Prospect Info: 85th Overall - Brett Harrison

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The Covid pandemic means that this has been a tough season for many prospects. However, for those who normally play in the OHL, things have been particularly difficult as their season never quite started. Oshawa Generals centre Brett Harrison is one such prospect. With the OHL season never starting, he headed to Finland to play in the KooVee Tampere system. He played one game for the big club in the Mestis, Finland’s second division. This gave Harrison experience playing against men. Harrison also played seven games for their Under-20 club. He scored four goals and five assists for nine points. Harrison also played for Team Canada at the IIHF Under-20 World Championships. He helped the team to a gold medal, scoring two goals in the seven-game tournament.

2021 NHL Draft #40: Brett Harrison Scouting Report

I puked a little when I saw this comparison

Comparison
Jimmy Hayes, Right Wing, retired (Chicago, Florida, Boston, New Jersey)

Reactions: BMC

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
The more highlights I see the more I like this pick. He is willing to go to the net and has a sneaky good shot.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Very smart to pick out of the OHL. A lot of potential first and second round talent is likely dropping for lack of games played. This kid seems to have the tools and history of a high pick. Look forward to seeing his development.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I puked a little when I saw this comparison

Comparison
Jimmy Hayes, Right Wing, retired (Chicago, Florida, Boston, New Jersey)

Yeah, I’m just going to ignore that comp.

From what I read, he doesn’t sound like Jimmy anyways. Yeah, he scores around the net…which Hayes did once or twice…other than that.

This kid gets in on the forecheck and works…that’s the direct opposite of Hayes.

Reactions: Alicat

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Really good pick thought he could go late first

If it wasn't for covid season cancellation...who knows. Harrison is still very young. It was good to see he was part of that U18 Canada gold winning team

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If it wasn't for covid season cancellation...who knows. Harrison is still very young. It was good to see he was part of that U18 Canada gold winning team
Yup

listened to podcasts and read a bunch of stuff and he was a guy speculated if he plays full season in Ottawa OHL he could have skyrocketed up prospect list

Reactions: rocketdan9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad