Post-Game Talk: (7PM-Sat) "I have had it with these mother****ing Yandles on this mother****ing team!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Welp, Bob in net vs the Bolts so you know we must score a minimum of 4 to have a shot
I thought Judge got a free pass from the fans here on his last game. For the most part, I don't think it was that great of a game.

Meanwhile, if Bob was starting, I feel like he would have been crucified if he had that game.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
Also I’m guessing our lines will be;
Goose-Barky-Marh
HBD
Vatrano-Wennberg-Hornqvist
Acciari-Wallmark-Tipppett

Maybe Q is thinking Huby-Bennett-Duke as a line, longer term down the stretch. But until Swaggy is back, Id move Huby up to L 1 with Barky and Goose...

I'd slide Vatrano and Acciari each up one line. and put Marchy back on L 4 LW, where I believe he really should be. I love what he brings, but in my mind he doesn't command the minutes on the top line.

Needless to say these are two very important points tonight...they played really well the other night and deserved a better fate. They need to bring it tonight, and hopefully finish this road trip on a high note; feeling very good about themselves.

Playoff hockey is on...

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Maybe Q is thinking Huby-Bennett-Duke as a line, longer term down the stretch. But until Swaggy is back, Id move Huby up to L 1 with Barky and Goose...

I'd slide Vatrano and Acciari each up one line. and put Marchy back on L 4 LW, where I believe he really should be. I love what he brings, but in my mind he doesn't command the minutes on the top line.

Needless to say these are two very important points tonight...they played really well the other night and deserved a better fate. They need to bring it tonight, and hopefully finish this road trip on a high note; feeling very good about themselves.

Playoff hockey is on...
Disagree: we are likely third in the division and these two games aren’t that important. I’d like to see Huby get chemistry with Duclair and Bennett which could affect playoff outcomes a lot more

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Fun stat of night: Barkov is 13th for goals in league despite missing six games and Verhaege is still 15th

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I thought Judge got a free pass from the fans here on his last game. For the most part, I don't think it was that great of a game.

Meanwhile, if Bob was starting, I feel like he would have been crucified if he had that game.

If you're getting paid 850k instead of 10 million that tends to happen. I mean if Lomberg was posting better numbers than Barkov and had an off game we'd give him a pass too.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If you're getting paid 850k instead of 10 million that tends to happen. I mean if Lomberg was posting better numbers than Barkov and had an off game we'd give him a pass too.

Performance is performance. I get the money aspect of it. But that would be looking at it from a seasonal scope, not game to game.

Facts are, Driedger was not his usual form and had a bad game. If you are out there, you are expected to perform.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Performance is performance. I get the money aspect of it. But that would be looking at it from a seasonal scope, not game to game.

Facts are, Driedger was not his usual form and had a bad game. If you are out there, you are expected to perform.

No it's also game to game aspect. You could have a 9 million dollar #1D out there along with Driedger if it wasn't for Bob's albatross deal. That would make a huge daily difference in this team's performance.

And I don't know how you can expect sub million dollar back-ups to perform the same way as the number #1 guy. Guys who get paid also have greater expectations.

I realize salary is everything for some fans with Bob.

Cap management is equally important as having good players. You can't separate the two.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
No it's also game to game aspect. You could have a 9 million dollar #1D out there along with Driedger if it wasn't for Bob's albatross deal. That would make a huge daily difference in this team's performance.

And I don't know how you can expect sub million dollar back-ups to perform the same way as the number #1 guy. Guys who get paid also have greater expectations.

Cap management is equally important as having good players. You can't separate the two.
The trade deadline is over. The salary cap no longer matters this season. We need to figure out which goalie will help us win playoff games. Comparing vs salary expectations won’t help us there.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
Disagree: we are likely third in the division and these two games aren’t that important. I’d like to see Huby get chemistry with Duclair and Bennett which could affect playoff outcomes a lot more

I see your point, gaining of chemistry among all the new players, and within the possible combinations and pairings is, of course, important.

Especially this year, I guess having "home ice" advantage may not be as much of a factor as it might normally, but I still believe there is a possibility for the Cats to get a higher playoff seeding than #3 going in.

By playing well, and in doing so getting as many points as possible in this closing stretch, can generate valuable momentum and confidence entering Round 1; whomever the opponent.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Also potential friend for Knight? Similar age kid, North American
I know my cousin is having a tough time with Philadelphia's AHL club. They're all grown men, he is 19. The Saginaw Spirit team has a group chat and they are all having a tough time this year, really missing hockey as they should be competing for the OHL Championship this year.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Performance is performance lol.

Sounds like even when he is good he can never be 10 million good, to some posters anyways.

To even come close to the contract given by Dale he has to win a cup here or multiple vezinas. That contract was an albatross from the get go. Should he have asked for less? I dont get this position.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Connor Mcdavid would be a bad deal at 20 million
He is a bad deal at 13.5 lol

Why give these wild examples? Really doesnt prove anything. If you are playing we need the best effort, period. If Barkov has a bad game his salary being very cheap never comes up, why? Its not relevant.

I want to hear the excuses for Judge if he starts in the playoffs and loses games. At least hes cheap! As if that will be a silver lining somehow.

We need to win games period.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Performance is performance lol.

Sounds like even when he is good he can never be 10 million good, to some posters anyways.

To even come close to the contract given by Dale he has to win a cup here or multiple vezinas. That contract was an albatross from the get go. Should he have asked for less? I dont get this position.
I really wonder what a 10 million dollar goalie should look like to some people?
Like what do some posters expect, I'm generally curious :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad