GDT: 8/26/20 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Boston [ECSF Game 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Why is the prevailing narrative that the Lightning are the underdogs here? I dont get that at all.

We should be favored and we should win. We have the better team top to bottom and the best player on the ice in Hedman.

I dont get this "the Lightning CAN STILL win this series" nonsense...

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Why is the prevailing narrative that the Lightning are the underdogs here? I dont get that at all.

We should be favored and we should win. We have the better team top to bottom and the best player on the ice in Hedman.

Bruins were Eastern Conference champs last year.

Last year doesn't mean a thing, but it's the media and their narratives.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

Is there any real narrative here? These were the two best regular season teams this season. Everything about this series has screamed "50/50" to me. Neither team winning should be considered an upset. The other three series have a clear favorite and underdog, but this one doesn't. It can't.

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
Agreed, the Bergeron line is one of the best, of not the best line in hockey. They are damn hard to play against for any line out there.

If we can keep them to 0,5 goals per game in 5vs5 we should be most pleased.

Then why all the hate in here on your team..wow, i thought Leaf fans are the most vicious..LOL. I get it, in the heat of the games and series it's easy to get frustrated with your team, but i would luv to have any of those 3 wearing the Maple Leaf, especially a future selke caliber youngster to help on the defensive side of the puck which we truly need, to bad we in cap hell

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Bruins having last change could be a huge advantage for the next two games. The Bergeron line was already dominating, but now Cassidy can be more selective in terms of what line he wants to neutralize.

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
Couple of things.

swap lines 2 and 3 for defensive assignments

keep them away from the crease. All 3 Bruins goals last night were from about 6 inches.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Is there any real narrative here? These were the two best regular season teams this season. Everything about this series has screamed "50/50" to me. Neither team winning should be considered an upset. The other three series have a clear favorite and underdog, but this one doesn't. It can't.
Yes. How many times have you heard "the Lightning can still win this" as if it would be an upset if they did.

You dont hear "the Bruins can still win this" at all.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
Bruins having last change could be a huge advantage for the next two games. The Bergeron line was already dominating, but now Cassidy can be more selective in terms of what line he wants to neutralize.
Except that Cooper, with the choice, kept putting the Cirelli line out there. I'm not sure that Cassidy will choose any differently.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Yes. How many times have you heard "the Lightning can still win this" as if it would be an upset if they did.

You dont hear "the Bruins can still win this" at all.
Most of this is probably just because they won the first game. It would be weird to say the Bruins can still win this when they have a series lead.

They were also number 1 in the conference this season and won the conference last playoffs. I'm in no way offended by anyone calling them the favorites, whether I think they are or not.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Meh it's never been a problem because he just puts the Point line out in any situation that calls for the Bergeron line. We'll be fine in that regard

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Except that Cooper, with the choice, kept putting the Cirelli line out there. I'm not sure that Cassidy will choose any differently.

Right, but you have to remember how good that Bergeron line is defensively. Cassidy will probably want him out against Point/Kucherov. I'm guessing Cooper put Cirelli against that line to keep the Point line away from them.

With that being said, Bergeron/Krejci/Coyle are all effective two-way centers. Boston is probably fine with whoever is out there.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah, for an unclutch team we are really good in OT. Makes you wonder why we can't play like that more...

Well we normally do try that. We've just had to deal with our last 3 series going back 2 years against the world champions of clutch and grab clog the living f*** out of everything style. All that effort just runs into a Chinese Finger trap and then guys like Stamkos and Kucherov predictably self destruct under frustration alone.

People gotta realize man Barry Trotz alone is 6 and 1 in series (7 and 1 if you count the Panthers) since 2018 and Torts has had to play us twice. It's not just Tampa struggling to succeed under these conditions. The Leafs were neutered by Torts and it was a miracle they even survived 4 games against the CBJ. And remember what happened to the VGK in the SCF. Remember what's happened to PIT.... Twice facing Trotz. And if Philly loses today they are in D E E P shit

It's not JUST Jon Cooper failing against that style these days. But his resume of getting us to adapt against it isn't great

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad