OT: 78th Obsequious Banter Thread: Parlez-vous Français?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I’ve made two appointments at the local MVC for our work van’s registrations.

One was made on November 10th for November 30th because that was the earliest appointment available. It was canceled on the 29th in the morning.

I made another appointment on the 30th for December 29th (today) (first appointment) it was canceled yesterday.

What the f*** am I supposed to do?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

One was made on November 10th for November 30th because that was the earliest appointment available. It was canceled on the 29th in the morning.

I made another appointment on the 30th for December 29th (today) (first appointment) it was canceled yesterday.

Are you not able to renew online? Or is this a new vehicle?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Want Beef to beat up the DMV for you? That's BS.
Yes, please.

I didn't check to see why it was cancelled last time but today it looks like an employee tested positive yesterday for the virus so they're closed until January 7th now. ONE FRIGGIN DAY BEFORE AFTER WAITING ~60.

It's also not like in the cancellation email they send you they say that "you can come at any time and we'll honor this time slot." You're just shit out of luck. I wouldn't be as upset if that were the case but while we as a business are liable for this situation the employees driving the vans can get in a lot of trouble if they get pulled over.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Yes, please.

I didn't check to see why it was cancelled last time but today it looks like an employee tested positive yesterday for the virus so they're closed until January 7th now. ONE FRIGGIN DAY BEFORE AFTER WAITING ~60.

It's also not like in the cancellation email they send you they say that "you can come at any time and we'll honor this time slot." You're just shit out of luck. I wouldn't be as upset if that were the case but while we as a business are liable for this situation the employees driving the vans can get in a lot of trouble if they get pulled over.

Yeah, I get shutting down until you can test your other employees and deep clean whatever, but getting pushed back on registrations is no bueno unless you're going to give the vehicle owner some leeway. Just make the cancellation notice effective as a 45-day extension or something. It's not like you're ignoring the fact that you need to register the vehicle, you just physically can't.

Reactions: Defect

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I've got an appointment on tje 5th. I will not be happy if its canceled.

For what its worth though, I believe they are mostly waiving vehicle registration/inspection stuff currently.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
They should be making whatever they want to make it.
Yeah, I guess they should. I like a good TV show and I realize that it offers storytelling opportunities a movie wouldn't, but I can't always find the motivation or the commitment to watch an entire season. And then there's always the danger of a TV show that doesn't know when it should have ended. How many are there that are great from start to finish? The Wire, Breaking Bad. Anything else?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Conspiracy theorist unite!
But seriously can anyone explain this to me? On released footage of the Tennessee Christmas RV bombing explosion the RV is parked with the passenger side of the RV curbside, but in the body cam footage of the cops walking the street to evacuate people the RV is parked with the driver side being curbside.
I haven’t heard anything mentioning the RV moved after parking.
9FDAE8BE-0034-4F22-ACF4-FBF6020036CD.png
C24ED529-AAE8-4B4F-BB31-B7290829AC68.png

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Yeah, I guess they should. I like a good TV show and I realize that it offers storytelling opportunities a movie wouldn't, but I can't always find the motivation or the commitment to watch an entire season. And then there's always the danger of a TV show that doesn't know when it should have ended. How many are there that are great from start to finish? The Wire, Breaking Bad. Anything else?
I’d say breaking bad fell off before it ended. It’s been a while so I can’t recall when. Maybe when they brought on Meth Damon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad