GDT: #66: FLYERS at Islanders, Sunday, Mar. 3, 2019, 3:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Totally on the same page. I just see things written about must games. Maybe the last 2 or 3 become that. At this point you look at the overall picture. In my scenario if they win today they need 12-4. If they lose 13-3.
If they can go 3-0 this week you are feeling a lot better. That’s tough as it’s isles-caps-isles Then again after the sens game that follows its:

Caps
Leafs (b2b)
Pens
Habs
Hawks
Isles
Caps
Leafs

In a way it’s good. Win and get hot we can still get in. Show you are where you belong and I could see us losing every one of those games and tanking.

TH1Pool

Apr 22, 2006
Lancaster, PA
All this "our season is over if we lose tomorrow", and "no chance unless we go undefeated" talk is pretty ridiculous. Needing to make up 7 pts over 17 games is tough, but you can't predict what every other team is going to do. What if one of the team's we're chasing goes on a losing streak? What if we pick up a point on someone dvery few games and close the 7 pt gap? We could lose today, next game, go on a streak that covers +7 pts in the standings - it's only 4 games out of 17 to do that.

One day at a time people.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Q: If Elliott is so much better than Talbot that you'd make him the starter in a playoff push, why would you consider signing Talbot over Elliott?

I know we have serious Elliott fatigue but if you could sign them for the same price, it seems like Elliott is the better value.

Elliott's health cannot be trusted and I am pretty sure the organization is fed up with goalie injuries after these last 2-3 years.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Pointless worrying about what other teams do. Just win today and get ready for the next game.
:thumbu::thumbu:

Shero-esc

upload_2019-3-3_10-45-2.jpeg

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
All this "our season is over if we lose tomorrow", and "no chance unless we go undefeated" talk is pretty ridiculous. Needing to make up 7 pts over 17 games is tough, but you can't predict what every other team is going to do. What if one of the team's we're chasing goes on a losing streak? What if we pick up a point on someone dvery few games and close the 7 pt gap? We could lose today, next game, go on a streak that covers +7 pts in the standings - it's only 4 games out of 17 to do that.

One day at a time people.
The situation is decent. There are a lot of teams that are ahead of us but they are all
Separated by around a point. More options for one or two to go on a losing streak.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Elliott's health cannot be trusted and I am pretty sure the organization is fed up with goalie injuries after these last 2-3 years.

This, sometimes you just walk away from all the extra bullshit. Elliot has been a fine goalie, but what good is a goalie that can't get on the ice 40 games. Elliot could do this, now he can't. Lets hope with Hart/Talbot, we don't have this dumb crap next year.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Has anyone been paying attention to Yegor Zamula? Kid is on an absolute rampage.

Went from...

(16-17): 2G - 16A - 18P. 69GP

(18-19): 10G - 43A - 53P. 56GP

He’s almost at a PPG. 4th highest scoring PHI prospect in the CHL behind Frost, Strome, and Ratcliffe.

Also fun to look at:

Morgan Frost: 37G - 67A - 104P. 54GP OMG

Matthew Strome: 27G - 49A - 76P. 63GP

Issac Ratcliffe: 47G (!) - 26A - 73p. 58GP

Joel Farabee: 13G - 18A - 31P. 33GP (NCAA)

Ersson doing very well and Sandstrom is doing well at the SHL level.

Really nice to see a lot of prospects playing good hockey. Can’t wait for them to make their mark on this flyers team. We need it badly. No identity for this team STILL!

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Has anyone been paying attention to Yegor Zamula? Kid is on an absolute rampage.

Went from...

He’s almost at a PPG. 4th highest scoring PHI prospect in the CHL behind Frost, Strome, and Ratcliffe.

Also fun to look at:

Really nice to see a lot of prospects playing good hockey. Can’t wait for them to make their mark on this flyers team. We need it badly. No identity for this team STILL!
They are deep, but I wouldn’t rate Strome as a top, or even good prospect due to his subpar skating

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Yes, I've been watching his games quite often. He's awesome. A gangly young kid with tons of room to fill out. He's really composed under pressure and makes smart decisions everywhere. A very talented playmaker. He challenges rushers and uses his long reach and stick very well.

I had him #4 in my mid-term prospect rankings in early January. Only behind Frost, Myers, and Farabee. Zamula has done nothing except keep improving. Lots of upside with this kid. A true steal.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
We know who starts and if Hogg is out ?

Would prefer Talbot start and Morin or I can’t believe I’m saying it, Farmer over Hagg

Reactions: baudib1

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Which game is not big at this point? They are all basically must-win games... More than 7 points out of the playoffs with 17 games remaining, I just don't see it, it's way too tough. They would have to win at least 13-14 games.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Which game is not big at this point? They are all basically must-win games... More than 7 points out of the playoffs with 17 games remaining, I just don't see it, it's way too tough. They would have to win at least 13-14 games.

I'm expecting 32-0 tbh.

Reactions: BernieParent

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
GL today boys. Maybe we can get it to OT.

I’ll take an OT game here for sure. Good luck

Went from...

Also fun to look at:

I saw he’s being ranked as a top D prospect now. I think top 50? Pretty amazing for a free player. Who needs the draft! Myers looks like he could be our best dman which is kind of ridiculous.

They are deep, but I wouldn’t rate Strome as a top, or even good prospect due to his subpar skating

The Chicago Strome is showing what you can do with the right usage and linemates.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Went from...

Also fun to look at:

Good stuff. Not great stats for Strome given his age, though.

Reactions: CapnZin

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Yes, I've been watching his games quite often. He's awesome. A gangly young kid with tons of room to fill out. He's really composed under pressure and makes smart decisions everywhere. A very talented playmaker. He challenges rushers and uses his long reach and stick very well.

I had him #4 in my mid-term prospect rankings in early January. Only behind Frost, Myers, and Farabee. Zamula has done nothing except keep improving. Lots of upside with this kid. A true steal.
How is his strength? He’s listed at 6’3 165 which seems almost malnourished lol. Does he get pushed around at all?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I was just listing the top producing flyers prospects. Production wise (Points... not PPG), Strome is #2.

That list would include, further down, Sushko (#5), Wylie (#6), and Laczynski (#7)— Laczynski is over a PPG in the NCAA. Kid looks very good too. However, I think he may be reluctant to sign here.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
How is his strength? He’s listed at 6’3 165 which seems almost malnourished lol. Does he get pushed around at all?

Not really. He survives just fine. It will be fun to see what happens when he eventually puts on some weight.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Not really. He survives just fine. It will be fun to see what happens when he eventually puts on some weight.
Is he physical? Does he throw hits or punish people infront if the net? Lastly, where do you think he fits in the lineup with the likes of Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, Myers, Morin, and so on? I’ll stop being inquisitive after this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad