OT: 83rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Balls to the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Remember me saying an AmazonBasics surge protector started my friend's house on fire while we were in it?

Federal safety regulators investigating AmazonBasics products highlighted in CNN report - CNN
I like the voice activated microwave. How I react when hearing certain voices

Among the products are surge protectors, phone charging cords, a patio heater, battery charger and a voice-activated microwave that consumers reported had caught fire.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I make 3 important phone calls to get all the dates re-arranged all day today... and now they said that they won't have their stuff moved out until this Friday... ARE YOU f***ING KIDDING ME!?

Similar thing happened to me. They didn't have their stuff out until noon on closing day. This issue was that we had to do a final walk-through prior to the closing which was scheduled for 9 AM. So then you have a moving company in an out of the hosue for 3 hours after final walk-through. Had to accept the risk that they could damage something in that time frame and we would be stuck dealing with it.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Similar thing happened to me. They didn't have their stuff out until noon on closing day. This issue was that we had to do a final walk-through prior to the closing which was scheduled for 9 AM. So then you have a moving company in an out of the hosue for 3 hours after final walk-through. Had to accept the risk that they could damage something in that time frame and we would be stuck dealing with it.
This is when you get out of your car filming the entire walk up to the house, and doing a full walk through.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad