Injury Report: 7/15 update | Crosby will not have wrist surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I guess the big question is whether he will have pre-injury speed. Without it, as much as I like PD, he doesn't have a lot of value.

Think leg strength is going to be the bigger issue than speed. And I seriously doubt he'll have anywhere near as much as he did (which was a lot for a guy his size).

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I guess the big question is whether he will have pre-injury speed. Without it, as much as I like PD, he doesn't have a lot of value.

Dupuis has a little skill and has a genuine physical element. He wouldn't be as good without his full speed, but he'll still be a unit on the PK and a menace on the forecheck for the 3rd line. He wouldn't win quite as many races, but he'll still meet guys at the puck and make guys check over their shoulders.

I'm excited for the possibility of 3rd line Duper.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Dupuis has a little skill and has a genuine physical element. He wouldn't be as good without his full speed, but he'll still be a unit on the PK and a menace on the forecheck for the 3rd line. He wouldn't win quite as many races, but he'll still meet guys at the puck and make guys check over their shoulders.

I'm excited for the possibility of 3rd line Duper.

i feel like little to none of this describes the dupuis we saw last year

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
i really hope the new management/coaching staff can get sid back on track. it really seemed like he was going through the motions for much of the year and not enjoying the game much at all. the drive and passion that makes him really stand out amongst nhl stars was lacking imo. i think there might be some truth to those rumors that sid wasn't as happy in pittsburgh last season as he was previously. i know he won the scoring title and gold medal, but something was missing.

he still needs more support on the ice, but hopefully the moves that have been made help.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
His on ice conditioning seems to be at an especially frenzied pace, even for him.

A lot of short-distance bursts and quick reaction plays. And he's doing a lot of drills where he's in the corner or on the wall and taking pucks right to the paint or slot and getting shots off. Hope that means he's wanting to be around the net more and shooting from everywhere like he did in 2010.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
His on ice conditioning seems to be at an especially frenzied pace, even for him.

A lot of short-distance bursts and quick reaction plays. And he's doing a lot of drills where he's in the corner or on the wall and taking pucks right to the paint or slot and getting shots off. Hope that means he's wanting to be around the net more and shooting from everywhere like he did in 2010.

The one thing that has been missing from his game is his willingness to go near the net. Makes sense when you had a concussion and then a broken jaw from down there, but my go to moment of dominance from Sid is that Spezza play from the Ottawa series in 2011. Hopefully, we see that kind of play towards the bottom of the net. Instead, of coming into the zone and curling.

BlackGoldGreen

Jul 7, 2006
California
The one thing that has been missing from his game is his willingness to go near the net. Makes sense when you had a concussion and then a broken jaw from down there, but my go to moment of dominance from Sid is that Spezza play from the Ottawa series in 2011. Hopefully, we see that kind of play towards the bottom of the net. Instead, of coming into the zone and curling.

That was 2010, I just watched that clip the other day, it really sums up Prime Sid. I hope he can get back to that compete level this season, I miss that Sid

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
i really hope the new management/coaching staff can get sid back on track. it really seemed like he was going through the motions for much of the year and not enjoying the game much at all. the drive and passion that makes him really stand out amongst nhl stars was lacking imo. i think there might be some truth to those rumors that sid wasn't as happy in pittsburgh last season as he was previously. i know he won the scoring title and gold medal, but something was missing.

he still needs more support on the ice, but hopefully the moves that have been made help.

I don't often agree with you, but you're spot-on here.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010

i was watching that clip and trying to decide if that was realtime or if slightly sped up. Because damn he was quick in that video...

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 22s
Crosby says his wrist was hurt on hit by Blues RW Ryan Reaves: "I just jammed it. It was caught under me."

March 23rd is the day it happened. I wonder if i can find any video of it.

Here it is:

eLL96R1.gif

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Crosby says his wrist was hurt on hit by Blues RW Ryan Reaves: "I just jammed it. It was caught under me."

Here it is:

eLL96R1.gif

He didn't want to miss a game. Sid really wanted to show the hockey world him playing a full season healthy. Upstanding guy

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I don't even remember that hit. Was there a penalty and did someone try to kick his ass for that? I'm guessing a maybe for the first and a no for the second because we are pansies

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I don't even remember that hit. Was there a penalty and did someone try to kick his ass for that? I'm guessing a maybe for the first and a no for the second because we are pansies

No, i don't believe there was, because officiating is terrible, and two, yes. Yes we WERE pansies.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon

No penalty on the hit and nothing came of it. Our team was filled with a bunch of pansies last season like you said.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Lol. Glass ain't fighting Reaves. Even if he had, he'd have been killed.

Engelland has taken many beatings from Reaves, but he didn't take one on this day.

Man, I'd love to have Reaves.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
really was a monster hit. seemed borderline at best at the time, but i remember just being glad that sid didnt have another concussion.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
If Sid says he's injured he's called a pansy that isn't tough enough. If he hides it and tries to persevere through it, he's a liar.

Dude can't win

Fordy

May 28, 2008
hopefully our bylsma-less system involves less hospital passes to our star centers this year

Sutter16

Aug 17, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA

Here it is:

eLL96R1.gif

Wow. I don't even remember that hit. That's rediculous that nobody went after Reaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad