OT: 78th Obsequious Banter Thread: Parlez-vous Français?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
b4xbuv75b9851.jpg

I'm glad you are enjoying it - that's all that really matters anyway - but it's not really any good. I'll still keep watching until it ends though.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I rarely see/hear people talk about it, but I thought Mindhunter was really good. Apparently they aren't making a third season, though, so that sucks. I also liked Taboo a lot and I don't think I've ever seen another person mention having watched it.

A couple more shows I liked that I don't remember hearing people talk about as much: Billions, The Newsroom, The Defiant Ones, The Jinx: The Life And Deaths Of Robert Durst, Counterpart, and I'm sure there's a few others I'm forgetting.

Then of course there's the things everyones seen, like The Mandalorian, Band of Brothers, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders, The Last Dance, Chernobyl, House of Cards, Making a Murder, Mad Men, Dexter, Justified, The Shield, and so on.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
There's a super trashy show called "Kingdom" about an MMA ex-fighter who trains fighters and owns a gym, and his sons are fighters and are all f***ed up. It stars that pure human trash Frank Grillo and one of the Jonas turds, the littlest one. The one son's GF is hot as balls, though. The Korean "Kingdom" rules.
Oh god. There are too many kingdom shows. The Korean kingdom was awesome. I was thinking of The last Kingdom.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I rarely see/hear people talk about it, but I thought Mindhunter was really good. Apparently they aren't making a third season, though, so that sucks. I also liked Taboo a lot and I don't think I've ever seen another person mention having watched it.

A couple more shows I liked that I don't remember hearing people talk about as much: Billions, The Newsroom, The Defiant Ones, The Jinx: The Life And Deaths Of Robert Durst, Counterpart, and I'm sure there's a few others I'm forgetting.

Then of course there's the things everyones seen, like The Mandalorian, Band of Brothers, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders, The Last Dance, Chernobyl, House of Cards, Making a Murder, Mad Men, Dexter, Justified, The Shield, and so on.

The big guy in Mindhunter in jail Is incredible.

I watch the Defiant ones everytime it’s on , so good.

That’s a solid list

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

"Newsroom" was good and the first season of "Counterpart" was awesome (haven't seen the next one yet), but "Billions" is execrable - I thought I said it on here, but maybe not - it's actually worse than "Suits," and I didn't think I would ever say that about a show ever. It is incomparably ridiculous and terrible. Loved "Mindhunter" too - it sounds like Fincher wanted to make a third season, but then lost interest, and may have gotten some pushback on the cost of making the show, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad