65th Obsequious Banter Thread: Where everyone gets a passing grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
It’s with great sorrow that I have to write this.

My dad passed away yesterday after fighting the last couple weeks to recover from his brain bleed. He would have his good days and his bad days during the recovery but it got to the point where we could continue to pursue care but it wasn’t likely that he would have any quality of life at the end of the day.

We had to decide about whether going with comfort care or continuing to pursue the care in hopes that we would get a miracle. This was a tough decision to make but yesterday morning my Dad made the decision easy for us as they found that he had an infection that he would be highly unlikely to survive due to all of the complications he’s been dealing with. That was the last gift he gave to us as our family was slightly conflicted with plan. We started the comfort care and he passed away shortly after in peace.
I’m so very sorry for your loss, HC. He’s in a better place now. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your fam.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

My dad passed away yesterday after fighting the last couple weeks to recover from his brain bleed. He would have his good days and his bad days during the recovery but it got to the point where we could continue to pursue care but it wasn’t likely that he would have any quality of life at the end of the day.

We had to decide about whether going with comfort care or continuing to pursue the care in hopes that we would get a miracle. This was a tough decision to make but yesterday morning my Dad made the decision easy for us as they found that he had an infection that he would be highly unlikely to survive due to all of the complications he’s been dealing with. That was the last gift he gave to us as our family was slightly conflicted with plan. We started the comfort care and he passed away shortly after in peace.

Really sorry to hear man. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Anyone collect hockey cards? Any cool Flyers in your collection? Just started getting back into it and having fun doing some group breaks and buying some not too crazy cards on ebay.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I'm really sorry for your loss, buddy.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I'm so sorry. We're here for you, HC.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

f*** man I'm so sorry...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Condolences to the whole family. If you need anything at all no matter how small, PMs are open and I'm positive I'm not alone in that.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018

my sympathy and prayers for you and your family. sorry for your loss.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

Terribly sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your family. Sounds awful to say, but like you said, he made it easy for you guys as that can be a messy situation and tare families apart. You have a big following here and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

Oh man, I am sorry I missed this, HC.

Condolences to you and your family. :(

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire

Utterly devastated to hear of your list HC. Our first sincerest thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Anyone collect hockey cards? Any cool Flyers in your collection? Just started getting back into it and having fun doing some group breaks and buying some not too crazy cards on ebay.
Stopped collecting in the late 90s until a couple of years ago. I have a metric tonne of Lindros cards, but nothing else from that era that is all that special.

Been buying the Upper Deck boxes again recently and picked up a limited edition Patrick RC, so that's neat.

A quick story on the UD Young Guns series: you're supposed to get 3 YG cards per box. In Matthews' rookie year, I bought a box and opened the first pack... 3 YG cards. Next pack, 3 YG cards. Whole box, 3 YG cards per pack. Only one Matthews, and had to buy a couple individual cards, including Provy, to fill the YG set, but pretty much got every rookie in that one box.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin what do you think of the new avatar?

This morning I posted "That avatar :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: " in response to one of your posts. It's awesome, but at the same time, I really, really don't want to look at his ****ing face all the time - so it may be a thing that is genius in theory, but horrible in execution, you know what I mean? Because we have to LOOK at it.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm

Condolences to you and your family HC. Take care of one another in this moment.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

I am so, so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your family were able to be there with him all the way, which is very important. I hope everyone got their opportunity to tell him anything you wanted to before he left. I really feel for you and hope you and your family can find the love and strength to carry on in his honor. Cherish the time you shared.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Somwwhere in a box I have a plastic box with a complete run of one of the hockey minor leagues for the given year. it was probably from around the early 90's. I also have a Lindros card that was on a wooden plaque. I think it was a rookie. I used to also have this Lindros clock which was a poster on a piece of wood that was laminated and then had a clock installed. Tacky as shit but as a kid I loved it. :laugh:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Somwwhere in a box I have a plastic box with a complete run of one of the hockey minor leagues for the given year. it was probably from around the early 90's. I also have a Lindros card that was on a wooden plaque. I think it was a rookie. I used to also have this Lindros clock which was a poster on a piece of wood that was laminated and then had a clock installed. Tacky as **** but as a kid I loved it. :laugh:
Everyone had a card on a wooden plaque lol. I blame carnivals.

Reactions: Amorgus

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I am very sorry for your loss HC, I really hoped he would make it after the initial "bad news not being really bad news" a few weeks ago... So sorry about this

I also noticed this thread (and this post) too late and I realized I made a dumb joke in the post regarding why you were using strike through font earlier today. My apologies, that was very poor choice of words when seeing these news. Maybe it is nothing big but this was a bad time to make that comment...

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
15450890206117562185621735173831.jpg

Lol look what I found in that box! All these damn cards are worth no more then 30 cents apiece after all these years. Should probably just throw them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad