Confirmed with Link: 7 Years x 5.5M$ Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
It was nice to laugh when Leafs signed Clarkson with mega deal. Hopefully we didnt do the same mistake...
Interested to know how much salary/cap Clarkson has actually impacted the teams he has been on and how much is insurance and LTIR? Leafs traded to get him back at one point didn’t they? And not aware of any real sweeteners, just other dead LTIR space.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It's obvious the Habs are not hurting as much if they're offering this deal. So their financial outlook and environment is sure to be able to support it.
By Outlook and environment I was referring to the cap, all team have to deal with the same cap... it ain’t going up for two many more years... when Wilson it would have been normal to assume the cap was going up and there weren’t so many team against the cap or hurting financially even if Mtl isn’t feeling it.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
This has bust written all over it.

Yep. There's only one outcome that makes Bergevin look good here: Josh Anderson knocks it out of the f***ing park.

There are many, many other outcomes that make Bergevin look bad. We didn't just sign Anderson for free either. We gave up the more productive roster player, and a 3rd too. And then this big ass contract. Josh has to be awesome for us or we have a problem.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And the Habs GM didn't sign Domi to a two year contract that brings him to UFA. Does that make it right or wrong for Jarmo to do it? No. So why are you judging the Habs/Anderson signing based on what the Jackets didn't do?
Signing Domi to a 2 year deal was the safe thing to do. It's what I would have liked if he stayed here too.
Short term deal, prove yourself more, then we'll pay.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Personally, I'm very excited to see Anderson in a Habs jersey, just like how I was when we traded for Domi. Yeah it didn't well, **** happens but some of us here would actually rather be positive and hope this works out.

Ignorance is indeed bliss... Can't argue with that!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don’t see anyway this become a amazing contract at best he will live up to it for for 4-5 years.

I think he has more offense in him than what he showed in Columbus, if he manages to stay healthy the deal will look like a bargain in a couple of years.

It's a risky deal for sure though, time will tell.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think he has more offense in him than what he showed in Columbus, if he manages to stay healthy the deal will look like a bargain in a couple of years.

It's a risky deal for sure though, time will tell.

Finding the right players for him to pkay with will be interesting. I feel like Domi would have actually been a good fit.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
By Outlook and environment I was referring to the cap, all team have to deal with the same cap... it ain’t going up for two many more years... when Wilson it would have been normal to assume the cap was going up.

We'll see what all these UFA's will end up signing for. It will give us an idea of what the flat cap will mean for certain teams and what the players will sign for.

But despite that, players will use comparables to negotiate, whether those contracts were signed at a time the cap was presumed to continue to rise.

Reactions: dralaf

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Finding the right players for him to pkay with will be interesting. I feel like Domi would have actually been a good fit.
He's a guy that often generates offense on his own, he'll work with anyone.

If someone like Suzuki could set him up all the time on top of all the goals he'll generate on his own, he's gonna score some goals in that jersey. Just needs to stay healthy...

Reactions: tazsub3

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
People really want to get all nitpicky when it comes to acquiring a real mean power forward, something this team hasn't had in decades. Cry me a river.
Oh we are sorry that people are worried into a guy that had 1 great season in the nhl who missed an entire season and had 1 goal in 24 games before getting injured given a 7 years long deal for 5.5m

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Signing Domi to a 2 year deal was the safe thing to do. It's what I would have liked if he stayed here too.
Short term deal, prove yourself more, then we'll pay.

And where the hell would you of played him?

There simply was no more room for domi anymore,it was fun, but he was done here, clearly

Subpar season, even more atrocious playoffs

Dans le fond,he ended up what we feared at the beginning, Too.small.

Quite happy to have replaced his no wing ability terrible effort for a much bigger guy, equally as fast

If domi WOWed on the power play I may of questioned this some but he was TERRRRRRRRRIBLE, I could not get over it, what can he even bring our team anymore, nobody has been able to come up with a solid answer

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Oh we are sorry that people are worried into a guy that had 1 great season in the nhl who missed an entire season and had 1 goal in 24 games before getting injured given a 7 years long deal for 5.5m

He had 17 goals then 19 in 63 games. He was on a clear upward trajectory. He opted against shoulder surgery because cbj wanted him to play last year then hurt it again. He got surgery and is said to be 100% now. If the contract is too long you buy him out after year 5 and you are fine.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I like Josh Anderson, contract a bit steep though.

AAV doesn't bother me. The term is definitely more than I expected.

In fact, just before the signing was announced, there was a discussion on what term people wanted. Some were okay with a 2 year deal. Others 3. I said I'd go for 4 years if only to buy some peace of mind that you won't have to worry about his contract for a few years. But I did not expect 7 years. But I'm not mad at it.

My main focus is that Josh Anderson is a Hab right now and he will be suiting up for them as soon as the season starts. And after fantasizing about what he would look like playing in Montreal for a few years, no contract (term or cap hit) will ruin that for me.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
5.5 would be pretty standard for someone that scores close to 30 goals and plays a PF style game.

Risky move to assume he returns to that tho.

5.5 is a bit low for a 30 goal scorers. Especially if you have size + speed. But Anderson is not yet a 30 goal scorer.

if Anderson can be a 20G-20A 40 pts with speed, grit on a 6’3 frame consistently, then the contract would be worth it. For as long a contract, would have preferred 4.75. or 5 *5.25 but I am very happy that we were able to sigh him long term.

Obviously if he become injury prone can’t play his style, then it can be a bad contract very fast.

but lets be positive. We’ve been looking for a power forward Top6 since as long as I can remember.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
AAV doesn't bother me. The term is definitely more than I expected.

In fact, just before the signing was announced, there was a discussion on what term people wanted. Some were okay with a 2 year deal. Others 3. I said I'd go for 4 years if only to buy some peace of mind that you won't have to worry about his contract for a few years. But I did not expect 7 years. But I'm not mad at it.

My main focus is that Josh Anderson is a Hab right now and he will be suiting up for them as soon as the season starts. And after fantasizing about what he would look like playing in Montreal for a few years, no contract (term or cap hit) will ruin that for me.

100%

could not agree more

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad