Post-Game Talk: #68 - 3/7/20 | Rangers vs. Devils | 7:00 PM ET - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
“Mika is a fabulous player with a fabulous personality.” - Joe Micheletti.

How did we get stuck with this third rate mental midget? I’m going to listen to LaGreca going forward. Micheletti is insufferably dumb.

Which part of the statement is dumb?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I know I'm probably overthinking this but I can't help feeling like this team just shit all over Mika's performance on Thursday. Dude put in a performance of a lifetime for the team and they couldn't even be bothered to give it their all the next game against an inferior performance?

There was a team meeting without Zibanejad and they decided to play poorly to embarrass him.

Reactions: The S5

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I get sitting Lundqvist. Really, I do.

But, that being said, Georgiev and Shesterkin have each let in at least one goal over the past three games that were terrible in games that really, REALLY mattered. If the Rangers are really thinking playoffs then I don't see how playing the experienced guy that's done this a dozen times in his NHL career hurts those chances. He can't be any worse than the other two guys have been (over the past 3 games). He should get a start to either prove that or disprove it now that he's knocked some of the rust off.

On the other hand, if the idea is to get the other guys "pressure experience" and let the chips fall where they may then I get that too.

Reactions: LGR92, 21 and Siddi

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I was watching at a bar last night and couldn’t hear the audio.

Did they mention why Sam Rosen wasn’t doing the play by play? Also why were Shesterkin,Zibanejad and Staal at the podium for post game interviews???

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Goal 3 is the only questionable one imo. The 2nd one was a freak how it went in, the others were screens or deflections. What's everyone so worked up about Shesterkin for?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I was watching at a bar last night and couldn’t hear the audio.

Did they mention why Sam Rosen wasn’t doing the play by play? Also why were Shesterkin,Zibanejad and Staal at the podium for post game interviews???

Sam mentioned his grandson’s upcoming bar mitzvah last game.

Not sure about the post-game interviews, but they might’ve been coronavirus precautions. The NHL already mandated all teams close the locker rooms to the media for the time being, so that might’ve been a way to still give the media access.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

But, that being said, Georgiev and Shesterkin have each let in at least one goal over the past three games that were terrible in games that really, REALLY mattered. If the Rangers are really thinking playoffs then I don't see how playing the experienced guy that's done this a dozen times in his NHL career hurts those chances. He can't be any worse than the other two guys have been (over the past 3 games). He should get a start to either prove that or disprove it now that he's knocked some of the rust off.

On the other hand, if the idea is to get the other guys "pressure experience" and let the chips fall where they may then I get that too.

The team seems to win with the young guys and they lose with Hank...it is what it is.

Reactions: NYRangers0723

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Goal 3 is the only questionable one imo. The 2nd one was a freak how it went in, the others were screens or deflections. What's everyone so worked up about Shesterkin for?

Wait a second - so the first goal, where the Devils shoot from an impossible angle, wasn't a questionable goal?

If Lundqvist let that in it would be 30 pages of talking about his cap hit and playing with his brother in Sweden.

Shesty was rusty, no question, and last night was his worst game in blue. It's not beyond the pale to point it out. The guy has been great all year, but yesterday, not so much.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

I was told that goalies need to save goals coming from deflections or screens.

Or is that expectation only on Hanks shoulders?

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Wait a second - so the first goal, where the Devils shoot from an impossible angle, wasn't a questionable goal?

If Lundqvist let that in it would be 30 pages of talking about his cap hit and playing with his brother in Sweden.

Shesty was rusty, no question, and last night was his worst game in blue. It's not beyond the pale to point it out. The guy has been great all year, but yesterday, not so much.

Shiny new toy. Cant do no wrong. Some posters here have invested so much in Shesty that they cant be objective in regards to his play.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Shiny new toy. Cant do no wrong. Some posters here have invested so much in Shesty that they cant be objective in regards to his play.

that’s laughable considering Hank’s objective play.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Last 3 games for Igor is 1 game. I was disappointed in him yesterday, but he was great his first 10 games and you're calling for Hank after 1 bad game?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Question is if the treatment of Lundqvist is the worst I ever have seen during all my years as a NHL fan.

The management "the hockey experts" aka "the bright guys" really believe they have two other goalies better than Henrik Lundqvist, seriously? Are we talking about Henrik f*****g Lundqvist here, are we talking about the same goalie, "The King"? Now it may be too late telling Lundqvist "We are sorry but we f****d it up, now please save our a***s and get us to the playoffs (because otherwise we may lose our jobs).", it's a tough task right now even if it wouldn't surprise me if Henrik did it. Maybe better riding the two Russians, failing reaching the playoffs and fire one or two guys in management instead? Perhaps better in the long run for the Rangers? These are obviously not the best experts out there, but the smartest guys.

I respect Lundqvist staying in New York getting officially humiliated but my guess is this was more of a family decision.

The Avs are the most disrespectful org in hockey history for not suiting up Sakic and Forsberg too.

thanks for stopping by

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Some fans are so fickle. The kid was in a car accident and had a rib displaced a short time ago.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
that’s laughable considering Hank’s objective play.

Is it? I am on the record stating Igor is the best goalie we have right now and I also have no problem calling all 3 of them out for shitty plays and soft goals.

The difference between me and Igors extended family on here is consistency.

I dont move the goal posts or come up with ridiculous excuses for Igor or Georgie when they shit the bed and then proceed to kill Hank for the same type of goals.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'm not surprised at Igor's bad game last night, I was lowkey expecting it. He was due for a bad game after that 9-1 stretch he had and then coming back from a two-week rib injury with rust.

It had all the makings of a bad game.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
1. We can fairly easily adopt and play a little more conservative. We did it when Zibanejad was hurt for example. It was quite obvious that Philly with experienced coaches were going to expose us and that NJ wouldn’t run and gun against us again. DQ could read these things a little better. Like we get the lead twice. Let NJ try create something against us and see how well they can do that without giving up grade A chances.

2. Look we have 4 lines. I think that the roster structure more or less gives us 3 lines. Ziba’s, Panarin’s and Chytil’s. Players around them are a bit interchangeable, but Panarin can carry his own line and Chytil isn’t a perfect fit with him.

So that leaves us with the 4th line. How should we build that line? Is there anything the teams lacks? Is our team uneventful and a little flat, does it need a 4th that can give us a spark? Is our team short on offensive talent, and do we need a 4th with some hidden offense?

From my POV it’s extremely obvious that we could use a 4th line that is can settle things down. More like a 3b line.

It irks me a bit that DQ, but also our organization, aren’t a bit more solid and in tune when it comes to issues like this. It would help us so much if we had a line that could just hit the ice and play off some minutes. Provide stability. Expose teams we play against instead of getting exposed themselves.

really great post

1. Nothing conservative. Keep launching these cross ice passes. It’s pretty but anything but conservative when they play so wide open.

2. there is no “crash line” and it’s a shame. Agree. The team needs that grind it out line line which disrupts the opposition, takes the game to the boards and works.

Young team with which is missing some very key elements.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Is it? I am on the record stating Igor is the best goalie we have right now and I also have no problem calling all 3 of them out for shitty plays and soft goals.

The difference between me and Igors extended family on here is consistency.

I dont move the goal posts or come up with ridiculous excuses for Igor or Georgie when they shit the bed and then proceed to kill Hank for the same type of goals.

Some nice shiny new hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad