Post-Game Talk: (7PM-Sat) "I have had it with these mother****ing Yandles on this mother****ing team!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Definitely most competent. But not a competent meaning to fit in the way OT needs -> rather a playmaker than another sniper
Can you imagine if Q paired him with Barky? To me that seems like the perfect fit.
Q doesn't want to just hand it over to him though it seems. It's almost like he's trying to teach him you have to earn it, not just be given to you. Might be better for his career in the long run.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
So looking at Capfriendly we will have to expose Horny, Cookie, Gudas, and Nutivara. The rest I don’t care about. Thanks dick Yandle.

We should protect and have to protect 3 in the following, Hubie Barkov, Shaggy and Frankie, shit for brains, Ekblad, Forsling and Weegar.

oh no, I forgot about Marchment, oh well.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Can you imagine if Q paired him with Barky? To me that seems like the perfect fit.
Q doesn't want to just hand it over to him though it seems. It's almost like he's trying to teach him you have to earn it, not just be given to you. Might be better for his career in the long run.
Completely agree.

OT is probably already one of our hardest working backcheckers on the wing. How many times has this kid hustled back to break up plays recently? He is a great skater, he is engaged, you see he got the message - but it is also obvious that he still has to learn more.

Nothing should be giftwrapped for him. I believe he has shown enough and again, March gets first-line minutes with Barky and he has not necessarily shown more or would be more deserving.

I am sure we will see this experiment at some point - it would almost be a shame if they would not try it at all, especially with Verhaege gone for the moment.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So looking at Capfriendly we will have to expose Horny, Cookie, Gudas, and Nutivara. The rest I don’t care about. Thanks dick Yandle.

We should protect and have to protect 3 in the following, Hubie Barkov, Shaggy and Frankie, shit for brains, Ekblad, Forsling and Weegar.

oh no, I forgot about Marchment, oh well.

No we'd have to expose Bennett as well. I think we go 7-3-1. Zito just paid 2 2nds for Bennett. Plus we can't really afford to lose Horny either.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Completely agree.
OT is probably already one of our hardest working backcheckers on the wing. How many times has this kid hustled back to break up plays recently? He is a great skater, he is engaged, you see he got the message - but it is also obvious that he still has to learn more.
Nothing should be giftwrapped for him. I believe he has shown enough and again, March gets first-line minutes with Barky and he has not necessarily shown more or would be more deserving.
I am sure we will see this experiment at some point - it would almost be a shame if they would not try it at all, especially with Verhaege gone for the moment.
OT isn't playing particularly well and you are asking Q to giftwrap him a spot with Barky because he is a former top pick. It's not a bad idea, it's just weird to pretend he deserves it for his on ice play. It could work really well.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Capfriendly for some reason doesn’t list him as exposable.

Players MUST be under contract.

So rfa's and ufa's are exempt.

Provided you can expose enough players, you don't have to sign your pending free agents

I can see us going 4 - 4 - 1

Huby, Barky, Vatrano, Verhaeghe

Ekblad - Weegar - Nuutivara - Gudas

If yandle doesn't waive then I see Gudas getting exposed.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Rfa's are not exempt. Forsling for example is not exempt.

No.

See the tool..he expires 2021. He isn't green. He doesn't meet exposure requirements

Minimum Exposure Requirements

Teams must expose a minimum number of players that meet the following criteria for selection in the upcoming Expansion Draft:
Position#Criteria
Forwards2
  • under contract in 2021-22, AND
  • played in 27 or more NHL games last season, OR
  • played in 54 or more NHL games in the last two seasons
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Clear as day

Under contract in 2021-22. RFA are not under contract they can hold out till December

Under

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
No.

See the tool..he expires 2021. He isn't green. He doesn't meet exposure requirements

Minimum Exposure Requirements

Teams must expose a minimum number of players that meet the following criteria for selection in the upcoming Expansion Draft:
Position#Criteria
Forwards2
  • under contract in 2021-22, AND
  • played in 27 or more NHL games last season, OR
  • played in 54 or more NHL games in the last two seasons
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Clear as day

Under contract in 2021-22. RFA are not under contract they can hold out till December

Under
Minimum requirements are about what must be exposed by team but doesn’t mean they are exempt. Forsling is eligible to be picked,. Forsling just doesn’t satisfy for the minimum exposure requirements

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I agree, I'm behind Q on this one. Despite what people want to think, the Panthers have a fairly deep group of forwards, so he shouldn't be handed anything. Q is trying to instill the proper work ethic in him.

I don't agree. Tippet is better defensively than Gusev. Better offensively than Marchment.

Sure, Tippet should "earn" it, but Yandle is allowed to take dumps on the ice for the past month?

He needs to play with someone who can get him the puck. That isn't any of the guys he plays with.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't agree. Tippet is better defensively than Gusev. Better offensively than Marchment.

Sure, Tippet should "earn" it, but Yandle is allowed to take dumps on the ice for the past month?

He needs to play with someone who can get him the puck. That isn't any of the guys he plays with.

March fills a role that Tippett can't, you have a point about Gusev, but Gusev HAS to play with Barky or he's a waste. They are trying to spread out the scoring. Tippett got a couple chances in the top 6, he didn't really produce. Maybe he's earned a couple more looks yeah, but he hasnt been so good that it's a must. He's still gotta improve in certain areas, although he has been getting better in the last week. If Tippett is only useful when he's being set up on a platter, that's a shortcoming in his game. Q is trying to get him to be more well-rounded.

Yandle is his own story, as we all know.

Reactions: RogerRoger

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
OT isn't playing particularly well and you are asking Q to giftwrap him a spot with Barky because he is a former top pick. It's not a bad idea, it's just weird to pretend he deserves it for his on ice play. It could work really well.
Again, nodody is giftwrapping this for OT. What better moment to just give him a look? When Verhaege gets back, March most likely will also be off the 1st line, so him and OT will be back in the bottom-6 in any case.

We are talking about getting him some minutes there, him getting a look to play with real talent and us maybe getting a real look at his potential - our rookie with by far the highest offensive potential.

What could be wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad