Prospect Info: 6th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larkin1578

Jun 22, 2015
I think we are going to take Zegras. He’s a playmaker unlike anyone currently in the organization.

I love the kids game but I also get why a lot of people don’t.

Unfortunately, Zegras is committed to Boston University.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
He’s grown on me considerably. The only downside is he is seemingly farther away than other players

Yeah I think he needs time but it may not be a bad thing for him. Him getting more time to develop as a C would be quite beneficial.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
What’s your top six for your ranking and what do you predict the teams to actually pick. I know it’s hard but give it a shot!

It is difficult and it evolves quite a bit.

Top 6 on my list are:
Kakko
Hughes
Turcotte
Byram
Zegras
Cozens

How I think it plays out:
Hughes
Kakko
Turcotte
Cozens
Byram
Podkolzin

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I was really hoping we were due, but that's the gamblers fallacy. We really need that high-end offensive stud, but I guess not this year.
At 6 we should get a quality player, I can see an argument for Dach, Turcotte, Byram, Cozens, and Podkolzin.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Don't want Byram. He feels like the kind of defender that will take half a decade or more to know if he's going to be a top pairing guy, or a middle pairing guy. Would rather get a good center and trade forward depth for a defender that will be ready much sooner than that.

If he falls I'd take him, Byram that is, but I would not trade up to take him.

I can't help but say I'm a bit disappointed, it would have been nice to be top 3, but we're going to essentially be able to select whichever center we want now.

If we can get any of Turcotte, Krebs, Dach, or Zegras I'll be happy with the draft. I'd almost advocate us trading down a few spots if we could gain another 2nd or 3rd, though if Turcotte is on the board we should take him as I have as the clear #3 now.

Anyone we take in the 3rd tier, say picks 5-13 will have some warts so I just hope we do our homework. Also, please avoid Podkolzin.

Reactions: Henkka

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
No wingers. This team already has Mantha, AA, Zadina, Bert, Svech, and Ras. And if Hirose is for real (I have my doubts, he might be the lucky recipient of joining the top 6 during the only winning streak this season). They need center depth. Look at this year when Nielsen got hurt and how thin they were.

If the player we pick is better than any of those guys except maybe Zadina, then I don’t care if we pick a winger.

Reactions: hkydave04

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
i would guess we draft a center. They’ve usually been pretty good about seeing who the best player available is when picking and making their draft boards. I’m going to say I’m confident in that happening but then again we’ll probably just take Podkolzin because bpa

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah I think he needs time but it may not be a bad thing for him. Him getting more time to develop as a C would be quite beneficial.

If I’m looking at picking Zegras, I think it aligns with Toronto actually.

They drafted Marner (Zegras) who wasn’t quite NHL ready so he played his D+1 season in juniors (college). The following year, the Leafs won the lottery and took a game breaking player in Matthews (Lafreniere).

A guy can dream...

Reactions: avssuc and DInTheB

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
It is difficult and it evolves quite a bit.

Top 6 on my list are:
Kakko
Hughes
Turcotte
Byram
Zegras
Cozens

How I think it plays out:
Hughes
Kakko
Turcotte
Cozens
Byram
Podkolzin

Interesting that your top 6 doesn't include the unanimous 3rd best player, head and shoulders above everyone except for 2 people, podkolzin.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
If Ken Holland wants to win this season, maybe we trade our first for a proven defenseman and then sign panarin to a big deal.

= playoffs 2020 lol

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
If we pick 6th next year we know we are screwed. That would be 6-6-6 in consecutive years as we select Little Nicky.

Give me Turcotte this year. I've been high on him all along, and not just because he has the exquisite taste to choose Wisconsin.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Yeah, he can play on Glendening's wing on the 2nd line.

Or you know with AA, who looked good at center? Or you know with veleno or ras, just because ras was put at wing on a checking line(good job blashill....) doesn't mean he cant play center either.

People need to understand. This team sucks. We still need centers, wingers, defense and goalies. You take the BPA again, regardless of position.

Reactions: hkydave04

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
If we pick 6th next year we know we are screwed. That would be 6-6-6 in consecutive years as we select Little Nicky.

Give me Turcotte this year. I've been high on him all along, and not just because he has the exquisite taste to choose Wisconsin.
ClearcutSleepyApe-size_restricted.gif

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Or you know with AA, who looked good at center? Or you know with veleno or ras, just because ras was put at wing on a checking line(good job blashill....) doesn't mean he cant play center either.

People need to understand. This team sucks. We still need centers, wingers, defense and goalies. You take the BPA again, regardless of position.

Ras's skill set doesn't translate to NHL as a center. His best playing in the CHL was at wing, and he doesn't look to have the IQ to play center in the top 6 in the NHL. Veleno is still a wild card. And AA didn't look good at center. He actually looked like a winger playing center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad