OT: 85th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pelle Lindbergh Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
First stop is ordered. It's going to be an expensive weekend.

Screenshot_20210819-094224_Chrome.jpg

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
It's not great, but I'll take this over maneuvering to the GW any day of the week.

When I used to travel to New England frequently, I preferred to brave the Parkway and take the Tappen Zee over taking the GWB and the Cross Bronx.

Reactions: Starat327

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
COVID has ruined my ability to commute and deal with traffic in general

My office actually moved during the pandemic, although thankfully out of downtown Montreal and quite a bit closer to my home. However, there is no simple public transit solution so I am back to driving after 20 years of commuter train. With the current lighter traffic, it's only a 30-minute drive, so I have nothing to complain about, except about the brain-dead motor vehicle operators around me.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I never had the patience for traffic. I cant wrap my head around the concept. I know if you push more shit into a certain area, it gets crowded. But like... just drive at like 45 mph and we can all keep moving AND be safe.

That isn't how it works at all. When you see a line of vehicles proceeding to your exit, you floor it two lanes beyond, pass as many people as possible, slam on your brakes while veering across the two lanes, and then barge your way in. As long as you put your turn signal on, the people who patiently remained in the appropriate lane are obliged to let you in. /s

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That isn't how it works at all. When you see a line of vehicles proceeding to your exit, you floor it two lanes beyond, pass as many people as possible, slam on your brakes while veering across the two lanes, and then barge your way in. As long as you put your turn signal on, the people who patiently remained in the appropriate lane are obliged to let you in. /s

I'm a fairly defensive driver, but thus is the one thing that I won't tolerate. I'll literally run my car into you if you try creeping over into my lane after I waited in a line.

You don't go and walk in front of everyone standing in line at the store, so why the hell do you think it's acceptable here, to?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That Peanut Butter and Coconut Quad and the Vanilla Bean sound really intriguing....

Very jelly of your trip, minus driving on 95 through CT. That drive blows

There's more too, obviously.. that's just all that would fit on the screen. 3 cases all in from TH. Probably looking at another 2 from trillium, and then we'll see what I feel like doing at Beer'd on the way back

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
When I used to travel to New England frequently, I preferred to brave the Parkway and take the Tappen Zee over taking the GWB and the Cross Bronx.

When I lived in DC and had to drive up to Maine to visit my parents I would leave in the evening so I would get to NYC at like 2 am. You can just breeze through Manhattan and over the GWB.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I was the same way during lil Swami's 4 years at UCONN, and that was during the new bridge constructuon. Trip could range from 3h45 min, to 6 hours, all depending on CT traffic.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I was the same way during lil Swami's 4 years at UCONN, and that was during the new bridge constructuon. Trip could range from 3h45 min, to 6 hours, all depending on CT traffic.

Yeah. No matter which route, you could NOT hit CT between around 3 and 7.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille