Injury Report: 7/15 update | Crosby will not have wrist surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sidney Crosby is scheduled to have arthroscopic surgery on his right wrist within the next few days to repair damage that a source said impeded his performance in the postseason.

Despite saying during and after the Stanley Cup playoffs that he was at full health, the Penguins center "did play with a terrible wrist," the source said Tuesday night.

Crosby could not be reached for comment.

Link to Molinari article.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
12ZML0A.gif

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Probably why he played like crap during the playoffs. Good news is its just minor and he'll be ready to go for training camp.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

I love it when the first reply is the only reply necessary.

The good thing is that it's just arthroscopic surgery, he's shouldn't miss too much of anything because of it. We're still far enough out from camp that there shouldn't be any issue whatsoever in him being healed in time. As long as a weight machine doesn't fall on him. That is a possibility. Honestly I was expecting something worse, but at least this puts a label on what was bothering him, no matter how much he wants to deny it.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I love it when the first reply is the only reply necessary.

The good thing is that it's just arthroscopic surgery, he's shouldn't miss too much of anything because of it. We're still far enough out from camp that there shouldn't be any issue whatsoever in him being healed in time. As long as a weight machine doesn't fall on him. That is a possibility. Honestly I was expecting something worse, but at least this puts a label on what was bothering him, no matter how much he wants to deny it.

Better sign Milan Kraft just in case.

Although, I think there's a provision in the new CBA that forbids him from using his deadly wrist shot.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
wow, you don't say. But so many people in the GDTs told me I was crazy and that he was 100%!

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009

i think the better thing is that it says its a 'minor' surgery on the wrist.

there are plenty of arthroscopic surgeries to the knees and shoulders that are not considered minor.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Oh right Sid, use the old surgery excuse to cover up how you quit on the team.

They should still trade him. Think of the packages they could get.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Oh right Sid, use the old surgery excuse to cover up how you quit on the team.

They should still trade him. Think of the packages they could get.

Nah, we'd better wait a while. Buffalo won't be willing to trade Matt Moulson this fast after signing him.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Did Rossi break this news?

Oh he didn't? I thought he was the inside source? I thought he was working his phones?!

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Without the wrist injury, we beat the Rangers. DB and RS probably still have their jobs, and we're looking forward to another season where we do the same thing and expect different results. So, on that note, big props to Sid's gimpy wrist.

Michael8771*

I actually mentioned this soon after the season was over, not surprised he had an injury to his hand/wrist. He should be ok by TC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad