GDT: #9 - 02/05/2013 | New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

danman1202

Nov 19, 2006
Long Island
your team is going to have problems when MDZ is looking lost, you have Anton Stralman as a top paired D-man and you trot out a d pairing of stu bickel and matt gilroy...that line you'd be better off holding onto the time on the clock that it took the other team to score, automatically give them a goal, and hope you score in the time you saved

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Some people need to stop excuses. they werent luckky goals. We all know Hank cant save the over the shoulder shots that his weakness. The second goal was a nash brainfart but hank has to be aware. By the way Kreider and miller look great together

It wasn't last year. He had virtually no weaknesses last season. The lack of a training camp, getting married, having a kid, all have him poised to have his worst season ever.

He improved his game up high by leaps and bounds last season. 1st goal wasn't because it beat him up high, it's because he wasn't in position, didn't read the play correctly behind the net, and was beat because of it.

Second goal was a tough break. BUT, it'd be nice to see him stop that. We need more out of him.

As much as our PP needs to improve, so too does Lundqvist.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Incredible is a word you used to describe Miller? He missed a shot, fell on his head and looks tentative to say the least. He got better as it went along, but his skating wasn't impressive and he looks like it is his first game. Kreider at least is skating well.

When will this clown Torts hire a PP coach, how many games have been lost and years have gone by without this problem being addressed. Amazing Torts, Sather gets you any and every toy possible and you still can't hire a coach to fix the teams biggest flaw.

Their passing looked really good out there, they had some great puck movement.

I think once the nash pp line gets a goal or two they will loosen up, but they need to get that first one!

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Yes, you deserved to get criticized because you were wrong. One bad period ALL SEASON for MDZ and he's a disaster waiting to happen? Come on.

Okay.

My personal opinion is that DZ has very poor defensive awareness and is prone to terrible tunovers. One bad period all season is a severe exaggeration, considering how mediocre this team has been. I have felt this way about DZ his entire career and it is unlikely to ever change. I think he is an extremely unintelligent player with a very strong skill set and good offensive instincts.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Incredible is a word you used to describe Miller? He missed a shot, fell on his head and looks tentative to say the least. He got better as it went along, but his skating wasn't impressive and he looks like it is his first game. Kreider at least is skating well.

When will this clown Torts hire a PP coach, how many games have been lost and years have gone by without this problem being addressed. Amazing Torts, Sather gets you any and every toy possible and you still can't hire a coach to fix the teams biggest flaw.

Miller was probably one of our best forwards that period....

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
It wasn't last year. He had virtually no weaknesses last season. The lack of a training camp, getting married, having a kid, all have him poised to have his worst season ever.

He improved his game up high by leaps and bounds last season. 1st goal wasn't because it beat him up high, it's because he wasn't in position, didn't read the play correctly behind the net, and was beat because of it.

Second goal was a tough break. BUT, it'd be nice to see him stop that. We need more out of him.

As much as our PP needs to improve, so too does Lundqvist.

I don't give a hoot. He makes millions to play hockey regardless of his "personal" bs.

Kershaw

I heard Glen ran a mean PP in his days.

Does anyone think he can fill in the role as a vacant head coach like LouLams did a few years ago?

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Most of you probably already know this but my friend from Sweden told me there was an article in the Swedish newspaper all about Henke during the lockout and how he was borderline clinically depressed and had a lot of issues mentally because of the lockout. He really wanted to play again. I would personally think this would make him eager and a better player once the season starts but some might think that depression carried over and a few bad games killed his confidence a bit. I'm sure he'll get better but it's just something to ponder.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Their passing looked really good out there, they had some great puck movement.

I think once the nash pp line gets a goal or two they will loosen up, but they need to get that first one!
Some of our fans hate to give credit to rookies like kreids and miller even though they actually look good tongith. How about favorites like stepan hagelin richards show up for a change

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Right now yes. Yes Hank is better but its obvious the lockout screwed him up. Biron looks more ready than hank right now

I don't know if it's just that, bc last game, I thought they played a lot tighter defensively. I have a feeling they've got a kind of "He'll pull us out anyway" mentality with Hank in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad