Prospect Info: 6th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I mean the centers in this draft aren’t stepping in for a while anyway. It doesn’t matter.
Yeah, you would expect Veleno to be ready sooner than anyone not named Kakko/Hughes.

I'd go BPA, including the Russian kid. Waiting 2 years isn't a big deal, gives the team 2 more lottery chances. The Caps had to wait for both Ovy and Kuz.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Y'all sleeping on my boy Kirby. He's gonna be Blake Wheeler 2.0 (without the extended development period), book it

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
We pick turcotte imo, think he makes it to six. Byram is gone and the Russian I doubt we drafte if he falls he will be drafted by someone else.

What would it cost us to move up to four to pick byram?

Our second would do it? Or add a third?
Doesn't make sense to move up two spots like that. Byram isn't touted as the next Ray Bourque is he?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's really crazy good group to pick.

1-2. are Kakko and Hughes
Podkolzin is pretty high ranked as 3.
Turcotte also ranked pretty high, maybe he goes to local Blackhawks and POdkolzin falls to 4th.
Then it's Byram going 5th to LAK or some center picked there.

That leaves us a group of:

Byram/Center
Cozens
Dach
Krebs
Zegras
Newhook

All of those centers are ranked to Top6 in different pre-draft rankings. We probably can pick a center of that almost equal 5-man group as the 2nd one who picks.

So 4 options. All centers. Not bad at all.

Nice to see that our board of whiners is nothing but whining in here, when the situation is GOOD.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Meh... I'm not sold on many of these guys. Outside the box maybe but it's Dylan Cozens or Ryan Suzuki for me.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Blondie: [counting Angel Eyes' men] One, two, three, four, five, six. Six. Perfect number.
Angel Eyes: Huh. Isn't three the perfect number?
Blondie: Mm... yeah. But I've got six more bullets in my gun.
-Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef, The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Just like last year Wings gets to pick a player who could go as 3rd overall. Top-8 is very talented in this draft Turcotte, Byram, Cozens, Dach, Podkolzin, Zegras. One of them is gonna a Red Wing, im not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad