LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
My god peta lol

TanInfatuatedHerculesbeetle-small.gif

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Saw the Trailer Park Boys Christmas Show last night since they were just down the road and thankfully another friend reached out to me to go since my brother was the only person I knew who watched it. At one part Randy was standing alone under a spotlight talking to Mr. Lahey and I could only imagine how hard it had to be to keep performing that part at each show. At the end everyone did a Lahey chant in John's honor.

In lighter news they did North Pole's Got Talent and Sunnyvale Family Feud: Christmas Edition with some audience members. Julian auctioned off his glass and a backstage bracelet for f***ing $250 dollars and probably could've gotten more if he wanted to bother with the folks in the balcony! Between that and the $10 raffle they had to make so much extra bank. The funniest thing is that because their characters are scumbags they can get away with doing shit like that in character and nobody holds it against them. Well played.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
So I'm gonna be home alone tonite, and am deciding to make some boilo. Looking online for some recipe ideas, anyone here familiar? Some coal crackers have suggestions? I'm a traditionalist, so no sodas or extra juices. Just fruit water and booze (4 Queens and Everclear).

About Everclear, did folks know there is a 190 version available? On the state store website, it says permit only, so it may not be available for commercial sale, which would make me sad. Cause 190 > 151, obviously.

Put it into my veins, DO IT!

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So I'm gonna be home alone tonite, and am deciding to make some boilo. Looking online for some recipe ideas, anyone here familiar? Some coal crackers have suggestions? I'm a traditionalist, so no sodas or extra juices. Just fruit water and booze (4 Queens and Everclear). About Everclear, did folks know there is a 190 version available? On the state store website, it says permit only, so it may not be available for commercial sale, which would make me sad. Cause 190 > 151, obviously.

You used to be able to get the 190 in NJ and MD, not sure if you still can.

It made your lips, mouth, and esophagus go numb.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So I'm gonna be home alone tonite, and am deciding to make some boilo. Looking online for some recipe ideas, anyone here familiar? Some coal crackers have suggestions? I'm a traditionalist, so no sodas or extra juices. Just fruit water and booze (4 Queens and Everclear).

About Everclear, did folks know there is a 190 version available? On the state store website, it says permit only, so it may not be available for commercial sale, which would make me sad. Cause 190 > 151, obviously.

I know that when we were in high school, everyone said that Everclear was 190. I never looked at the bottle, so I don't know for sure. Never needed it thanks to lovely vodka.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know that when we were in high school, everyone said that Everclear was 190. I never looked at the bottle, so I don't know for sure. Never needed it thanks to lovely vodka.

I believe it’s like 95% alcohol if I remember right reading off the bottle. It was years ago when I was down the shore in NJ as they don’t even sell it here in PA. I think Barcardi 151 is the highest you can get here in PA.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I agree that its maybe their worst album, but i hardly consider it a step in the wrong direction.

The problem with that album is that arguably their 3 worst songs are back to back to back on that record.

BUT Put Your Money On Me is a phenomenal song. Electric Blue, Good God Damn, Everything Now and Don't Deserve Love are great, too.

I agree that those songs are decent..but I wouldn't put any of them in the top 20 for Arcade Fire songs. As you said, the middle of the album is so f***ing bad that it ruins it for me. I can't remember a worse middle section on an album. I've also soured over the personality for the way they marketed the album. It was a pretentious PR disaster.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I agree that those songs are decent..but I wouldn't put any of them in the top 20 for Arcade Fire songs. As you said, the middle of the album is so ****ing bad that it ruins it for me. I can't remember a worse middle section on an album. I've also soured over the personality for the way they marketed the album. It was a pretentious PR disaster.

I missed the marketing for it. What did they do that really chapped your ass?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I agree that those songs are decent..but I wouldn't put any of them in the top 20 for Arcade Fire songs. As you said, the middle of the album is so ****ing bad that it ruins it for me. I can't remember a worse middle section on an album. I've also soured over the personality for the way they marketed the album. It was a pretentious PR disaster.
I bailed on them when they announced a dress code for their album release show in Brooklyn. Get the f*** outta here. Totally turned me off and haven't listened to the new album since.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I bailed on them when they announced a dress code for their album release show in Brooklyn. Get the **** outta here. Totally turned me off and haven't listened to the new album since.

That was for Reflektor, i believe. I thought it was kind of cool, but i also get why that would rub people the wrong way.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
That was for Reflektor, i believe. I thought it was kind of cool, but i also get why that would rub people the wrong way.
They actually did it again for Everything Now after saying it wasn't mandatory the first go around with Reflektor.

But now I'm reading it may have been Apple doing it. My world has been turned upside down.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I believe it’s like 95% alcohol if I remember right reading off the bottle. It was years ago when I was down the shore in NJ as they don’t even sell it here in PA. I think Barcardi 151 is the highest you can get here in PA.

My parents moved to Jersey while I was in college. They were in the middle of nowhere, but the closet thing to them was a liquor/beer store. One of my first purchases was Everclear, which is definitely 95% alcohol/190 proof. Stuff is down right nasty.

Luckily, since it was college, we were dumb and would drink anything. Eventually we did a science experiment where we tried to make Everclear Gummy Bears. We poured Everclear and Gummy Bears into a bowl and let it sit for a while. We didn't think it was working great, so we decided to warm them up. This ended up melting the Gummy Bears into a jello like consistency. We basically ended up with Everclear Jello. It was horrible, so we went to the party in the apartment below our's and started passing it out as we walked the around.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
You used to be able to get the 190 in NJ and MD, not sure if you still can.

It made your lips, mouth, and esophagus go numb.

Still can, was the drink of choice when I was in Highschool/College.

The beest way we used it was making Jungle Juice just all kinds of fruit drinks and fruit into a big cooler with multiple bottles.

Reactions: klutch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad