Post-Game Talk: #76 | FLYERS at Penguins | Sun., Mar. 25, 2018

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Canned hockey questions have canned hockey responses. This one was a lay up and Hakstol decided to take it, run it back to half court, and attempt a 3 pointer. Theres simply no other way to look at it. This was tortorella level bad of throwing players under the bus. Maybe even worse.
Your deep hatred for Hakstol has you making a huge deal out of absolutely nothing.

Reactions: hatcher

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Pretty much, given that's a pretty innocuous statement.
What coach is happy with a goalie who's beat for two goals in a couple minutes on the road when your team had the lead?
But instead of just blaming the goalie, he also admitted he needed to wake up the team.

Much ado about nothing.

Yeah, lay some blame on the lowest guy on the Flyers food chain on national TV.

Great move, highly motivating.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, lay some blame on the lowest guy on the Flyers food chain on national TV.

Great move, highly motivating.

No worries man. The 25 hyear old rookie goaltender - the one were hoping to carry the load to get us to the play offs - probably didnt even see it, or have someone send him a link to it. I'm sure he knows nothing about how his coach has absolutely no confidence in his ability to make saves when the flyers were giving out scoring chances like candy. It's not a confidence killer at all. It builds character, and helps him become a 'glue guy'.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Listen to yourself. You're getting irate over the spur-of-the-moment interview comment, "A little bit of both."

Reactions: hatcher

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Irate? lol. No,not irate at all. Just understanding of the impact that a comment like that could have.

I love how youre not comfortable with anyone painting with the broad brush of 'apologist' but cant see the forest for the trees. If theres anyone here that is sticking to some agenda, I've got a pretty good feeling i know who it is.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Irate? lol. No,not irate at all. Just understanding of the impact that a comment like that could have.

I love how youre not comfortable with anyone painting with the broad brush of 'apologist' but cant see the forest for the trees. If theres anyone here that is sticking to some agenda, I've got a pretty good feeling i know who it is.

I'm the one who can't see the "forest for the trees"? You're getting hung up over the quote, "A little bit of both."

And people can feel free to block me because I don't join in The Crucible witch-hunt against Dave Hakstol and think "a little bit of both" is a harmless quote. It always astounds me how many people can't bear to listen or read opinions that differ from their own.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm the one who can't see the "forest for the trees"? You're getting hung up over the quote, "A little bit of both."

And people can feel free to block me because I don't join in The Crucible witch-hunt against Dave Hakstol and think "a little bit of both" is a harmless quote. It always astounds me how many people can't bear to listen or read opinions that differ from their own.

Its baffling to me how you cant recognize that A) the correct answer there is "I felt like we just needed to shake things up" . Go read what any coach says in response to those questions. Unless the goalie was absolutely horrific (Lyon wasnt), what i wrote is the correct response, i dont care if its bench time, after the game, intermission, or any other time where the media is present. and b) that this is much more than "little bit of both" and how he has never criticized any of the bad players. The closest hes come to 'criticizing' one of his favorites was benching for a handful of games (hint: he shouldve been doing this all along. And even then, he never said anything bad about his game, to my knowledge.

You continue to parade around waving this flag and talking like you arent on the witch hunt like its some badge of honor. Except, it seems more and more like its less about the team and impact for you, and more and more about you just "resisting the resistance". If i i didnt know any better, I'd think you were typing this from a type writer with black rimmed glasses and a half beard, wearing your flannel.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Its baffling to me how you cant recognize that A) the correct answer there is "I felt like we just needed to shake things up" . Go read what any coach says in response to those questions. Unless the goalie was absolutely horrific (Lyon wasnt), what i wrote is the correct response, i dont care if its bench time, after the game, intermission, or any other time where the media is present. and b) that this is much more than "little bit of both" and how he has never criticized any of the bad players. The closest hes come to 'criticizing' one of his favorites was benching for a handful of games (hint: he shouldve been doing this all along. And even then, he never said anything bad about his game, to my knowledge.

You continue to parade around waving this flag and talking like you arent on the witch hunt like its some badge of honor. Except, it seems more and more like its less about the team and impact for you, and more and more about you just "resisting the resistance". If i i didnt know any better, I'd think you were typing this from a type writer with black rimmed glasses and a half beard, wearing your flannel.
Dude. He said, "A little bit of both," during a bench interview. My simply saying it isn't a big deal isn't "resisting the resistance" for the sake of it. It's reality. You're so far gone in your hatred of Hakstol that you're exaggerating a harmless quote into a big issue. And you think anyone who disagrees with you is either doing it just for the sake of being contrarian or is an idiot. Maybe, just maybe, you can't be objective when it comes to Hakstol.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Dude. He said, "A little bit of both," during a bench interview. My simply saying it isn't a big deal isn't "resisting the resistance" for the sake of it. It's reality. You're so far gone in your hatred of Hakstol that you're exaggerating a harmless quote into a big issue. And you think anyone who disagrees with you is either doing it just for the sake of being contrarian or is an idiot. Maybe, just maybe, you can't be objective when it comes to Hakstol.

My "resisting the resistance" line was about you was in response to your crucible=witch hunt comment, which you so eagerly throw in every post. The rest of your post seems to be a cut/paste of a word document youve got laying around, so ill end my involvement in your mouse batteries demise here. Keep on fighting the good fight, though!

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I don’t think I’ve ever blocked anyone on any social media platforms. I may not agree with everyone’s comments, but it’s still interesting to read all of the different opinions. Many are also good for a chuckle or two.

I would never never block for your weird man love of Mandog.

I only have so much time in the day, and I enjoy getting evverybodies opinion to a point. But when it reaches a point that you are more concerned about putting up an argument over everything it becomes a waste of my time.

I want to read to counter arguments of people that are informed and I respect my people who just need to say something.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I don’t think I’ve ever blocked anyone on any social media platforms. I may not agree with everyone’s comments, but it’s still interesting to read all of the different opinions. Many are also good for a chuckle or two.
Couldn't agree more. I'm hoping Manning can duplicate his performance against the Pens. He was pretty good in both zones.

Reactions: boxcar65

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If I were going to block anyone it would be the cyber bullies, like @Tripod, @Magua, and definitely @Captain Dave Poulin.

You are getting like 1% of the punishment that I can deliver, and that you deserve. Be careful that you don't slip up - I'm watching.

soon.gif

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Couldn't agree more. I'm hoping Manning can duplicate his performance against the Pens. He was pretty good in both zones.

I agree. If he could play like that every four out of five games, we might be talking about a contract extension instead of wondering what league he will be in next season. I just hope he sticks in the NHL somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad