eZDqcZg.png

1dGj9LF.png

9CV0vIY.png

PXu893l.png

yBf83em.png

2fzftXt.png

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
If you don't read Bolt Prospects | Your Online Source for Tampa Bay Lightning Prospect News, you should. This is from their summary last night:

"The ugly? I don't know what is possessing Jon Cooper to put the Killorn/Cirelli/Johnson line out against the Bergeron line at even strength but they're getting murdered. It was usually a five man unit with Sergachev's pair also seeing a lot of time against that line and he didn't cloak himself in glory in that matchup either. Boston has last change the next two games so the Lightning will have a harder time dictating the matchup, but man I didn't like their selection of matchup when the coaching staff did have their choice. The Bergeron line left goals on the table tonight against that group and they were lucky to only take the single minus.

Boston's best chance in this series was to go for a quick knockout, and they booted their first shot at that tonight. Tomorrow's game will be critical, and the longer this series goes the better Tampa Bay's chances because of their depth. Boston's defense is already starting to look like they're withering a bit under Tampa Bay's forechecking pressure and it's only Game Two. Chara, for instance, looked every bit the 70-something year old man he is against the Lightning's speed and tenacity. The Lightning just have to keep doing what they can to nullify Boston's strengths and taking Boston's D out into deep water where, eventually, they will drown them. Stay out of the box. Scramble your D-zone faceoffs against the Bergeron line. And for the love of God, stop putting out that line against the Bergeron line. Put a line out that actually manages the puck like they aren't simultaneously drunk and stupid."

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I hope McElhinney is up to this tonight. This is where having an experienced back up should pay off.

aessi

Jan 1, 2015
I don't know what is possessing Jon Cooper to put the Killorn/Cirelli/Johnson line out against the Bergeron line at even strength

First game they were good at limiting their chances, this game the perfection line had 0.2 xGF, 0 HDCF and Cirelli line had 0.4 xGA. The problem is that they are not able to create any offense but if they can keep this up I would be happy. The last Bruins goal, I think they would have scored that goal eventually against anyone on this planet. Yes Johnson made mistake but still that goal was coming.

Reactions: Peacefool

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Lot of good things to take from yesterday's game. The work ethic, the forecheck, lot of players stepping forward. With McD out, it was a good move to play with 7 d, if he is still out we should do the same tonight.

Just hope we can continue put pressure on their defense and continue play them hard!

Reactions: StaySalty

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Lot of good things to take from yesterday's game. The work ethic, the forecheck, lot of players stepping forward. With McD out, it was a good move to play with 7 d, if he is still out we should do the same tonight.

Just hope we can continue put pressure on their defense and continue play them hard!

Would go with 7D even if he's in

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
- Start Vasy
- Go 7 D again even if McD is ready to roll
- Try your very darndest to not have Serg on the ice when the Bergeron line is. (We don't have last change so the Cirelli line will be out there when the are tonight, unfortunately)

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
First game they were good at limiting their chances, this game the perfection line had 0.2 xGF, 0 HDCF and Cirelli line had 0.4 xGA. The problem is that they are not able to create any offense but if they can keep this up I would be happy. The last Bruins goal, I think they would have scored that goal eventually against anyone on this planet. Yes Johnson made mistake but still that goal was coming.

Curious to know how much better do you want a line to perform against one of the best lines in hockey, arguably in the past decade? Tampas second line allowed them to score 1 goal in 2 games, i'd say that is pretty good work. And overall that line has scored 2 ES goals 5v5 in 2 games so the team overall is performing well, stay out of the box and i think Tampa can win this series. They will get their chances, the bergeron line just know how to create havoc.

Reactions: aessi and Maelmoor

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Curious to know how much better do you want a line to perform against one of the best lines in hockey, arguably in the past decade? Tampas second line allowed them to score 1 goal in 2 games, i'd say that is pretty good work. And overall that line has scored 2 ES goals 5v5 in 2 games so the team overall is performing well, stay out of the box and i think Tampa can win this series. They will get their chances, the bergeron line just know how to create havoc.

Agreed, the Bergeron line is one of the best, of not the best line in hockey. They are damn hard to play against for any line out there.

If we can keep them to 0,5 goals per game in 5vs5 we should be most pleased.

Reactions: aessi

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
"undecided"

Unless Halak is hurt, he's going to play.

I've seen Dan Vladar play (in the ECHL) when he was 19 & 20. He was good, but he wasn't a world beater.
We at excel at making guys like that look unbeatable though. Hopefully Cassidy doesn't realize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->