OT: 85th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pelle Lindbergh Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
On my drive to work I discovered I have magic mirror jimmies that show if someone's in my blind spot! I thought I only got blind spot indicators on my dash display. God knows I need as many as I can get. It's the little triangle in the upper left corner.

View attachment 461406
I love all those fancy little new features new cars have. My Subaru is older than Striiker and all I’ve got is a fisheye mirror (which works great, it’s just not very high tech)

@Starat327 you’ll appreciate the background

0EB5A39F-F2EB-4CA5-A295-EB4E8AE012A5.jpeg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I love all those fancy little new features new cars have. My Subaru is older than Striiker and all I’ve got is a fisheye mirror (which works great, it’s just not very high tech)

@Starat327 you’ll appreciate the background

View attachment 461429

Possibly the greatest reference to new technology in the history of cinema. (for you young'uns these mirrors were pretty new when the movie came out)
PjcQ9.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I mean at this point, all you can do is laugh, no?
That and feel like you’re going to vomit.

Especially after customer service via phone told me since it was outside of the return window they couldn’t authorize a return.

Customer service via live chat said the same thing but told me to go to a local store with a case ID they gave me and they’d take care of me.

I went to the store and they were very helpful and I will now be getting a new tv delivered next week.

Oh, and the two smaller TV’s? They’re the frame TV’s that sit essentially flush on the wall to look like a painting... the brush plate they put behind it to run the wire is thicker than the wall mount allows.

Fun times.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Boris Johnson came out this morning and said that the UK, US etc had achieved all their primary goals in Afghanistan...

there had been no terror attacks in last 20 years from Afghan soil and that it was never about nation building.

Also said to judge the Taliban on their actions going forward.

Afghan core mission has been a success, says Boris Johnson

He is a grade A prick and surprised he said all that. But it seems the closest to the truth any world leader has dared say.

Parliament are killing him on both sides right now.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Boris Johnson came out this morning and said that the UK, US etc had achieved all their primary goals in Afghanistan...

there had been no terror attacks in last 20 years from Afghan soil and that it was never about nation building.

Also said to judge the Taliban on their actions going forward.

Afghan core mission has been a success, says Boris Johnson

He is a grade A prick and surprised he said all that. But it seems the closest to the truth any world leader has dared say.

Parliament are killing him on both sides right now.
Once a terrorist organization, always a terrorist organization. I don’t care how good of a PR team you have. Especially when they are going around currently rounding up known interpreters and such.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Once a terrorist organization, always a terrorist organization. I don’t care how good of a PR team you have. Especially when they are going around currently rounding up known interpreters and such.
Problem is that even if some factions are more "reasonable" they are still a motley crew of ideologues that have little to no clue at governance and centralized government at that. You'll have your cities and enclaves with hardliners in charge of their fiefdoms and they will be arbitrary with their implementation and enforcement of sharia law. They won their revolution now comes the real hard part of evolution in governance. They are so medieval in their mentality it will take a massive reformer to legitimize their rule. Doubt they have an Ataturk among their ranks ..

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Same, but I couldn't wait to watch the next episode lol.

Acting was fantastic imo
It really was well acted. Just cringe throughout.

It was recommended to me and my wife on Sunday and we had some time to kill on Monday so we just popped it on and rolled through it. Good timing with the finale being the day before.

I saw it's getting a second season with new people although I didn't get a chance to actually fact check that.

I suspect @Beef Invictus may have been watching it based off of his Daddario/de Armas question a week or so back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany