebody to coach the ****ing powerplay its literally this teams biggest downfall, with the talent we have on the first like and puck movers in del zotto and mcdonagh on the backend this team should be able to score on the powerplay like a video game, teams with far less talent score far more often on the powerplay because they have coaches that know what the **** their teaching.

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
It seems like all we do on the pp is dump and chase. Obviously that doesn't work! Also, it looks like a group of strangers playing together no matter who's on the ice. Pathetic.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
Another stellar performance by Lundqvist...

The guy cannot come up with a timely save when it matters anymore.

Misread the play behind the net on the first goal, and on the second goal you can't fault him, but you need to make him a big save.

This is one of the worst starts to a season he has had in his career. They need better goaltending out of him to start to climb the standings.

Yep.

Championship*

Someone should tell the Rangers that lose one - win one - lose one isn't a great way to make the playoffs. 2-0 lead should be all the devils need, Rangers just aren't good enough. Game over.

Dalagaze

Goalie Killer
Apr 6, 2012
NY
If they could get a quick one to start the 2nd, I'd be happy. Just to shut those ****ers up....

Vidic15*

Power play is horrendous, momentum killer yet again. How the people in charge on and off the ice are not held accountable is by the far the biggest failure of this organization. We are now rolling out the bottom six players as if that's a solution. It's abject coaching void of ideas and this overlying structure which bans creativity and risk taking in general is killing us.

It's carrying over to even strength. You can see their body language. Also, for some reason they are dumping the puck in when there is a short pass to be made to a forward that can carry the puck in. This is all coaching. These players are playing in a very rigid system and they are scared ****less.

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Miller and Kreider looked incredible on the powerplay, I loved watching that, I hope they get another chance because they are close to netting at least one!

bickel has had 42 seconds of ice time, while Gilroy has about 6 minutes I think I saw...wow, I guess bickel is benched already haha

Miller looked pissed, he wants to win, I love the attitude!!!! GO GET IT!!!

Incredible is a word you used to describe Miller? He missed a shot, fell on his head and looks tentative to say the least. He got better as it went along, but his skating wasn't impressive and he looks like it is his first game. Kreider at least is skating well.

When will this clown Torts hire a PP coach, how many games have been lost and years have gone by without this problem being addressed. Amazing Torts, Sather gets you any and every toy possible and you still can't hire a coach to fix the teams biggest flaw.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
As frustrating as the power play is, the goals they gave up were worse. A careless giveaway by Del Zotto in front of a bunch of stiff white shirts, and Nash turning circles in front of the net with nobody around him trying to find a puck.

The PP was bad last year - it's a problem, but the difference between this team and last year's team are the goals that they just let in.

HAPPY HOUR

Apr 29, 2005
New York
As soon as the puck bounced off of Steps stick early in the first powerplay I said to my dog.. Its gonna be one of those nights buddy.

Then Nash knocking the net off as the puck slides in?

On a side note. JT looks like a keeper. He outplayed Richards, and Step in his first NHL period.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
It seems like all we do on the pp is dump and chase. Obviously that doesn't work! Also, it looks like a group of strangers playing together no matter who's on the ice. Pathetic.

They don't make plays. If they don't dump and chase, they just enter the zone and make a quick pass to the wing and they're caught. They don't create anything.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Let me see if I'm doing it right....

Lundqvist sucks. OMG OVER THE SHOULDER AGAIN...man, can't make the big save anymore. Maybe Rangers can trade for a goaltender, I hear Vancouver has a spare one.

Rangers were simply unlucky on the powerplay though. I mean, one legit scoring chance in eight minutes and it didn't go in! What are the odds on that man.

GFiP*

At the game on line for the bathroom, more embarrassing flower play. The devils shorthanded have a much higher chance of scoring.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Why is it players are always great in their first few Ranger games, then become bad

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I would give Miller a look with top six wingers, because he looks okay with the puck on his stick and has some poise. Can't be any worse than we've been.There's still plenty of hockey to play and we didn't look so bad when we weren't on the PP.

The PP is absolutely the most damning and frustrating thing about this team. It literally needs to be torn down, dragged out, burned, buried and rebuilt from the bottom up.

As for MDZ... I constantly can't stand him. I called him brainless earlier in the season and took heat because he was 'playing like our best d-man'. I honestly think MDZ is a disaster waiting to happen in most games and it's just a matter of whether it will or not. He has all the skill in the world and literal bricks between his ears.

Yes, you deserved to get criticized because you were wrong. One bad period ALL SEASON for MDZ and he's a disaster waiting to happen? Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad