GDT: #7 - 10/19/13 | New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
As much as I don't like any of these lines or how certain players are utilized, I couldn't find a way to fix it / make it better. The only thing that maybe would make sense is to switch around Dorsett and Fast.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Yeah I was under the impression MDZ was scratched last game due to illness. Is he still sick? Or suck?

Punxrocknyc19*

Yeah I was under the impression MDZ was scratched last game due to illness. Is he still sick? Or suck?

maybe they dont want to decrease his value by him playing.. maybe a trade in works :help:

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I think AV is trying to light a fire under MDZ by saying "Oh, you were sick? Well we won the game when you weren't playing so there's no need to put you in yet."

EEDAWGZ

Feb 14, 2010
Queens,NY

Apparently he was scratched due to illness, he's better now,but AV doesn't want to change the line up
After the shutout, saw this in the paper

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I think AV is trying to light a fire under MDZ by saying "Oh, you were sick? Well we won the game when you weren't playing so there's no need to put you in yet."

Quite possible. He definitely needs to elevate his play.

Hopefully the teams gets on a roll tonight and it helps DZ when he gets back into the lineup.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Falk over DZ is ridiculous.

We better win this game. Definitely not a must win but if we lose to the hapless Devs after how we played so well against WAS we finally know what our team's identity is- bipolar.

Apr 10, 2012
most important game of the season so far. playing against a slumping team we already played and lost to in the preseason, in our division, while they're desperate for a win. (hooray for comma splicing!)

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
I don't understand the negativity around here, when 3 of the top 6 are out, you're going to end up with a **** pudding for a line-up. But the D and Lundquist will have to carry the load and give players like Stepan and Richards a chance to win this one.

But it's at the Pru and a win over the Rangers is about the best it's going to get for the Devils for the next 3-5 years so even with Dum Dum DeBoer and one of the worst management teams in modern hockey and a lineup that needs reading glasses, expect a tough game.

I think after this game the staff need to think about Pyatt and whether we gamble more and start calling up some of the Pack Fs.

Mr Atoz*

If it means Deboer is fired tomorrow, I hope you guys blow us out today

Your team stinks no matter who's coaching. I know you are used to winning with mediocre teams but I think (and hope :D) those days are over. The devils have had more than their share of luck for a thousand lifetimes.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Falk over DZ is insane in any case, and all the more so now that the offense is crippled missing half of the top 6.

You can't do that now after, as a group, telling the world how great Petey was.

Seriously. He was an incredible genius last year, a class above Torts, not a clown etc. etc. etc.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So what, Del Zotto has been awful. Isn't he sick? He'll get his chance to prove himself. I have no problem with him missing a handful of games if it lights a fire. Elias/Brunner out would be....very good.

From the Devils board, not official:

Olesz-Henrique-Jagr
Tedenby-Zajac-Zubrus
Josefson-Loktionov-Ryder
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Last edited:

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Is it so hard to believe that DZ might actually be sick? For anyone that has ever had the flu it is brutal. No reason to have a player push himself through that on games 6 & 7 of the season. Last thing we need is a half-speed DZ getting lit up in the neutral zone and losing him for an extended period of time. Falk played ok against the Caps, but there is no way AV thinks he is a better option than DZ.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Because the Devils are zip-and-seven this becomes a big game in terms of wanting to win. I'll be seriously cheesed if we lose, I don't care what month it is or what the standings look like. Early my ass, they're 0-7.

And don't give me **** about "they're 0-4-3". That won't make it any less embarrassing to hand a team their first win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad