Post-Game Talk: #68 - 3/7/20 | Rangers vs. Devils | 7:00 PM ET - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I probably should get this..but I don't?

I happen to like micheletti. I know many ppl here don't. I'd say part of that is most of you aren't forced to listen to other teams broadcasts like I am being in Atlanta.

Joe micheletti is a better announcer than 95% of what's out there for other teams.
He is Micheletti's son in law

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm probably giving Igor too much benefit of the doubt but it looked to me like only 1 goal was really bad. Not sure about the 4th I didn't see where it beat him. Terrible game, but not as terrible as the numbers. Let's face it when you are setting records for 0.900+ save % in a row to start a career everyone thinks you're just never going to have a bad game and you will. I want to see how he bounces back from this.

Reactions: Cmox and egelband

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Didn’t watch, but I assume by the score Igor wasn’t great

Which is to be expected, considering he was in a car accident 2 WEEKS AGO!
It was the team. The Devils’ had 4.45 expected goals...they scored 5 (no ENG.) Claesson’s goal for example had a 61.3% chance of scoring, Palmieri’s 2nd goal had a 24.9% chance, Hayden’s had a 16.% chance, and they gave up about a dozen equal opportunities that Shesterkin stopped.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Nice, the dickweed Panthers won too. All we need now is for the Jackets to beat the Oilers and this day for all intents and purposes sunk our playoff odds.

Reactions: Machinehead

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
This is a serious question. Who was it that put Igor in? If it’s Quinn he should be fired on the spot.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It was one of our worst performances from start to finish in a long time.

at the end of the day losing 4 out of five in the final 20 games of the playoff push is pretty much a death sentence. Had to have this game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly, I know the talent on our blueline is lacking but I'd fire David Quinn just for keeping Lindy Ruff off AV's staff and then again this year. There's no reason we should be in the position we're in with 2 top 10 players in the game, and one of the best offensive defensemen, plus a Calder candidate. David Quinn keeping Ruff was absolutely the worst move of his career and should cost him his job.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This was a trap game. Devils are riding hot now and want to play spoiler especially against the Rangers. Igor was going to be rusty, wasn’t about him being rushed. So the results are not really a shocker to me.

Reactions: xigon and Governor

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This was a trap game. Devils are riding hot now and want to play spoiler especially against the Rangers. Igor was going to be rusty, wasn’t about him being rushed. So the results are not really a shocker to me.

I just don't understand how trap games happen at this level when you're fighting for your playoff lives.

Reactions: NYRangers16

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
This is a serious question. Who was it that put Igor in? If it’s Quinn he should be fired on the spot.

If your No 1 goalie is healthy and cleared by the doctors and you are playing a shit opponent, this is the PERFECT game to get him back in there.

Team team didnt do him any favors tonight, but I cant fathom a reason NOT to start the kid in his 1st game back from injury.

Reactions: haveandare

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just don't understand how trap games happen at this level when you're fighting for your playoff lives.

Yeah a better effort was needed. This team is where I expected them this year on the bubble of a playoff spot. Will they get in I honestly don’t know anymore. I think the Rangers are lucky the teams around them have been kinda running out of gas or dealing with injuries like Columbus and Carolina.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
We are having polar opposite experiences. Can’t fathom what you’re listening to but Micheletti has not had an insightful comment all year. Everything is a cliche or irrelevant story that strays from the game action. He is a distraction.

75% of his "insight" is repeating Sam's play by play in different words.

Sam: "Panarin receives the pass on the left wing, he shoots, he SCORES!"
REPLAY
Joe: "This is just amazing. Take a look at this. Panarin receives the pass right... THERE. He skates up the left wing. Then, he uses that QUICK RELEASE to put it past the goaltender and put the Rangers ahead."

The other 25% are recitations of vapid conversations he had with the other team's players or coaching staff.

Joe: "You know Sam, I had the chance to speak to Joel Quenneville before the game. You know what he told me? He said his team really needs to get a good start to the game here. That's why you've seen, in these first few minutes tonight, Florida outshooting the Rangers 3-1."

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
75% of his "insight" is repeating Sam's play by play in different words.

Sam: "Panarin receives the pass on the left wing, he shoots, he SCORES!"
REPLAY
Joe: "This is just amazing. Take a look at this. Panarin receives the pass right... THERE. He skates up the left wing. Then, he uses that QUICK RELEASE to put it past the goaltender and put the Rangers ahead."

The other 25% are recitations of vapid conversations he had with the other team's players or coaching staff.

Joe: "You know Sam, I had the chance to speak to Joel Quenneville before the game. You know what he told me? He said his team really needs to get a good start to the game here. That's why you've seen, in these first few minutes tonight, Florida outshooting the Rangers 3-1."

4B26C668-773C-4C9A-851B-876431F70241.jpeg

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Honestly, I know the talent on our blueline is lacking but I'd fire David Quinn just for keeping Lindy Ruff off AV's staff and then again this year. There's no reason we should be in the position we're in with 2 top 10 players in the game, and one of the best offensive defensemen, plus a Calder candidate. David Quinn keeping Ruff was absolutely the worst move of his career and should cost him his job.
Who says Quinn was the one who wanted to keep Ruff? It might not have been his decision.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
In person, the defense looked awful. They got turnstiled time after time, bad pinches, and a bunch of missed or ill-timed passes. Staal looks like he's lost 5 steps, never mind one, and I had an old-timer tell me he thought Staal has been having a great season. I'm not sure if he's watching the same player.

Igor didn't look too great. I don't think it's a sign of anything negative. I sincerely doubt he's 100% or he's really rusty from the time off. I can't say that I'm unbiased, though. I've been a Shesty fan since we drafted him, but this wasn't a great outing.

Usually he's very good at sealing up the posts, so that first goal seemed awfully uncharacteristic. Some of the others were deflections and blown coverage, so I don't think it was as bad of a game for him as the stat line would show.

Had another guy at the game tell me he spoke to someone and that both Buch and Shesty are extremely, extremely lucky they were relatively unscathed in the accident. Sounds like things could've been a lot worse.

Watching the game as a whole, a lot of our guys didn't stand out at all. You knew when Panarin was on the ice every time he was out there. Same with Fox. Zibby to almost that extent but not exactly. The rest of these guys to find another gear.

The passes weren't connecting. They weren't finishing checks. The effort totally dried up in the second period and only picked up for the last 5 of the third.

I'm not really worried. This is a young team, and it wouldn't surprise me if the grind of an NHL season is getting to the younger guys. I still feel that Chytil is going to be a really good player for us.

Reactions: Chytilmania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Know a dude at work who knows someone at Geico and they sent him the photo of Shestys Porsche.

Lemme tell ya, that shit was CRUSHED.

Huge props to those two boys for even being able to ever play hockey again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad