GDT: #66: FLYERS at Islanders, Sunday, Mar. 3, 2019, 3:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
If you're talking about the Flyers, we're about to be 7 points back.
Yeah, Pittsburg about to win.
The loss to Columbus in OT.
And the loss to Pittsburg (the game before the outdoor game)

Cost us our season. If we had won those 2 games the gap would be more do able.

We need to win every game for the rest of the year In order to make the playoffs

Reactions: TheKingPin

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
A lot of people roasted Petr Mrazek. But he’s doing just fine In Carolina.

I said last year we should have played him more. I know he didn’t look good at first. But against Pittsburg he was our greatest shot at winning.

Way more athletic than an injured Elliott, and injured Neuvirth.

Wasn’t Sanheim scratched too? Wow Hakstol was bad.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
A lot of people roasted Petr Mrazek. But he’s doing just fine In Carolina.

I said last year we should have played him more. I know he didn’t look good at first. But against Pittsburg he was our greatest shot at winning.

Way more athletic than an injured Elliott, and injured Neuvirth.

Wasn’t Sanheim scratched too? Wow Hakstol was bad.
One is unlike the other.

He was awful, regardless of any contributing factors.

You and me are both more athletic than injured Elliot and neuvirth. And I literally pulled a muscle in my neck because I tried jogging around the block.

Hakstol was indeed bad. Preach.

Reactions: BernieParent

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Mrazek is 15-12-3 with a .903 S%, I'll take Elliott, thank you.
Did u watch the Carolina vs Florida game tonight. Mrazek was the soul reason they won. Elliot’s positioning is putrid and his rebound control is horrible. Mrazek isn’t great, but he’s better than Elliott for sure.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Q: If Elliott is so much better than Talbot that you'd make him the starter in a playoff push, why would you consider signing Talbot over Elliott?

I know we have serious Elliott fatigue but if you could sign them for the same price, it seems like Elliott is the better value.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Q: If Elliott is so much better than Talbot that you'd make him the starter in a playoff push, why would you consider signing Talbot over Elliott?

I know we have serious Elliott fatigue but if you could sign them for the same price, it seems like Elliott is the better value.

My assumption is they were really unsure on Elliots timeline on his return from injury at the time. That and the Hart connection we’re probably enough to pull the trigger - especially if they intended to move on from Stolie anyways.

Not saying I agree, but I assume that was roughly the thought process.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Woohoo I can watch this one. And considering I will be deadly hung over the whole Sunday and there is no Hakstok, I probably will watch.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I would say if we lose tomorrow, i'm 0fficially on the "Season Over" boat.

otherwise, crazier things have happened.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I would say if we lose tomorrow, i'm 0fficially on the "Season Over" boat.

otherwise, crazier things have happened.
I see it as they need to go 13-4 and see if 96 points is good enough. If not, on to next year with the kids already having put their stamp on the team. Only one bad contract left, I guess schlemko also, but you get the point.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Did u watch the Carolina vs Florida game tonight. Mrazek was the soul reason they won.

giphy.gif

Elliot’s positioning is putrid and his rebound control is horrible. Mrazek isn’t great, but he’s better than Elliott for sure.

1120scandalfitz.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I see it as they need to go 13-4 and see if 96 points is good enough. If not, on to next year with the kids already having put their stamp on the team. Only one bad contract left, I guess schlemko also, but you get the point.

96 points would give them an excellent chance to make it.

95-94 is ~roughly combined 50:50, with 95 probably giving them a 60% chance, 94 a 33% chance.

93 is a chance... but not a great one.

92 is very, very unlikely.

91 and under is basically impossible.

11-4-2 is the worst they can do from here on out I think (94pts) and have a semi-realistic shot.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
We have 3 games against the Caps and 3 games against the Islanders this month. Too bad they aren't among the teams we're chasing.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

95-94 is ~roughly combined 50:50, with 95 probably giving them a 60% chance, 94 a 33% chance.

11-4-2 is the worst they can do from here on out I think (94pts) and have a semi-realistic shot.

NHL Strength of Schedule Rankings

2nd hardest schedule left. Not good

Reactions: Tripod and KrazyKat

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
If we can get by the Isle today and the Jets take care of CBJ the picture brightens .

Reactions: TheKingPin

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018

Totally on the same page. I just see things written about must games. Maybe the last 2 or 3 become that. At this point you look at the overall picture. In my scenario if they win today they need 12-4. If they lose 13-3.

Reactions: Appleyard

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

I am hoping for 12-3-2. Take 3 losses and 2 OT losses. I think Hart can get us there. Looking at the last few games if a healthy Morin was in we’d have no real glaring weakness any longer once Hart gets back. I think they will have to go on another streak as opposed to playing just over a win 2 lose 1
pace.

NHL Strength of Schedule Rankings

2nd hardest schedule left. Not good

This is big issue. 6 games agaisnt the top 2 seeds in the metro. The good thing is they are easily the least theatening teams in that spot league wide.

Hart should be back soon right? I thought I heard this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad