Prospect Info: 85th Overall - Brett Harrison

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The Covid pandemic means that this has been a tough season for many prospects. However, for those who normally play in the OHL, things have been particularly difficult as their season never quite started. Oshawa Generals centre Brett Harrison is one such prospect. With the OHL season never starting, he headed to Finland to play in the KooVee Tampere system. He played one game for the big club in the Mestis, Finland’s second division. This gave Harrison experience playing against men. Harrison also played seven games for their Under-20 club. He scored four goals and five assists for nine points. Harrison also played for Team Canada at the IIHF Under-20 World Championships. He helped the team to a gold medal, scoring two goals in the seven-game tournament.

2021 NHL Draft #40: Brett Harrison Scouting Report

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
https://thehockeywriters.com/https-...ett-harrison-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

“Harrison knows how to use his size to his advantage. When the puck is dumped in, he is great at getting in on the forecheck and uses his size to win puck battles in the corners. He does not shy down from physicality and loves to hit opponents when given the chance to do so. One of the spots where he makes his presence felt the most is right in front of the net. Standing at 6-foot-1, he is great at finding space in front and has superb hand-eye coordination that he uses to deflect pucks into the back of the net.” Mathieu Sheridan, The Hockey Writers

“Brett’s offensive contributions rely on his superb ability to find open space around the net. He uses his size to battle for position in front of the net, and he consistently puts himself in favorable positions to gain an advantage on defenders. He is always hovering around the slot, looking to find a hole to give him that split second he needs to receive a pass and find the back of the net.” Jordan Malette, Smaht Scouting

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Screenshot 2021-07-24 2.11.15 PM.png

Reactions: bbfan419

Turk

Sep 13, 2006
Ontario
The Covid pandemic means that this has been a tough season for many prospects. However, for those who normally play in the OHL, things have been particularly difficult as their season never quite started. Oshawa Generals centre Brett Harrison is one such prospect. With the OHL season never starting, he headed to Finland to play in the KooVee Tampere system. He played one game for the big club in the Mestis, Finland’s second division. This gave Harrison experience playing against men. Harrison also played seven games for their Under-20 club. He scored four goals and five assists for nine points. Harrison also played for Team Canada at the IIHF Under-20 World Championships. He helped the team to a gold medal, scoring two goals in the seven-game tournament.

2021 NHL Draft #40: Brett Harrison Scouting Report
Too funny......my Son played minor hockey with him. Here's hoping he's as good now as he was then!

Too funny.......my Son played minor hockey with him.

Here's hoping he's as good now as he was then!

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Good value. He was one of those guys (along with Zach Dean) that screamed Bruins that I thought we might take/reach for at 21…guessing his skating held him back a bit. Everything I read about this kid made him sound like a future winger more than center…strong net front presence, tips, quick release,

Reactions: Flannelman

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
@Alicat before you book your trip, let me know the dates. I have to take you to Oshawa
I was just about to ask you if we can go see him play.

At this point it will be late October/early to mid November. Passports are taking up to 18 weeks to process and I went with standard processing

Reactions: DominicT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad