GDT: #79: Rangers at FLYERS, Mar. 31, 2019, 12:30 p.m. ET

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
How do you remove the beet stink?

I think only one man knows the answer to that...

WnatiHzT_400x400.jpeg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Greg Gumble, the face of CBS - turrible.
Mike Tirico, the face of NBC - turrible.
Scott Van Pelt, the face of ESPN - turrible.

Get it together, 'Murica. I didn't come back to be subjected to this ****.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
To be honest, if you were him, would you even want to coach the Flyers?

As of right now I’d say probably yes.

It depends on what other options are available. A team like Winnipeg might pull the plug on Maurice if they underwhelm. Or Nashville.

If an option like that doesn’t come along, I think his best option would be Philadelphia.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
May be the wrong thread for it, but just something that I’ve been thinking about. We are not multiple years into this “retool” - while trying to stay competitive, or whatever the organization wanted to call it.

There is no question the team has been able to stock up on talent during this time in purgatory, and rightfully so.

I just can’t stop being slightly disappointed however. I’d have hoped that out of years of first round exists or missing the dance all together, there would be a superstar added to this mix somewhere. Talent has been infused, but I feel they truly lack/need that higher tier player, and that’s no slight against a guy like Konecny, Lindblom or Sanheim, etc.

I don’t believe in a team of just above average players being able to perch themselves in that upper echelon of clubs consistently. I love the potential on this club and the youth that goes hand in hand with it.

It’s still just Claude Giroux though. They need someone else in that tier.

Last edited:

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
i think a guy like Q, will like the challenge of being the guy to bring the cup here... instead of a position were any fool could be the coach..

i bet he would relish the chance to fix this org. many many problems on ice..

If a team like St Louis came calling, I do think he would consider that. They will hopefully be stupid enough to stick with Berube.

Edmonton has its issues, but McDavid is a draw.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
May be the wrong thread for it, but just something than I’ve been thinking about. We are not multiple years into this “retool” - while trying to stay competitive, or whatever the organization wanted to call it.

There is no question the team has been able to stock up on talent during this time in purgatory, and rightfully so.

I just can’t stop being slightly disappointed however. I’d have hoped that out of years of first round exists or missing the dance all together, there would be a superstar added to this mix somewhere. Talent has been infused, but I feel they truly lack/need that higher tier player, and that’s no slight against a guy like Konecny, Lindblom or Sanheim, etc.

That's something that doesn't bother me personally, because the Alpha and the Omega of everything for me is and was the 1987 Flyers (and the Miracle on Ice team, which was similar in its way) - we didn't really have a "superstar" - we had top-tier guys, but we were deep at both F and D, great in goal, and we just rolled lines over people, and nearly beat an all-time dynasty playing that way. I think we can replicate that pretty closely with the group we have coming, but we have to have some sensible management, and God knows we need to have some kind of adequate coaching.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
That's something that doesn't bother me personally, because the Alpha and the Omega of everything for me is and was the 1987 Flyers (and the Miracle on Ice team, which was similar in its way) - we didn't really have a "superstar" - we had top-tier guys, but we were deep at both F and D, great in goal, and we just rolled lines over people, and nearly beat an all-time dynasty playing that way. I think we can replicate that pretty closely with the group we have coming, but we have to have some sensible management, and God knows we need to have some kind of adequate coaching.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I do think if you go that route, you need to have a d-core that is top 5 in the league, and damn good goaltending.

Flyers may very well have that. I think a lot depends on where Provorov settles in, or if one of these guys overtake him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In all seriousness, assuming we dont pick top 5 after the lottery, our pick will probably be in play. Most of the roster will be in play too if it means improving the team. Fletch has already said Giroux and Hart are the only Untouchables.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Why win now, when we can wait another 7 years? Think about it.

View attachment 207203

I hope we can be just like Calgary! Trading a #12 pick (Dobson) and 2 2nds for Travis Hamonic.

Or St. Louis! Brayden Schenn for 2 1sts (Farabee and Frost).

Or Arizona! Derek Stepan for the 7th overall.

We need to win now and make win now moves by trading an expansion protected high 1st. Just like those teams! Trouba and his 8x8 contract calls out to us like a siren at sea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad