OT: 77th Obsequious Banter Thread: the one where everyone underperforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Carbon fibre conposites with an aliminium honeycomb and kevlar, nomex and carbon fibre conposites around it are crazy. Several times stronger than steel. The cockpits are just amazing. Next year is actually the 40th year of the first modern monacoque.

Back when I wanted to become an aerodynamacist all I did for a while was look at cross sections and loads for such materials haha. Albeit that was like 13-14 years ago now.

The amount of downward force those things withstand to keep the wheels glued to the track is nothing to sneeze at either.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Without you we wouldnt have to suffer through:

Avril LAvirgne.

I think we'd manage without your list without having to suffer through mine.

Greatest post.

Tfw you check on things on the dim sum menu but forget to tell your friends thy are suggestions and they end up ordering like 20 things that you checked off. Oh well they wanted the authentic dim sum experience.

This is the way. Who goes to dim sum and orders 3 things? 3 things per cart maybe.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
iu

This is hands down the best gif in the world, i laugh every time I see it :laugh:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The amount of downward force those things withstand to keep the wheels glued to the track is nothing to sneeze at either.

In the mid-90s one team had an interesting, experimental, wing that due to the effects of the tunnel in Monaco started to make the car lift off at a certain speed through the tunnel. Basically reversed the aero due to the floor of the car and wings and their interaction with the bargeboards or something like that.

Cant find a video of it but bizarre. Sometime between like 92-95.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
In the mid-90s one team had an interesting, experimental, wing that due to the effects of the tunnel in Monaco started to make the car lift off at a certain speed through the tunnel. Basically reversed the aero due to the floor of the car and wings and their interaction with the bargeboards or something like that.

Cant find a video of it but bizarre. Sometime between like 92-95.

That is the opposite of what is good.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Full disclosure: They reimbursed me for one bad card I bought when I proved that it was trimmed, but only after months of arguing and levels upon levels of proof. I spent way more in time getting my money back than it was worth, but that wasn't the point. All of this has colored my opinion for sure.

So here's the thing. PSA is a complete and utter scam because they're not effective at detecting alterations even if you eliminated the favoritism. But it doesn't matter because there are too many idiots with money to burn. I've divulged myself of every card I have that derives value from the grade. My T206 Eddie Plank isn't going down no matter what happens to grading because I have provenance from a well-known collector who had it since the 60s and there are less than 100 surviving. That's not manufactured rarity. The random PSA 10 Rookies I had of players I liked for various reasons are all gone.

I don't know how you can have a brain in your head and look at the threads on Net54 or Blowout and think it isn't all a house of cards. If it isn't irrefutable proof of trimming, it's encapsulating crap like this:

s-l1600.jpg

10 seconds of Googling would tell you that's a fake. Or having eyes.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Full disclosure: They reimbursed me for one bad card I bought when I proved that it was trimmed, but only after months of arguing and levels upon levels of proof. I spent way more in time getting my money back than it was worth, but that wasn't the point. All of this has colored my opinion for sure.

So here's the thing. PSA is a complete and utter scam because they're not effective at detecting alterations even if you eliminated the favoritism. But it doesn't matter because there are too many idiots with money to burn. I've divulged myself of every card I have that derives value from the grade. My T206 Eddie Plank PSA 4 isn't going down no matter what happens to grading because I have provenance from a well-known collector who had it since the 60s and there are less than 100 surviving. That's not manufactured rarity. The random PSA 10 Rookies I had of players I liked for various reasons are all gone.

I don't know how you can have a brain in your head and look at the threads on Net54 or Blowout and think it isn't all a house of cards. If it isn't irrefutable proof of trimming, it's encapsulating crap like this:

s-l1600.jpg

I knew you had disdain for PSA so I had to ask your thoughts.

I’ve never used them myself and likely never will as I’m not in the card game. Although they are the NFL’s go to for Game Used authentication so I’ve had some of those COAs.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

So here's the thing. PSA is a complete and utter scam because they're not effective at detecting alterations even if you eliminated the favoritism. But it doesn't matter because there are too many idiots with money to burn. I've divulged myself of every card I have that derives value from the grade. My T206 Eddie Plank isn't going down no matter what happens to grading because I have provenance from a well-known collector who had it since the 60s and there are less than 100 surviving. That's not manufactured rarity. The random PSA 10 Rookies I had of players I liked for various reasons are all gone.

s-l1600.jpg

So does mean we're Beckett Boys?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

s-l1600.jpg

Cards are like comic books - wickedly addictive. They are also like houseboats - bottomless money pits. We have seen the bottom fall out of that market in modern times (recent-ish times, even) - I think you'd have to be insane to get into that game with the idea of keeping your money, much less making a profit. The only way to do it is for fun and under strict control financially. (Unless you have bundles of cash to burn.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad