7 Round 2006 NHL Entry Mock Draft - Drafting Thread.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
With the 81st pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, the New York Rangers proudly select, of Jokerit of the Finish League, Espoo, Finland center Jan-Mikael Juutilainen.

Again, we feel that we have gotten EXTREMELY lucky. Another player we have pegged possibly for the first round. Jan-Mikael has an incredible set of soft hands and can put the puck wherever he wants. His stick is basically his little magic wand that he directs his puck with.

He has a strong, built body but isn't the largest fan of traffic. McKeens says he has a slow top end speed, but he has the powerful skating stride to overcome this once he builds the strength of his lower body up more.

He's committed to Nebraska-Omaha college for the 2007-2008 season.

[IMAGE]http://www.jokerit.com/junnut/0405/b/jan-mikaeljuutilainen.jpg[/IMAGE]

The Philadelphia Flyers are now on the clock.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Jon Prescription said:
I PM'd insider before, so I'm sure once he gets it he'll post.

you don't even have to pm me, my link to HF comes strait to the Mock Drafts so I'll see the draft before.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Now for the pick. Off the board, we select from the Red Deer Rebels,

Goaltender James Riemer

[IMAGE]http://www.reddeerrebels.com/images/zoom/JOVVAA/31_rebels_w_012006_352.jpg[/IMAGE]

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
With 84th pick Calgary selects Robert Nyholm out of Finland.

Also, for 86th pick Calgary has the following list:
It's either Vladimir Zharkov out of Russia, but if Los Angeles decides to pick him with their 85th pick, Calgary then opts for another speedster, Martin Latal out of Czech Republic.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The Los Angeles Kings select from the Kootenay Ice of the WHL Goalie

Kris Lazaruk

Calgary is now on the clock

gamblor

Jul 21, 2003
Visit site
Saprykin said:
Also, for 86th pick Calgary has the following list:
It's either Vladimir Zharkov out of Russia, but if Los Angeles decides to pick him with their 85th pick, Calgary then opts for another speedster, Martin Latal out of Czech Republic.

I think we can assume that Calgary picks Zharkov, in which case Carolina is now up.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Dallas Stars select Center Rastislav Konecny. 35 goals and 65 points in 45 games is too good to pass up here.

Ottawa(filly_canadiens) is on the clock.

Last edited:

insider

Nov 14, 2003
mercury said:
I know nothing of James Reimer, but I would not be surprised if Clarke goes after a goalie in the 3rd or 4th round. Anyone with some info?

I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes off the board. He's playing for an awful team, but coached by Sutter. I remember he beat the top team Calgary in OT 2-1 and outdueled Pogge with a 50 save performance. He's underrated, but watch for him. He's been called the Pogge of this draft.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
insider said:
I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes off the board. He's playing for an awful team, but coached by Sutter. I remember he beat the top team Calgary in OT 2-1 and outdueled Pogge with a 50 save performance. He's underrated, but watch for him. He's been called the Pogge of this draft.

The 3rd round may be a little early for Clarke to take a goalie, but I like what I am reading. Looks like a .910 Save Pct. in the Dub, which is nice, even though his record was crappy. Good mock for Philly so far, although Bouchard sounds like a bit of a reach, and we will need a few more wingers.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
I'll give Ottawa (filly_canadiens) another hour before I pick for them. I have PM'ed filly_canadiens yesterday around 3:00 pm and he has used up his 12 hrs at 11 am est.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Cup4Wings picking for filly_canadiens since he has missed his time period.

:sens are proud to select, highly skilled Czech Right Winger Martin Latal.

Detroit is up next.

Last edited:

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
:blues

The St. Louis Blues are pleased to select, from Green Bay of the United States Hockey League and bound for Boston University in the fall, defenseman Eric Gryba.

Chicago (MattyW) is on the clock for the next two picks...

P_B

:bow: :blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad