can also play RW

Reactions: rocketdan9

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Getting to Know: Brett Harrison

A player well-known for his strong presence in front of the net, Harrison is an aggressive forechecker with a strong shot and an ability to find open ice and finish plays near the top of the opposing team's crease.
"I'm a player that can play in all areas of the ice and all positions," said Harrison. "I'm a centerman, but I can also play both sides of the wing as well. I have a very high hockey IQ and a really great scoring touch. I find the soft areas in front of the net and in the slot. I love going to the dirty areas and producing on my chances in front."

"A lot of feedback that I've been getting is just working on my skating and I've been doing that a lot this summer," said Harrison. "I've been on the ice with my power skating coach two or three times a week, so we've been working on just getting lower in my stance and being more explosive from a standstill position, getting quicker, a quick three steps to win puck races."

Reactions: Memokerobi

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Just turned 18 June 7th as well. 6’2 185 and freshly 18. Wouldn’t be surprised if he grew at least another inch or two.

Reactions: sarge88

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Reminds me of the dude i wanted a few years ago gadjovich. Big productive forward who cant skate. Just plop him in front on the power play and get him in on a 3rd line low cycle and he can excel. Doesnt matter how much concrete is in his skates

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
When did you last watch him play?

You will be shocked to know ive Never seen a shift of his. But his scouting report, draft ranking and production remind me of gadjovich when he was draft eligible. And Im likely correct in making that comp

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
You will be shocked to know ive Never seen a shift of his. But his scouting report, draft ranking and production remind me of gadjovich when he was draft eligible. And Im likely correct in making that comp

I swear we are all getting trolled by this account. What the hell is going on.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Not shocked. Not at all. What shocks me is "the rest of the story".

“But his bread and butter is in front of the net. He is strong on his skates and a tough out in front of the blue paint.”

“Gadjovich will battle for pucks in all the dirty areas”

“Skating was and still is a concern for Harrison”

“Gadjovich is an average skater”

“Harrison has a shoot-first mentality”

“Gadjovich plays with a shoot first mentality,”

“Harrison doesn’t shy away from the physical game. He gets in on the forecheck and is willing to battle,”

“Gadjovich will battle for pucks in all the dirty areas, will take the hit to make a play and will throw a hit to separate his opponent from the puck. “

6-2, 185 left shot

6-2 201 left shot

You dont think they are comparable? Because you tell a different story to me in your write ups..

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
“But his bread and butter is in front of the net. He is strong on his skates and a tough out in front of the blue paint.”

“Gadjovich will battle for pucks in all the dirty areas”

“Skating was and still is a concern for Harrison”

“Gadjovich is an average skater”

“Harrison has a shoot-first mentality”

“Gadjovich plays with a shoot first mentality,”

“Harrison doesn’t shy away from the physical game. He gets in on the forecheck and is willing to battle,”

“Gadjovich will battle for pucks in all the dirty areas, will take the hit to make a play and will throw a hit to separate his opponent from the puck. “

6-2, 185 left shot

6-2 201 left shot

You dont think they are comparable? Because you tell a different story to me in your write ups..

You really think that's all there is to it?

One is a winger, the other is a pivot who can play all three forward positions and being more versatile.

One just does the bare minimum to work on his game, the other is a student of the game and knows what he has to do to become a better player AND puts in 100% effort to improving.

One player's report was written when he played a full season in his draft year, the other was from TWO years ago who missed almost his entire draft year.

If you want to (and think its right) to compare players by written scouting reports, be my guest. I don't know what to tell you. Watch the player's and do an honest evaluation then we can have an adult conversation.

I will say this without naming names: One independent scouting agency raves about Harrison's skating. Every other one raises questions about his skating.

Again, without watching them yourself, how do you know which one is correct?

Anyway, I'm done. Before I say something that will get me in trouble. You keep being the smartest one in the room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad