OT: 67th Obsequious Banter Thread: At Least We’re Not The Leafs, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't blame you at all. I moved from the boardwalk side of the island to the bay side just to try to get some peace for these 3 months.

More tourists should come down in September if school isn't an issue. It's warm enough to do whatever you want, rentals are dirt cheap, and everything you want is still open.

My fiancee is visiting family, my stack of things to read is about 20 high, and I have 2 library loans due this week. I'll be camped out on the deck with the dogs. It will be glorious.

Yup, September is generally when i spend the most time at my dads. Summer is just too crowded to really enjoy it. That, and my dad gets cold very easily and isnt as willing to blast the air conditioning at night to a level that suits my sleeping needs.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Work is interviewing for 2 night shift pharmacists, got this quote at my internal application interview: "We really liked 2 of the other applicants, so we're hoping we can incorporate one of them in a different role"

Ezpz

Last edited:

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
More tourists should come down in September if school isn't an issue. It's warm enough to do whatever you want, rentals are dirt cheap, and everything you want is still open.

That's what I do if I feel the need to go down. Take a day off when it's nice the week or so after Labor Day. Water's actually warm, nobody's there, and there's no fighting traffic.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Tornado warning...that was fun. Let's not have to do that again
Been too many tornadoes lately for my comfort. Last week one moved through the neighborhood adjacent to my brother and his fiance, then yesterday one touched down about a mile from my office. The universe is trying to kill my family apparently.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Been too many tornadoes lately for my comfort. Last week one moved through the neighborhood adjacent to my brother and his fiance, then yesterday one touched down about a mile from my office. The universe is trying to kill my family apparently.

I'm on mobile - where the hell do you guys live that you're getting tornados?

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
The Missouri/Kansas area has been hit with quite a few of them recently (I guess that’s the norm?) but it shut down the St. Louis airport for a little while this week.

Why is this relevant? I’ll be in St. Louis in a week... I don’t do Tornados fam

Reactions: HokieDude17

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Fired up the charcoal kettle tonight, waiting for the little potatoes and burgers to finish up. This thread is perfect for killing time. Looking forward to that QT flick, happy ticketmaster didnt screw you HC, and that cloud ring is 100% how the bad aliens will arrive
I'm working some overtime this morning and downtown Main Street smells like charcoal because of a big blaze nearby. I thought it was just morning mist until I got out of my car. Now everyone here will have that smokey scent with no BBQ to go with it. :oops:

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
There is a reason the US mid-west is considered Tornado Alley, https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/what-is-tornado-alley/70001107

I would not be a fan of living there.
I have family in Kansas and we went to visit them once around Easter which was a horrible time to be in that area. I was still in grade school and we were in a pizzeria when the tornados started coming through. I was pissed because I was playing a video game and the power went out. Then I looked out the nearby window and saw one of those big hanging car dealership signs rip off and smash through a car windshield and got the HELL away from the windows!

We actually had one back around the same time (early 80's) at home which is extremely rare and I remember my brother and his friends grabbing onto trees and starting to get lifted up. I don't think any serious damage was done but when you're only 4 or 5 it doesn't take much wind to scoop you up,.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
The Missouri/Kansas area has been hit with quite a few of them recently (I guess that’s the norm?) but it shut down the St. Louis airport for a little while this week.

Why is this relevant? I’ll be in St. Louis in a week... I don’t do Tornados fam
The movie Twister had me convinced as a child that every thunderstorm was going to produce a massive F-5 tornado and flatten my small town.

Reactions: Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Took the kids to the Elmwood zoo, grilled burgers and corn, and had a glass of whiskey. Today was a good day.
Also had a glass of some beer, long wood something maybe, at the zoo. Nothing like bringing a beer and looking at a bison while thinking about the last bison steak you ate.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I finally got to finish Westworld season 2 (I put it away a few times for numerous reasons) - and even though it started slowly, just like season 1, it grew to an amazing story... this season, honestly, was a little too complicated for me with too many plot (and timeline!) twists - especially the timeline got confusing a bit. But the finale was so good and I didnt really expect many of the storyline twists. And I love the acting by Ed Harris, A. Hopkins, J. Marsden...

Now I have to wait for another year, and the only series that could help me with such topic (tech/future) is Black Mirror probably.. might need some suggestions, haha

edit - oh and how they incorporated part of Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 and the piano version of Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box was amazing

Last edited:

cg41386

Oct 15, 2017
I wasn’t sure where to post this, but I was shopping at the Cherry Hill Target earlier today. I met this really cool guy there, I *THINK* most of you know him. He is #28 for the Philadelphia Flyers NHL hockey team, Claude Giroux. He is really nice and I took a selfie with him.

E8869776-CFB5-458E-B7BE-D6C297F6AF81.jpeg

So that was my day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad