65th Obsequious Banter Thread: Where everyone gets a passing grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
In an effort to not derail the latest GDT, the amusement park I lived by as a kid used to have a ride called the Gyrosphere. It was a Scrambler but inside a giant inflatable plastic dome. Up until the late 80's they would play ELO's "Fire on High" and project cool 70's/80's sci-fi art on the walls. Then when the 90's came they dropped the projector and went with smoke,lasers, and generic techno crap. When half the park burned down in 1994 I think they gave up on it entirely. Many people in this area may not know the name of the actual song but will call it "the Gyrosphere song" instead.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I lost it when he found the whole wheel, and then you could see where the axle was gouging the pavement.

Christmas Chronicle on Netflix is absolutely amazing. Kurt Russell clearly had the time of his life shooting it. Instant classic.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Next Allstate commercial.

When I was 19 and on vacay with my buddies one of the local taxi drivers told us we could of driven away in our car since all the sober folks are extra careful fully expecting drunk drivers. I took that advice to the heart and it took me 5 years to come to my senses. College kids, the worst.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

reminded me of this.

ahhhh I forgot all about this! Senior year of high school there was an elective class, computer aided design. we took because we knew the teacher that taught the class didn't care much about anything, we'd just design things in the program, so it was just an easy class senior year. Well turns out another teacher decided to give teaching that class a shot and she was a total c u next Tuesday. Shr tried teaching out of a book and all this non-sense. Half way through the year we revolted and she eventually just gave up. This video was the beginning of the end. We'd turn the computer monitors off and play this video. She had no idea where it was coming from. Man, good times.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
ahhhh I forgot all about this! Senior year of high school there was an elective class, computer aided design. we took because we knew the teacher that taught the class didn't care much about anything, we'd just design things in the program, so it was just an easy class senior year. Well turns out another teacher decided to give teaching that class a shot and she was a total c u next Tuesday. Shr tried teaching out of a book and all this non-sense. Half way through the year we revolted and she eventually just gave up. This video was the beginning of the end. We'd turn the computer monitors off and play this video. She had no idea where it was coming from. Man, good times.
That reminds me of when I took a vocational class my senior year in Coomercial Art while my friends were across the hall doing radio and tv production (the class I SHOULD'VE taken instead). They had a mock DJ booth with a handful of old records and one of them was an old Arnold Schwartzenegger work-out album. Every few days you'd hear Arnie shouting "CLENCH YOUR BUTTOCKS!" echoing through the halls at full blast.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
That reminds me of when I took a vocational class my senior year in Coomercial Art while my friends were across the hall doing radio and tv production (the class I SHOULD'VE taken instead). They had a mock DJ booth with a handful of old records and one of them was an old Arnold Schwartzenegger work-out album. Every few days you'd hear Arnie shouting "CLENCH YOUR BUTTOCKS!" echoing through the halls at full blast.

Haha that's awesome.

We turned that class into a living hell for that lady, so much so I don't think she taught it the following year. We set up a minute golf course inside the classroom and used a T square as the putter. Right as class ended we had to sign out of the computer, so when the sign in screen came up, if you hold a button down it makes a dinging noise, so on our way out, we'd place the mouse on the keyboard so all computers were dinging. You could hear that noise from the other side of the school

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Haha that's awesome.

We turned that class into a living hell for that lady, so much so I don't think she taught it the following year. We set up a minute golf course inside the classroom and used a T square as the putter. Right as class ended we had to sign out of the computer, so when the sign in screen came up, if you hold a button down it makes a dinging noise, so on our way out, we'd place the mouse on the keyboard so all computers were dinging. You could hear that noise from the other side of the school
It seems like almost every morning announcement contained a plea from the guy in charge of the computer lab to return the "mouse balls". The phrasing made us laugh harder than the actual prank.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Slime, roaches, mice found in stadium food venues

I think I'll pass on the Stars game I was going to take in next month. And never do anything in Charlotte. Ever.

Philadelphia as a whole doesn't come out badly here at all.
I haven't been to a Bills game since the 90's when they were actually worth watching, but I'm surprised that New Era Field is so high on the list. I wonder how far down the list the old Ralph was. I guess the food is safe, it's the fans that are biohazards. I figured every game was like the Gathering of the Juggalos in there now.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Haha that's awesome.

That's great. Never understood why some high school teachers have such a power trip.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Slime, roaches, mice found in stadium food venues

I think I'll pass on the Stars game I was going to take in next month. And never do anything in Charlotte. Ever.

Philadelphia as a whole doesn't come out badly here at all.

I saw that and was afraid to read it, but I had to do it.

I've been to two Stars games at AAC, and now I am regretting it haha. It really is a cool arena though, you should definitely go. Dallas in general is a nice city

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

The people out there actually gullible enough to buy something like this probably don’t even know what the hell Bitcoin even is. :laugh:

I’ve spent a good portion of my day working on this crap from different angles. Whoever did this took the exact right route to getting the feds involved. That’s...unwise.

Sadly, there are those that pay. There’s a reason local governmental targets were specifically chosen. They’re often soft targets who know just enough to call their legal counsel and somehow still end up paying. Publicizing it the way it’s been done today goes a surprisingly long way to helping.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’ve spent a good portion of my day working on this crap from different angles. Whoever did this took the exact right route to getting the feds involved. That’s...unwise.

Sadly, there are those that pay. There’s a reason local governmental targets were specifically chosen. They’re often soft targets who know just enough to call their legal counsel and somehow still end up paying. Publicizing it the way it’s been done today goes a surprisingly long way to helping.

At least they’re getting creative unlike a middle eastern guy calling up your house saying he’s from the IRS & you owe money.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Has anyone ever bought from Prestine Auctions? I see them advertised all the time on my Facebook, was curious - thanks!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It’s with great sorrow that I have to write this.

My dad passed away yesterday after fighting the last couple weeks to recover from his brain bleed. He would have his good days and his bad days during the recovery but it got to the point where we could continue to pursue care but it wasn’t likely that he would have any quality of life at the end of the day.

We had to decide about whether going with comfort care or continuing to pursue the care in hopes that we would get a miracle. This was a tough decision to make but yesterday morning my Dad made the decision easy for us as they found that he had an infection that he would be highly unlikely to survive due to all of the complications he’s been dealing with. That was the last gift he gave to us as our family was slightly conflicted with plan. We started the comfort care and he passed away shortly after in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad