GDT: #7 - 10/19/13 | New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
----

Anyway Taylor Pyatt on the first line. All I can say is ****.

Fortunately the Devils are horrible--even with a full lineup. That a lot of Devils fans thought they had a good team coming into this year is laughable. Lou Lamoriello has allowed his team to get too old and he's stripped his farm. The Matteau at #29 draft pick a couple years ago was so incredibly stupid and now that their team has hit rock bottom they're going to have to forfeit this year's 1st rounder instead. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

This game could go either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Jon, and others, keep the rivalry above the belt, if you would. Some of this stuff is no bueno.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Yes, let's move away from the Gary Giltter talk. We're crossing into uncharted waters here.

PavelBure9

Jul 31, 2007
Both these lineups , without Elias and Callahan, look just awful. I mean this might be a snooze fest.

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
So, does anyone here use the live streams? I had to cut back and not get Center Ice this year. Just wondering which is the best stream to use as far as freezing up the least, not being glitchy, no viruses, etc. So, anyone have any preferences?

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
GameCenter Live is a really good one in my opinion, if youre able to afford it. i cant, so im just following the links Loffen posted in the 1st post. it varies for me game to game on which one works better. myP2P usually has the clearest stream.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Both these lineups , without Elias and Callahan, look just awful. I mean this might be a snooze fest.

Nash, Cally, Hags out for us.

Clowe definitely out for them. Elias and Brunner game-time decisions.

If Elias and Brunner are both out, I like our chances a bit better. If they play I just can't see our forward group competing with theirs. If Lundqvist and Schneider both play like they should, we could be looking at a low-scoring affair.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so DZ looks to be scratched , could be the flu but I am thinking they will deal him this yr. Staal, McD, Moore are just fine on LD and they really need a RD.

I am ok with dealing any UFA not named Callahan

Girardi, Stralman, Pyatt, Pouliott, Zuccarello, Moore , Boyle.............may get nothing for them but if a team wants them great.

Rather go down with kids, I know rushing them is not a good idea but if the team is blah by the deadline they have to go with kids

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Vigneault indicated yesterday Del Zotto was a game day decision. He didn't skate on Tuesday and didn't travel to DC for the game. The Rangers were off on Thursday. He skated yesterday and today.

Vigneault said he did not know if Michael Del Zotto (flu), back on the ice Friday, would replace Justin Falk as the sixth defenseman. Otherwise, their lineup will look as it did during practice. Players who have moved in the lineup are highlighted in bold and italicized, to show you Vigneault’s specific changes:

Forwards: Taylor Pyatt-Derick Brassard-Brad Richards, J.T. Miller-Derek Stepan-Mats Zuccarello, Benoit Pouliot-Brian Boyle-Derek Dorsett, Darroll Powe-Dominic Moore-Jesper Fast.

Defensemen: Ryan McDonagh-Dan Girardi, Marc Staal-Anton Stralman, Justin Falk OR Michael Del Zotto-John Moore

Goalies: Henrik Lundqvist (starter), Jason Missiaen (backup)

Power play unit, No. 1: Richards-J. Moore, Stepan-Pyatt-Brassard

Power play unit, No. 2: Girardi-Stralman, Pouliot-Miller-Zuccarello

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ra...taylor-pyatt-jt-miller-onto-top-two-lines-for

3rd year expansion teams have better line-ups than what the Rangers are sending to the ice tonight.

Michael Del Zotto is scratched tonight despite being healthy. AV doesn't see a reason to replace any of the D that played in Washington.

https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/391600520613597185

68Forever

Sep 2, 2008
Queens, NY
Hey I just moved back into the city have have no friends that watch Rangers games (aka i have no friends...yet!) but I was seeing if any hfboard members get together to watch the games at bars, I need to talk to some people that know as much about the team as us posters do

Mr Atoz*

LGR!

It will suck if they break their win-less streak vs. us.

As much as I hate the shmevils if getting their first win of the season against us after 8 games is the best they can do against us I can live with it. What I can't live with is this team not being good enough to have to worry about it.

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
GameCenter Live is a really good one in my opinion, if youre able to afford it. i cant, so im just following the links Loffen posted in the 1st post. it varies for me game to game on which one works better. myP2P usually has the clearest stream.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm just gonna go with one of Loffen's links. I'll try the myP2P one.

SlingshotVv

arm-bar all the things
Sep 28, 2009
Colonia, NJ
Oh my god, is that really our forward line-up for tonight? That looks like a small market last place line-up from pre 2005. Henke and the defense are going to have to put in some serious work tonight. I can't think of a worse starting 12 even on some injury riddled teams over the last few seasons.

6 of our 12 Fwds should be on 4th line. A few are borderline NHLers at all

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Vigneault indicated yesterday Del Zotto was a game day decision. He didn't skate on Tuesday and didn't travel to DC for the game. The Rangers were off on Thursday. He skated yesterday and today.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ra...taylor-pyatt-jt-miller-onto-top-two-lines-for

3rd year expansion teams have better line-ups than what the Rangers are sending to the ice tonight.

https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/391600520613597185

Well, if AV sees no reason to change the defensive lineup, that means John Moore maybe, just maybe, played MDZ out of his spot... AV saw Falk as a usable fill in for the 6th or 7th defenseman...

This is very, very, very good. I don't care how much he's matured, MDZ has zero brains

Forward lines on the other hand are abysmal... Fast on the 4th line with Moore and Powe? talk about a black hole of offense.

Why is Pyatt on the 1st PP unit? Why are Pouliout and Girardi on the 2nd PP unit?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
so DZ looks to be scratched , could be the flu but I am thinking they will deal him this yr. Staal, McD, Moore are just fine on LD and they really need a RD.

I am ok with dealing any UFA not named Callahan

Girardi, Stralman, Pyatt, Pouliott, Zuccarello, Moore , Boyle.............may get nothing for them but if a team wants them great.

Rather go down with kids, I know rushing them is not a good idea but if the team is blah by the deadline they have to go with kids

You are contradicting yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->