OT: 78th Obsequious Banter Thread: Parlez-vous Français?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I watched the first episode with the English dubs and they were so distracting I quit on the show. I need to give it a go in German.

Of course that'll still be distracting. I just know I'll wind up getting excited I when I catch one word every three sentences and feel proud of myself for remembering that 'käse' means cheese.
Am I the only one that doesn’t speak German here? Wth.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Am I the only one that doesn’t speak German here? Wth.

I don't speak it, but I did take it all four years of high school. Of course that was over a decade ago and I didn't practice it, so my vocabulary and grammar suck now.

Hell, even at my best I wasn't great. My teacher wasn't shy about letting us know his 3 year old daughter could speak better German than any of his students.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
upload_2020-12-28_22-13-34.png

The in-laws got me this.

It is good to taste. It makes good mouth flavors in the mouth. I've only had a bit of it neat and honestly I'm not very interested in adding much ice or water.

They also got me their old fashioned mix and I haven't tried that. The ingredient list is very interesting and I'm pumped to try it. But, overall, my move is going to be to make maybe one of them with this bourbon and then I'll get Bulleit to use the rest; I presume based on the flavor of this bourbon, that the reliable B will go well with the mix.

They also got me one of those tilty glasses and it's given me three mild panic attacks already.

I also got

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Another +1 on Mindhunter. Super shame that they aren't going to finish it, as I was really looking forward to seeing how the BTK killer plot unfolded. I saw Taboo mentioned, I thought that was decent, it's short and worth the watch but nothing mind-blowing. Dark was fantastic. True Detective and The Night Of are also both really good.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I don't speak it, but I did take it all four years of high school. Of course that was over a decade ago and I didn't practice it, so my vocabulary and grammar suck now.

Hell, even at my best I wasn't great. My teacher wasn't shy about letting us know his 3 year old daughter could speak better German than any of his students.
Well aren’t we privileged to have more than Spanish as our school language

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
View attachment 380843

The in-laws got me this.

It is good to taste. It makes good mouth flavors in the mouth. I've only had a bit of it neat and honestly I'm not very interested in adding much ice or water.

They also got me their old fashioned mix and I haven't tried that. The ingredient list is very interesting and I'm pumped to try it. But, overall, my move is going to be to make maybe one of them with this bourbon and then I'll get Bulleit to use the rest; I presume based on the flavor of this bourbon, that the reliable B will go well with the mix.

They also got me one of those tilty glasses and it's given me three mild panic attacks already.

I also got
It’s so good you got drunk enough not to finish your post. Nice.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Well aren’t we privileged to have more than Spanish as our school language

Honestly I kind of wish I had taken Spanish :laugh: It would have been much more useful, there are tons of Hispanic immigrants in my area, I would have been able to actually keep speaking it, and probably wouldn't have forgotten most of what I learned.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Honestly I kind of wish I had taken Spanish :laugh: It would have been much more useful, there are tons of Hispanic immigrants in my area, I would have been able to actually keep speaking it, and probably wouldn't have forgotten most of what I learned.

Counterpoint: Spanish doesn't have epic compound words.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That was Lil Beef practicing her typing skills.

I can have her type a post for you. It mostly involves her going "I want to press Z" which results in

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ "I want to press T" TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I can have her type a post for you. It mostly involves her going "I want to press Z" which results in

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ "I want to press T" TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
My son is OBSESSED with wolves and in turn now he s obsessed with the letter W because wolf starts with a W. How adorably annoying.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Another +1 on Mindhunter. Super shame that they aren't going to finish it, as I was really looking forward to seeing how the BTK killer plot unfolded. I saw Taboo mentioned, I thought that was decent, it's short and worth the watch but nothing mind-blowing. Dark was fantastic. True Detective and The Night Of are also both really good.
Mindhunter was fine, but David Fincher doing a TV show always felt wrong to me. I'm glad he's making movies again. Top tier directors shouldn't be making TV shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille